9th Gen CTR vs RS3 vs M3

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Think the CTR is underpowered? Here's how it does against the 360 HP RS3 and 425 HP M3.

Old video but gives you a good idea of how chassis, weight and suspension are a huge part of the performance package.
Sponsored

RSXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 RSX
And to all the haters saying how the Type R is some kind of ringer on the Nurburgring because it was somehow developed just to achieve the best lap time possible, this goes to shows you how effective the Type R is even away from the Nurburging.

Tegster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra (Tafetta White)
So it can beat an M4 on both this short track and a long one like the Nurburgring. :headbang::dance:

OP
OP

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
To be fair, the Germans tune their high performance models for compliance over a variety of roads other than track. I'm willing to bet the CTR is the most uncomfortable/uncompromising of the three.

BigBang09

nsbryant09
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Former: 2004 Mustang V6, 2008 Civic LX)
To be fair, the Germans tune their high performance models for compliance over a variety of roads other than track. I'm willing to bet the CTR is the most uncomfortable/uncompromising of the three.
Perfectly possible. Veering off-track momentarily here, I was mentioning to a couple of coworkers today the new Viper ACR's track records even beating the likes of the McLaren P1 and Porsche 918, and they had a similar counter.

My response: as long as it's tolerable enough, I wouldn't care. Knowing my "lowly" car is faster makes up for any compromises in creature comforts. :thumbsup:

VincentVega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2012 Honda NC700X | 2002 Honda S2000 | 1992 Honda Civic VX
Perfectly possible. Veering off-track momentarily here, I was mentioning to a couple of coworkers today the new Viper ACR's track records even beating the likes of the McLaren P1 and Porsche 918, and they had a similar counter.

My response: as long as it's tolerable enough, I wouldn't care. Knowing my "lowly" car is faster makes up for any compromises in creature comforts. :thumbsup:
Agreed with their statement! But so far its shaping up with the new Civic having pretty good tech inside. I'll bet or at least hope the Type R keeps all of the goodies. Always disliked that the 8th Gen Si couldn't be ordered with heated seats but the EX could.

BigBang09

nsbryant09
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Former: 2004 Mustang V6, 2008 Civic LX)
Agreed with their statement! But so far its shaping up with the new Civic having pretty good tech inside. I'll bet or at least hope the Type R keeps all of the goodies. Always disliked that the 8th Gen Si couldn't be ordered with heated seats but the EX could.
I suspect the 10th gen Type R will sacrifice some of the goodies in the name of trimming the fat and just "sportiness" in general. However, it's possible they'll have the Type R keep said goodies and then have an "RR" (Pretty sure I've seen that thrown around somewhere, either for the current 9th gen or an older one) be the more hardcore one, akin to a base Viper vs the Viper ACR.

VincentVega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2012 Honda NC700X | 2002 Honda S2000 | 1992 Honda Civic VX
I suspect the 10th gen Type R will sacrifice some of the goodies in the name of trimming the fat and just "sportiness" in general. However, it's possible they'll have the Type R keep said goodies and then have an "RR" (Pretty sure I've seen that thrown around somewhere, either for the current 9th gen or an older one) be the more hardcore one, akin to a base Viper vs the Viper ACR.
Yeah that's what I'm hoping. The U.K. 9th gen has a Type R GT that does just that.

Tegster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra (Tafetta White)
However, it's possible they'll have the Type R keep said goodies and then have an "RR" (Pretty sure I've seen that thrown around somewhere, either for the current 9th gen or an older one) be the more hardcore one, akin to a base Viper vs the Viper ACR.
Definitely hoping for something like this to happen. It not only gives owners the option to buy a more "premium" option or a more hardcore "barebones" version, but it also keeps the buzz up about the car - by releasing the hardcore version later after the standard spec'd CTR launches.

Diode Dynamics

Automotive Lighting Experts
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2015 Mustang, 2015 ProCharged F-150
Country flag
The CTR is a track-focused car, the BMW M3 still has all the luxury and comfort you want while still performing at a very-high level. If you stripped the M3 down, I'm sure it would save a few hundred pounds and make the M3 a hardcore car on the track.

With that being said, the CTR is still impressive!

Nick C.

Viet_Racer

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
Country flag
The CTR is a track-focused car, the BMW M3 still has all the luxury and comfort you want while still performing at a very-high level. If you stripped the M3 down, I'm sure it would save a few hundred pounds and make the M3 a hardcore car on the track.

With that being said, the CTR is still impressive!

Nick C.
But a stripped down lighter version like the upcoming m4 GTS costs even more.

That's why the CTR really is a bargain when you consider the cars that it can compete with on the track.
Sponsored