Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NFRR1234YFCAN
They sell them on ebay too.

A compressor is usually never "toast" but rather just leaking. And depending how big of a leak will determine how long a can lasts. They just replaced your condenser, correct? If your a/c is cold again why are you concerned about your compressor? I would just relax and enjoy your cold air and hope it stays cold for 1-2 years. Cheers.
How do you know how much to put in? Or you just run a can until it is empty and civics usually take 1 can?
Sponsored

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do you know how much to put in? Or you just run a can until it is empty and civics usually take 1 can?
Use the gage on the fill hose. I believe if the system is completely empty, it's gonna be 2 full cans. If it's just blowing warm on the driver side, 1 can will do it.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
I just wanted to share my experience with the recharge kits. Bought a Honeywell 1234yf refrigerant and generic A/C line adapter kit from NAPA for around $50. With A/C on full blast the gauge was reading 35psi which is in the middle of the "full" range. After several minutes releasing the can into the system I stopped as to not overfill. To my surprise the gauge read exactly the same pressure so I am not quite sure where it all went.

After some triple digit heat here it appears to be working better than before. For example I don't have to crank the fans up to the max to feel the cabin cooling down. I checked the line pressure nearly two weeks later and its still holding strong at 35psi. If this gets me through summer and beyond that I am pretty stoked considering the cost and I still have maybe half a can leftover.

OP
OP
Swordfish

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I just wanted to share my experience with the recharge kits. Bought a Honeywell 1234yf refrigerant and generic A/C line adapter kit from NAPA for around $50. With A/C on full blast the gauge was reading 35psi which is in the middle of the "full" range. After several minutes releasing the can into the system I stopped as to not overfill. To my surprise the gauge read exactly the same pressure so I am not quite sure where it all went.

After some triple digit heat here it appears to be working better than before. For example I don't have to crank the fans up to the max to feel the cabin cooling down. I checked the line pressure nearly two weeks later and its still holding strong at 35psi. If this gets me through summer and beyond that I am pretty stoked considering the cost and I still have maybe half a can leftover.
Once you tap the can if you don't completely use it can you just save it and use it for later ? Just comparing the cost to fixing vs. the cans, it seems like just refilling is a better option. Seems easy enough to do.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
I'm pretty sure it is just like any other pressurized can and it will slowly leak over time. Someone else can correct me if I am wrong.

Recharging is super easy and simple to DIY. The only part I wasn't sure if I did correctly was purging the air from the fill hose.

CT0760

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring, Blue
Country flag
What about the oil? When the refrigerant leaks out the oil does too, so do the cans you buy have the oil and refrigerant?
Sponsored