First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Hi,

My car blows cold air normally, but if i turn off my car then turn it back on the air blows warm. Same things happens if i am driving and i turn the air off then back on it will also blow warm. I have to rev to about 5k rpm to get the A/C to blow cold for both instances. Its very annoying...

Any suggestions? Took the car to Honda dealership twice and they couldn't replicate.
Sponsored

OP
OP

austin21

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Probably low refrigerant.
I was thinking the same, but that also means something is leaking. Its been doing this for a year since i got it. I was thinking it was more of a faulty a/c compressor or electrical issue causing the compressor not to turn on when it should. If it was a leak i would assume it would be blowing hot air by now.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
I would ask the dealer if I were you to ask if your VIN is included in the condenser recall. Don’t wait till it’s all crappy in the end.

OP
OP

austin21

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I would ask the dealer if I were you to ask if your VIN is included in the condenser recall. Don’t wait till it’s all crappy in the end.
Yep i am going to call and setup an appointment to get it checked out. In all honesty i dont feel like that are even troubleshooting the car, just turning it on to see if it blows cold...thanks for the info

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Yep i am going to call and setup an appointment to get it checked out. In all honesty i dont feel like that are even troubleshooting the car, just turning it on to see if it blows cold...thanks for the info
If that’s the case, I would go to another dealership.
Sponsored