Catwmn

First Name
Cathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
My 2016 A/C compressor was leaking and only cold air was blowing on the passenger side. The car has only 21,993 miles. $1800 for the repair at the dealership. The condenser is covered under the 10 year warranty but not the compressor. I don't understand why, after reading so many complaints about these A/C units, there isn't a recall on the compressor as well? This is crazy. After strongly "negotiating" with the dealership (and I called Honda America and started a case too), the dealership reduced the bill significantly which I appreciated very much (the guys were great).
Sponsored

NIco_li

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R FK8
Country flag
My A/C compressor is leaking too, same to you cold air only blowing on the passenger side. my CTR is 2018 only 5k miles.fortunately my car still in warranty , im still wating for the parts

Shtumpa

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
How bad was the leak?

I recharged mine after it stopped working about a month ago and it’s still going strong. Don’t rush to repair unless they cover it completely under warranty. Especially because it seems from forum people have had repeat leaks after repairs. (“Repair” = Garbage out, garbage in, repeat?)
Sponsored