9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1Y

I don't have wired....only wireless. But here are some tips that help me....I know you probably already know all of this.

1. Bluetooth must be on....and connected to M400
2. WIFI must connect to the radio and then bluetooth disconnects for me.
3. To eliminate the huge delay.....it is mandatory to set the iPhone(or Android) to have a fixed IP address with NO Gateway set. Without this setup...it was so slow, because it had to disconnect the WIFI and then reconnect to the radio. Giving it a fixed IP means it did not have to take the time to negotiate for it. I put instructions modified from Naldy on how to do this.

Also I pull down from the top of the screen and do a RESET once every few weeks to keep the memory clean. This almost always clears any issue.
I believe caldersm44 addresses the lag on a previous post.
Sponsored

Last edited:

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure if this is it but caldersm44 attached this on page 72. It’s the tlink app. When another person happen to delete their app.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How is the sound of this sub? Im very interested, Looking into purchasing this with some speakers to tie in this whole system
I am using something similar but taps into the rear speakers since it uses a built in loc and sounds great for extra bass. It’s not going to be as loud as a large sub. But it’s enough for me and also does not take up any of my much needed trunk space or when I need to fold down the seats. There are two models now I would go for the hs10 as the hs8 kicker is now the old one.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/kicker-hideaway-install.25507/

btycda36

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I am using something similar but taps into the rear speakers since it uses a built in loc and sounds great for extra bass. It’s not going to be as loud as a large sub. But it’s enough for me and also does not take up any of my much needed trunk space or when I need to fold down the seats. There are two models now I would go for the hs10 as the hs8 kicker is now the old one.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/kicker-hideaway-install.25507/
Yup, what he said! :)

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
So far, my Android 9in unit is working well. I got it on open box deal from Amazon for like $85 and a gift card from work made it free, so I can’t complain too much. It’s better than the stock LX/Sport unit by a mile.

629ACF50-06F5-45F4-805A-13E028D68665.jpeg
Which brand is this?

xoextreme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX
Country flag
This one looks like the same one. From previous post may not be Navifly just rebranded as mekede. Lots of these brands I’m sure are buying from one vendor and just putting their name on it. But my unit no where labels navifly on mine. So they look pretty identical. But can’t make any promises as most of us just took a chance. But if someone does purchase it can report back and I’m sure one of us with the navifly m400 can confirm if it is the same. $192 instead of $400-600 from Amazon. Of course though you will get better return policy.
put my order in, hopefully it’s basically the same thing and an easy plug and play install

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
I actually just solved that issue too, I have to connect to the headunit bluetooth instead of carplay to stop the echo a weird qwerk but it works now?
So making calls thru direct BT and not CarPlay make the call quality better? Might have to try that.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This one looks like the same one. From previous post may not be Navifly just rebranded as mekede. Lots of these brands I’m sure are buying from one vendor and just putting their name on it. But my unit no where labels navifly on mine. So they look pretty identical. But can’t make any promises as most of us just took a chance. But if someone does purchase it can report back and I’m sure one of us with the navifly m400 can confirm if it is the same. $192 instead of $400-600 from Amazon. Of course though you will get better return policy.
Mekede was the original unit that Navifly relabeled to the M400 according to the main Russian website

milhousesdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport hatch
Country flag
I have the Navifly headunit, is it possible to use the phone mic? Everyone I talk to says I sound far away and it seems delayed and muffled

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have the Navifly headunit, is it possible to use the phone mic? Everyone I talk to says I sound far away and it seems delayed and muffled
I don't think you can use the mic and the speakers from the radio simultaneously. User Multaq said that the echoing sound goes away if you use the radio to make calls over Bluetooth, instead of car play. Also....I routed and mounted their mic that they ship with the radio, up across the windshield to where the rearview mirror is....and then I dropped the center light down and routed that mic underneath and came out right at the edge. This way the mic is right near my head. I have actually turned the mic portion towards my head, and now my wife said that my calls are much much clearer.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1610462664597

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1610462676802

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does anyone know if Polk Db652 speakers will work with the Navifly M400 without issues? Im looking to get those and an under seat sub
I bought the JBL 628X and they would not work with the M400. The had a crossover cap built into the speakers, and my guess is that the output did not like it. It would just stop all audio with both plugged in. Just for reference

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This makes me nervous to spend the money on speakers now.. But i really want to overhall the entire sound system
Well....I got mine from Amazon and was able to return them easily. So I would say go for it, so u can let me know if they work! ??. And get them from somewhere returnable.

One of the best sound enhancements that I did was to add sound deadening to the doors...HUGE Bass improvement!! Completely removed the rattle from the stock speakers. Also I used the Equalizer to throw the bass only to the rear speakers and put the mids and highs upfront. Sounds so good that I just opted not to try to add any new speakers. I believe I have pics and links way back in the 60-70 pages of this thread. It was so easy and I hardly had to cut them....I just went for an 85-90 coverage. The doors sound like a BWM when u close them. Is like $20 per two doors from Amazon and it takes about 45 mins per door from start to finish.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1610499944382

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1610499991848

xoextreme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX
Country flag
So they no longer make the M400 they make something new. I ordered the M400 off of Alibaba through Mekede and they messaged me telling me they no longer make it and instead are offering me the 7862 4G+64G model. I am going asking to make sure it will still fit the car, if it does I'll post back here with the results.

E: It fits, so I will post back once I receive it and hopefully install it stress free.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 2d343d4897c50ec727b8463b54fee4d2
Sponsored

Last edited: