Michaelmora21

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
I paid around $1,200 back in June of this year to fix my air conditioner. The invoice said it was the Compressor that needed replaces and that there were some leaks from the pump.

I got a letter saying that they extended the warranty on the AC condenser, and that you can make a reimbursement claim if you paid to get it fixed after the original warranty ran out.

So I made the claim and sent the invoice and all that, and today they said that the extended warranty only covers the condenser, not the compressor. What do you guys think? I'm not a mechanic.

Is there a major difference between the two? I read that the compressor is inside the condenser on cars.

They said they will keep my claim open just in case they extend the warranty on the compressor.
Sponsored

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there a major difference between the two? I read that the compressor is inside the condenser on cars.
The compressor and condenser are two different things that work together.
The condenser is behind the bumper. You can see part of it if you look through the opening at the bottom of your bumper.
Honda Civic 10th gen A/C Condenser extended warranty won't cover the Compressor EE1EF559-DF6B-4A04-BB54-1787251C8497

The compressor is under the hood and is driven by a belt.