9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, Ive searched but I have not found exactly an answer to my question. So, with these headunits, do we loose anything we may need as far as car information, like TMPS, oil life....just car info that we can monitor or access through our stock units.
If you have an lx or sport with tiny non touch screen. I can say I have not lost anything but have gained a lot with the new head unit. If I already had a touch screen unit I would probably leave it stock. If your on an amplified unit like the ones on the touring you would have to rewire a lot of cabling to make it work.
Sponsored

Metalslug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback ex
Country flag
If you have an lx or sport with tiny non touch screen. I can say I have not lost anything but have gained a lot with the new head unit. If I already had a touch screen unit I would probably leave it stock. If your on an amplified unit like the ones on the touring you would have to rewire a lot of cabling to make it work.
I hear ya, like my issue is, my stock EX radio has that beeping problem that sends you back to home. Its damn annoying. I'm willing to swap it out, but would I loose important car information like resets and such for car systems.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hear ya, like my issue is, my stock EX radio has that beeping problem that sends you back to home. Its damn annoying. I'm willing to swap it out, but would I loose important car information like resets and such for car systems.
I see unfortunately I have no experience with the higher end stock touch screen unit maybe someone can chime in on it. All the lx functions are done on the gauge area. Tpms has a separate button as well.

Metalslug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback ex
Country flag
I see unfortunately I have no experience with the higher end stock touch screen unit maybe someone can chime in on it. All the lx functions are done on the gauge area. Tpms has a separate button as well.
Oh ok, yeah, as far as I can see on my 2017 EX, the TMPS is done there on the touch. But this damn radio can get on my last nerve...lol

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This was the one I bought. 3 pole opened end
https://www.amazon.com/Fancasee-Rep...d=1&keywords=mic+cable+3+pole+open+end&sr=8-9

Cabling
Mic side White > car side 22 blue
Mic side Red > car side 23 pink
Mic side Black > car side 6 grey

53C4D6D3-4E71-4307-9AE5-B5A210117AFD.png
3C2A7361-F01F-45AB-8109-90DBA05AD9CA.jpeg
Referring to my old mic tap post. So the last month I had been noticing my mic had terrible sound when I go through a tunnel or driving at night. Everyone I talk to when driving at night said I sound terrible like bumble bees were attacking me. So I grabbed two phones and found out I am getting tons of feedback when I turn on the headlights. My guess is I need to solder the mic cable directly to the stock wiring and place shielding. Since my wire taps are big pieces of metal inside with not much shielding. Instead of doing this I finally gave up on the built in mic for the car and used the supplied mic. Just wanted to report In case others have issues.

placed my mic here
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 6FFE7ACC-5E7B-4616-BD35-64FDB0633340

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
Referring to my old mic tap post. So the last month I had been noticing my mic had terrible sound when I go through a tunnel or driving at night. Everyone I talk to when driving at night said I sound terrible like bumble bees were attacking me. So I grabbed two phones and found out I am getting tons of feedback when I turn on the headlights. My guess is I need to solder the mic cable directly to the stock wiring and place shielding. Since my wire taps are big pieces of metal inside with not much shielding. Instead of doing this I finally gave up on the built in mic for the car and used the supplied mic. Just wanted to report In case others have issues.

placed my mic here
6FFE7ACC-5E7B-4616-BD35-64FDB0633340.jpeg
So how does it work down there.....? I have mine up by the convenience light, but my parents have a hard time hearing me. Did you test it there versus up high....? If so, I assume it is better down there...? Let me know...I might move mine.

Did you ever replace the crappy reverse camera....? If not, does it always default to Fish Eye view....?

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So how does it work down there.....? I have mine up by the convenience light, but my parents have a hard time hearing me. Did you test it there versus up high....? If so, I assume it is better down there...? Let me know...I might move mine.

Did you ever replace the crappy reverse camera....? If not, does it always default to Fish Eye view....?
so far no one has complained about not being able to hear me night or day. I called myself on a separate phone and it was fine. I haven’t changed the backup cam it works fine for me. but mines defaults to whichever view is set. But it does seem to set it to whatever I chose it on. Now that I think about it. I wonder if it has anything to do with manual or CVT as I did no wiring mod to make my backup cam work. I think you had to rewire something on yours for your manual.

Last edited:

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
so far no one has complained about not being able to hear me night or day. I called myself on a separate phone and it was fine. I haven’t changed the backup cam it works fine for me. but mines defaults to whichever view is set. But it does seem to set it to whatever I chose it on. Now that I think about it. I wonder if it has anything to do with manual or CVT as I did no wiring mod to make my backup cam work. I think you had to rewire something on yours for your manual.

Yeah....got the manual here and it won't keep the view. Each time it defaults back to fisheye. Yours looks a bit less pixelated as mine too. In the dark mine sucks! Great video btw. Thanks!

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah....got the manual here and it won't keep the view. Each time it defaults back to fisheye. Yours looks a bit less pixelated as mine too. In the dark mine sucks! Great video btw. Thanks!
I can only guess with the manual something is triggering it to reset the view. Either software related or there is some switch wire that holds the setting. Just my thoughts on it.

HaxForNox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback sport
Country flag
after a couple days, navifly finally responded with a firmware update, that does nothing but error out..... trying to get back in touch with them but they offer almost no instructions on how to actually install it except to shove it all on a flashdrive.

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2011 Mazda 3
Country flag
So I just installed the M600 from
Natifly .. everything works ok ( back up camera, CarPlay, Bluetooth.)EXCEPT the SWC... I tried to set them up and I can’t .. Did I connect something wrong ? It’s a 2016 LX.. not much cables to mess with in the first place ..

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I just installed the M600 from
Natifly .. everything works ok ( back up camera, CarPlay, Bluetooth.)EXCEPT the SWC... I tried to set them up and I can’t .. Did I connect something wrong ? It’s a 2016 LX.. not much cables to mess with in the first place ..
I know Naldy had to change the vehicle type to something else because he had the PX6 version of the radio. I assume SWC is steering wheel controls....so you are talking about the Canbus....? It's way back in the thread...search in his posts.

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2011 Mazda 3
Country flag
I know Naldy had to change the vehicle type to something else because he had the PX6 version of the radio. I assume SWC is steering wheel controls....so you are talking about the Canbus....? It's way back in the thread...search in his posts.
Thanks,
I been looking and the most I’ve seen in the thread is swapping out the canbus and it still didn’t work .. I’ve read out for AliExpress but if they don’t fix imma have to get a metra adapter and make it work ?

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks,
I been looking and the most I’ve seen in the thread is swapping out the canbus and it still didn’t work .. I’ve read out for AliExpress but if they don’t fix imma have to get a metra adapter and make it work ?
He changed the CANBUS Protocol settings....see below.

Turns out I had the wrong CANBUS protocol selected. You have to use "Raise CRIDER", not "Simple/Rasie Civic/CRV". This also fixed the instrument cluster clock issue

That officially solves absolutely every single thing wrong with my PX6. I can finally go to sleep happy tonight lol

btycda36

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
A few of times now, my Navifly m400 screen won't turn on. I start the car, the side control buttons light up, the radio plays fine, steering controls work, and if I touch the screen the station changes so I know It's working just the screen is black. I've tried the reset button and powering the unit off and on with no luck. Then the next time I start the car it works fine. Wondering if I just have a faulty unit? Happening to anyone else?
Sponsored