V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
Higher octane does not equal "cleaner" fuel. For cleaner fuel you would be better off referring to top tier brand gas.

Unless the OP is running a tune that could take advantage and up timing, using 93 is just wasting money.
Of course i have a tune that the minimal recommendation is 91 octane, in costco or Sam's the advantage is access to higher octane with good price, I can get 93 for the price of 87 in other gas stations.
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Of course i have a tune that the minimal recommendation is 91 octane, in costco or Sam's the advantage is access to higher octane with good price, I can get 93 for the price of 87 in other gas stations.
Get the one from costco as they are included in the top tier list.

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Higher octane does not equal "cleaner" fuel. For cleaner fuel you would be better off referring to top tier brand gas.

Unless the OP is running a tune that could take advantage and up timing, using 93 is just wasting money.
Wasting money when 93 is cheaper then 87?

Better octane , the fuel is more stable for the motor and they are most premium fuel.

In typical combustion processes, some of the hydrocarbons escape the cylinder unburned, yielding volatile organic compounds. Also, some of the carbondoes not fully oxidize, which produces carbon monoxide (CO). Premium fuel will help to reduce the unburn fuel and depot on it.

You have an good video here :

Honda Civic 10th gen 93 octane? Screenshot_20210624-105337_Chrome

Last edited:

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Get ktuner for 2.0na

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wasting money when 93 is cheaper then 87?

Better octane , the fuel is more stable for the motor and they are most premium fuel.

In typical combustion processes, some of the hydrocarbons escape the cylinder unburned, yielding volatile organic compounds. Also, some of the carbondoes not fully oxidize, which produces carbon monoxide (CO). Premium fuel will help to reduce the unburn fuel and depot on it.

You have an good video here :

Screenshot_20210624-105337_Chrome.jpg
facepalm... Re-read my post...

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
facepalm... Re-read my post...
You commented on my post first. Nice trolling attempt.

93 that is "cheaper" but not of a top tier brand does not mean it is "cleaner" than 87 of a top tier brand gas.

Sam's is not top tier brand gas. smh...

You also quoted the most generic and basic " In typical combustion processes" but also leave out the other half.

If the car is not tuned to take advantage of that higher octane then that actually is wasting money.

Good bye troll.