985 Mile 2009 S2000 CR sells for $112,111

sguler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Sport Plus
Country flag
S2000 become a collectors car. good condition or restored ones' value will only increase. no manufacturer will be building similar kind of a setup anymore.

2017touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring (Black on Black); 2018 Mustang GT
Country flag
There are cars way better at the price point. At this point people buying are paying for nostalgia. I drove a properly set-up S2000 many years ago and it was great but 111K ? Yea no thanks

OP
OP
S2kx8

S2kx8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic EX, 2001, 2005, 2008 S2000's, 2020 Si
Country flag
There are cars way better at the price point. At this point people buying are paying for nostalgia. I drove a properly set-up S2000 many years ago and it was great but 111K ? Yea no thanks
Yea that may be true but, people said the exact same thing in regards to classic, Camaros, Mustangs, Cuda's, Challengers, Corvettes, Chevelles etc., etc., etc.... All of which when they became more affordable in their day to younger buyers had many examples ruined in some way or another and now they are going routinely in the high six figure arena. What seems to be the commonality between all classic cars? Originality. Unmodified, matching numbers, never wrecked, bone stock and survivor single owner cars are the trends these days. Not my take on things, it's just how the classic car market is. Most of the S2000's for example I see at car meets are highly modified many are on their 2nd or 3rd motor and have passed hands 5-6 times or have been wrecked etc. its a shame. I have been offered ridiculous sums for my S2000's and always politely tell people they are not for sale at any price. I didn't buy them as investments, I drive them as they were meant to be driven and enjoyed. Mine will go to the Honda museum when I shuffle off this mortal plain.

MisterNickG

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yea that may be true but, people said the exact same thing in regards to classic, Camaros, Mustangs, Cuda's, Challengers, Corvettes, Chevelles etc., etc., etc.... All of which when they became more affordable in their day to younger buyers had many examples ruined in some way or another and now they are going routinely in the high six figure arena. What seems to be the commonality between all classic cars? Originality. Unmodified, matching numbers, never wrecked, bone stock and survivor single owner cars are the trends these days. Not my take on things, it's just how the classic car market is. Most of the S2000's for example I see at car meets are highly modified many are on their 2nd or 3rd motor and have passed hands 5-6 times or have been wrecked etc. its a shame. I have been offered ridiculous sums for my S2000's and always politely tell people they are not for sale at any price. I didn't buy them as investments, I drive them as they were meant to be driven and enjoyed. Mine will go to the Honda museum when I shuffle off this mortal plain.
True that. When I had my '05 AP2 it was modified moderately by me, I was the 4th or 5th owner, and it was in an unreported accident which caused the driver side rear suspension geometry to be out of wack.
Sponsored