A/C Blowing Hot

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
My 2019 with just shy of 13,000 miles no longer has A/C. I had it off for a couple days because the weather was so nice. Yesterday it got humid again so I turned on the A/C and was greeted to hot air. I tried it a few more times as well as a few times today. No change. Trying to book a service appointment but can't seem to get in tomorrow.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DeVo

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
was told there was likely air in the line from factory. this may have caused contamination in the compressor. they will take the compressor apart tomorrow and decide if the whole system needs to be replaced..

late camaro

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Nova SS, 01 S2000, 15 Camaro SS/1LE, 18 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
was told there was likely air in the line from factory. this may have caused contamination in the compressor. they will take the compressor apart tomorrow and decide if the whole system needs to be replaced..
I had a very slow condenser leak in my 18, Marysville Honda replaced the condenser under warranty. The R uses a different condenser than the other Civics, that were on back-order at the dealership.

OP
OP
DeVo

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
I had a very slow condenser leak in my 18, Marysville Honda replaced the condenser under warranty. The R uses a different condenser than the other Civics, that were on back-order at the dealership.
they told me the condenser looked alright. I don't know much about A/C systems.

kalvin126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Try recharging/refilling the system? I brought in my ST and they did a full evacuation and re-filled coolant. The AC blow so cold again.

OP
OP
DeVo

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
Try recharging/refilling the system? I brought in my ST and they did a full evacuation and re-filled coolant. The AC blow so cold again.
they drained all the old freon and refilled it. they use a machine does the process. they said it was still blowing hot in the cabin

bunbao

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
they drained all the old freon and refilled it. they use a machine does the process. they said it was still blowing hot in the cabin
IT happened to me and i was not happy. car was at about 23k miles, 2.5 yrs old. they did a recharge of the freon and shoved me away saying they couldnt find anything wrong with it. i went to another honda dealer, they found a leak in the evaporator. they replaced it under warranty. they told me it would have costs me over $2000 to have it repair without warranty.

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
This happened to me with less than 1,000 miles on the car. The A/C magically re-appeared 24 hours later, but it was a nice reminder that Honda isn't quite what they used to be. I have had intermittent issues since and have not taken it in because the problem rectified itself prior to shop availability.

The A/C issues of this generation's Civic are well-known and unfortunately not genuinely fixable as the system itself is a poor design. The new emissions standards (from what I understand) caused Honda to move to a crappier coolant, and it has caused a litany of cascade issues with their A/C system due to its inefficacy. Combine this with a suboptimal housing of the system itself, and you have a recipe for a class action lawsuit... which some are seeking at this very moment.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Mine blew hot. Mine was a failed condenser. Several known issue threads about AC system on these 10th gen models. Mine happened at 18mo/30K miles.

OP
OP
DeVo

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
They ended up replacing the compressor, coils and clutch, expansion valve, and dryer. Overall a pretty big job. But, A/C is cold again
Sponsored