93 octane availability in southeast

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The stations I tried this morning had 87 only, no 93. I kind of thought this might happen as supply came back on line, that regular would be the priority. Anyway, I’m on a 93 only tune so trying to figure out if this is something that will get resolved in the next few days or if it is likely to stretch longer. The internet is not being helpful. I think this shortage would primarily be impacting the Carolinas, Georgia, and Virginia.

Does anyone know when the 93 will be back on line? Is it just the five stations that I stopped at this morning? Thanks.
Sponsored

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The stations I tried this morning had 87 only, no 93. I kind of thought this might happen as supply came back on line, that regular would be the priority. Anyway, I’m on a 93 only tune so trying to figure out if this is something that will get resolved in the next few days or if it is likely to stretch longer. The internet is not being helpful. I think this shortage would primarily be impacting the Carolinas, Georgia, and Virginia.

Does anyone know when the 93 will be back on line? Is it just the five stations that I stopped at this morning? Thanks.
Yeah same problem here I live in Nc I have a Hondata tune on my 16 Ext 1.5 Turbo, been tuned for approx. 4 years now ALWAYS run 93 pump gas as recommended by Hondata no 93 yet as even any gas is hard to find as pipeline slowly coming back on line still have a half tank of 93 left went and bought Vp octane booster just in case.....However I am new to this additive scene and don't want to brick my motor which has just turned 50,000 2 days ago been babied for 5 years now, booster claims to raise octane by 7 points with 10 gals 87. True-False really don't know, but any input from the bright minds on our site would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks Ghost

Chaucer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If it were me and I had no access to E85 I’d just flash it back to the stock tune and drive it gently for the next few days until 93 is available again.

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If it were me and I had no access to E85 I’d just flash it back to the stock tune and drive it gently for the next few days until 93 is available again.
Thanks for the advice wish it was as easy as that, Hondata tune was in Va at a shop I dealt with so for me not in the cards right now still hoping some Guru here knows more about booster I purchased Thanks

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I’m in Georgia about 30 miles east of Atlanta and was able to fill up this morning with 93. Stopped yesterday and there was nothing. The attendant said they had two trucks at around midnight. One was full of regular and the other was half 89 and half 93. Looks like things are trickling back to normal.
Try using an app like GasBuddy to monitor the stations near you. Good luck, it’s definitely a weird feeling not to be able to get gas!

OP
OP
WOPSiWOT

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m in Georgia about 30 miles east of Atlanta and was able to fill up this morning with 93. Stopped yesterday and there was nothing. The attendant said they had two trucks at around midnight. One was full of regular and the other was half 89 and half 93. Looks like things are trickling back to normal.
Try using an app like GasBuddy to monitor the stations near you. Good luck, it’s definitely a weird feeling not to be able to get gas!
I was able to find a station that has it, but it is definitely harder find than 87 right now. I’ve got enough to make itthrough the week now, so hopefully next weekend it will be back to normal.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
You’ll get your 93 again soon. But it is concerning that this may happen again. May not be a bad idea to get a beater that runs on 87

OP
OP
WOPSiWOT

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was able to find a station that has it, but it is definitely harder find than 87 right now. I’ve got enough to make itthrough the week now, so hopefully next weekend it will be back to normal.
Haven’t been able to find 93 the past two days, including at the station I found it at on Saturday. Seems like 87 is back but 93 is scarce here in Columbia, South Carolina.
Sponsored