9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
I wonder if this version will have wireless carplay because when I messaged Navifly on Aliexpress, they said the M200,M400 were replaced with the C500, C600 respectively. And the description of those units only stated built in Carplay and not wireless like the M400
Navifly is now offering the M500, which is basically the M400 with a better CPU(?)...but not sure. It does come with Wireless Carplay and a built in cooling fan.....and 5Ghz Wifi connections. You can add a USB to HDMI dongle for remote video play....not sure we couldnt do the same with the right drivers. Says resolution is now 1280x720.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001128175941.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.4729bc99rz3nM0

Cost for M500: $236 + $24 DHL shipping = $260....still the best bang for the buck!
Cost for M600: $280 + $24 DHL shipping = $304....excellent cost for the upgra
Sponsored

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For anyone who is using Wireless Carplay, I had been looking for a Wireless Charger for the iPhone SE 2020, and I found a few. Most of the full length ones were $50 - $100 and I didn't want to spend that much, nor leave my phone sideways in the cubby. So I looked for another one that would allow my iPhone to lay down more vertically, and only take up 1/2 of the available space. Below see a pic of the charger, with a Mint Case for sizing reference. I push the charger as far back as it will go, and connect it to a super small dual USB cigarette lighter plug below. This allows the iPhone to sit slightly elevated and stay in place due to the lower lip and the grip of the charger. My drive home is about 25 mins, and I am getting about 15% charge back on the phone and that is while using carplay.

The price is $20, but you get two of them. I put one in my office and the other in the car.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BFH5VS1/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Either way...figured I would share my finding....I love it...! Works amazing and no wires needing connection around my 6 speed stick or my cup holder.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1611252686662

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
not sure if already discussed or not, but how do I completely turn off wireless carplay on navifly HUs? takes too long to connect wirelessly I want simple wired connection

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
not sure if already discussed or not, but how do I completely turn off wireless carplay on navifly HUs? takes too long to connect wirelessly I want simple wired connection
Hmmmm. I can only connect via wireless....so not sure. I get no CarPlay from the wired usb.
My CarPlay connects normally in about 10-15 seconds. Did u setup a Manual Ip and disabled the gateway?

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've never connected carplay via wired connection either. If you want to not connect wirelessly, can't you just disable the headunit's hotspot?

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've never connected carplay via wired connection either. If you want to not connect wirelessly, can't you just disable the headunit's hotspot?
No, because my Tlink software only shows a wireless option. And I have heard that people that reinstalled it, broke it for good. AND I love not having to take it out of the holder every time.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey guys I’m back.

So I’ve been having an issue with my Navifly unit and it’s been happening for quite a while.

about a month after getting my unit I noticed that there was some serious lag between steering wheel controls and the head unit. way more than there should’ve been. I figured it was an issue with the canbus decoder so i got it replaced by navifly for $5.

things worked fine for a while but now it’s acting up again. works fine some days then other days it’s like a 5-8 second lag when changing songs for example.

Anyone have any ideas on what’s causing this? if both canbus decoders are showing the same problem i’m starting to think it might be a problem with the head unit or wiring. but i’m stumped

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey guys I’m back.

So I’ve been having an issue with my Navifly unit and it’s been happening for quite a while.

about a month after getting my unit I noticed that there was some serious lag between steering wheel controls and the head unit. way more than there should’ve been. I figured it was an issue with the canbus decoder so i got it replaced by navifly for $5.

things worked fine for a while but now it’s acting up again. works fine some days then other days it’s like a 5-8 second lag when changing songs for example.

Anyone have any ideas on what’s causing this? if both canbus decoders are showing the same problem i’m starting to think it might be a problem with the head unit or wiring. but i’m stumped
You have the PX6 unit, so probably can't help. They might swap it out for the new PX6 unit, if u complain nicely and often! ??

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey guys I’m back.

and that is the reason I decided not to buy cheap android devices anymore :) I thought about buying m400 for my wife's rogue sport, but decided to get jvc double din, $60 more, but I know for sure it works, and works well... I might sell my m400 off my civic as well

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You have the PX6 unit, so probably can't help. They might swap it out for the new PX6 unit, if u complain nicely and often! ??
oh i’ve been blowing up their customer service line consistently for months at this point

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
and that is the reason I decided not to buy cheap android devices anymore :) I thought about buying m400 for my wife's rogue sport, but decided to get jvc double din, $60 more, but I know for sure it works, and works well... I might sell my m400 off my civic as well
i had a pioneer dmh 2660nex before this. and honestly i didn’t like it nearly as much as these android units. tbh my joying PX6 was perfect it just didn’t have buttons on the side. wish i just kept that instead of “upgrading” to the navifly model.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i had a pioneer dmh 2660nex before this. and honestly i didn’t like it nearly as much as these android units. tbh my joying PX6 was perfect it just didn’t have buttons on the side. wish i just kept that instead of “upgrading” to the navifly model.
Sucks! I've got nothin but love for my M400. Compared to the 5" crap I had, this is a dream to use everyday

xoextreme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX
Country flag
Installed the 7862 today, works flawlessly, completely plug and play. My only issue is i can’t get the radio to work. Idk where to put the blue wire I took it out of the green adapter because that doesn’t fit anything but I have zero idea where to put it, I think it’s the only reason I have no radio. Also I remember reading somewhere in this thread that you can make it use the internet from your phone without having a hotspot set up, anyone know how to do this? The settings look all the same as the m400

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Installed the 7862 today, works flawlessly, completely plug and play. My only issue is i can’t get the radio to work. Idk where to put the blue wire I took it out of the green adapter because that doesn’t fit anything but I have zero idea where to put it, I think it’s the only reason I have no radio. Also I remember reading somewhere in this thread that you can make it use the internet from your phone without having a hotspot set up, anyone know how to do this? The settings look all the same as the m400
Believe the info is back a few pages for the same issue on the M400, but the blue wire goes to the Antenna pin on the black connector see pic below....I believe it is just 12v though, so I think ACC connection should work. Can use a T-tap connector. Get me a Pinout of that connector and I can verify for you
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1611804513947

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Show us some photos and videos of it in action
Sponsored