9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

exCat

First Name
Istvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.0T Elegance
Country flag
Is it true that the factory tire pressure monitor does not work after replacement?

I put in a Dasaita PX6 unit 1 month ago and now I am changing the tire. I searched for the tire pressure reset option but couldn't find it.

I inquired and got the answer that it might not even work after the head replacement, but I don’t understand why. ... and is that really true?
Sponsored

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Is it true that the factory tire pressure monitor does not work after replacement?

I put in a Dasaita PX6 unit 1 month ago and now I am changing the tire. I searched for the tire pressure reset option but couldn't find it.

I inquired and got the answer that it might not even work after the head replacement, but I don’t understand why. ... and is that really true?
It should've moved the TPMS reset function into your instrument cluster on your dash. Go to Vehicle Settings, and it should be in there

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad we have a great community helping each other out. We have really become our own support for this unit as the vendor is not that helpful. My questions weren’t answered by navifly had to troubleshoot myself and ask questions here. But have been enjoying the unit. Thanks naldy and caldersm44 on the support and assistance when I was buying my navifly.

Naldy haven’t noticed any lag from the steering controls but will let you know if I see anything odd as I use this more. So far mainly using for music and phone calls in my daily commute no lag on the buttons. Maybe I’m rebooting mine too often as I set my sleep for 2 hours (refreshing itself more) maybe I should set it for the day.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Glad we have a great community helping each other out. We have really become our own support for this unit as the vendor is not that helpful. My questions weren’t answered by navifly had to troubleshoot myself and ask questions here. But have been enjoying the unit. Thanks naldy and caldersm44 on the support and assistance when I was buying my navifly.

Naldy haven’t noticed any lag from the steering controls but will let you know if I see anything odd as I use this more. So far mainly using for music and phone calls in my daily commute no lag on the buttons. Maybe I’m rebooting mine too often as I set my sleep for 2 hours (refreshing itself more) maybe I should set it for the day.
I worked as a tech support guy for 5 years before going to architecture school. i guess it shows haha

glad i could be of help ??

do you just use the little reset button on the top left of your unit? Mine needs to be restarted completely once every couple weeks, but i never have anything on me small enough to hit reset. and i can’t find a way to do a total reboot through the software

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I worked as a tech support guy for 5 years before going to architecture school. i guess it shows haha

do you just use the little reset button on the top left of your unit? Mine needs to be restarted completely once every couple weeks, but i never have anything on me small enough to hit reset. and i can’t find a way to do a total reboot through the software
Never used the reset. (Scared of that button) My unit is set to only sleeping for 2 hours after that next time I turn on my car it does a full boot instead of sleep. My default was set for the day / 24hours. But changed it to after 2 hours.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I didn't start my car for over 2 weeks now... lol let's see how works after a long pause

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
Yea man i was afraid i wasn't gonna be able to use it tbh. On my old atoto radio the apple carplay audio would cut out a lot because the stock usb port has usb 2.0 speeds (slow). I was thinking of doing a usb 3.0 replacement mod on this one so it transfers high data speeds, but as long as the wireless apple carplay is flawless, hopefully i wont have to do that mod.
I am using the stock USB port with the M400 with no issues and it appears at 3.0 speeds, but I cant get Wired Carplay to work at all. My Tlink application only shows one option and that is Wireless...which is flawless and fluid, so I have not pursued it much. But I do use the stock USB for charging and for USB Flash drives.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
lol i feel like i’m just always running into problems. anyone having problems with their steering wheel controls? mine was working fine until today where there’s a serious amount of lag between my steering wheel input and my unit. for example the buttons on the actual unit are totally fine. but if i hit VOL+ on my steering wheel it takes a whole 3-4 seconds to register
I only had one issue one time, and my steering wheel buttons didn't work, but it was because I started to change the Model Car Type and then backed out mid way through. Apparently it did not like that, so I changed the model and went all the way thru the process, and then no more issues.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Not sure if this is a full reset or not.....but I will drag my finger down from the top and it draws down an Android menu....and I will do a Clear Memory and when that is done, I will do a RESET....and that does a full reboot on mine. I am not in my car, or I will take a pic. Does that not work a full reset in yours...?

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
update: contacted navifly about the weird steering wheel control lag, they’re sending me a new canbus for $5. better than nothing

also for those wondering, the little reset button doesn’t do a full factory reset. on mine, pressing it once does a soft reboot (no logo). and holding it for 10-15 seconds does a hard reboot (logo and boot splash screen)

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know this thread is HUGE, and I debated making a Navifly M200 thread, but I wanted to thank @caldersm44 for his post back on Page 71. I quoted it below, because it's very important to get wireless carplay working flawlessly.

Firstly, I bought a M200 on 11/11 (Chinese BF) sale for ~$160 from aliexpress. I reluctantly paid the $42 DHL shipping to get it here in under 2 weeks and sure enough, it arrived 11/24.

I was surprised the unit doesn't have the metal box behind it like so many similar units. It's thin! All wires hook up to the back of the display panel. Let me say, if anyone is considering the M400 but wants to save a few bucks, the M200 does everything the M400 does, but has only 2g/32gb instead of 4/64. This is not a big deal, especially if you're just mostly running Wireless Carplay, which this unit does great!! The M200 so far has been super fast.

It's highly customizable with 4 different themes. On the theme page (aka homepage), you can set favorite apps, change their icon, and change their name. So, even though I'm using TLink for carplay, my app on my homepage says Carplay. And it just works...with my phone in my pocket! How cool is that for under 200 bucks. I have everything working for my sport hatch. Backup cam with dynamic lines, radio, USBs, built in mic, built in GPS, steering wheel controls, etc. It's awesome.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_4372.JPG

CARPLAY: I know what you are saying about Carplay....it can be a bit laggy, unless you change a setting on your phone. Naldy posted something that worked for me...so I give him credit. Took me a bit to understand this....is that when you use the Radio and connect it to your iPhone as a WIFI Hotspot, you can use the apps on the radio like Youtube, Gmail, Chrome...etc. So in that mode....the Radio connects to your iphone. When you are using Wireless Carplay.....the iPhone is connecting to the Radio WIFI. Because your iPhone thinks it is connecting to a WIFI Hotspot....it tries to use that IP connection as an Internet Connection...and there is not internet there. So we need to tell the iPhone to not try to use the radio as a Hotspot for Internet. Also because it is connecting to the Radio via WIFI....it takes time to negotiate an IP address....way too long. So...here is what works for me.

1. Turn on bluetooth and connect to the Radio.
2. Turn on your iPhone WIFI and connect to the Radio WIFI.
3. On your iPhone...settings....WI-FI....find Radio SID you connected to....and click the little i on the right. Scroll down and write down the IP Address and the Subnet Mask.
4. On the same page....Click Configure IP....select Manual. Type in the IP Address and Subnet Mask you wrote Down....BUT....leave the Router Blank.

This will force the connection at the Fixed IP address....and will connect much quicker and much more reliable.

Helpful Notes:
1. If you are connected to WIFI at your house when you are in your car.....then it is going to take a few seconds after you press TLink....to disconnect from your Home Wi-Fi Access point and connect to the Radio Hotspot for Carplay. But it is much faster with the Fixed IP.
2. It's weird....but I have to be connected to the Radio via Bluetooth first....before I hit Tlink or the iPhone won't connect to the Radio for Wireless Carplay . Normally....I am always connected to Bluetooth immediately.....so This ONLY happens if I am remote somewhere and connecting from the Internet from the iphone to the Radio....say for watching Youtube. When I need to use Carplay again....and it won't connect....I turn off the WIFI on the Radio....turn on the Bluetooth connection on the iPhone and then the iPhone will connect to the Radio. This almost never happens....because I use Carplay almost 90% of the time.
3. I believe there is another App called Zlink....and it has Wired and Wireless CarPlay....but my M400 had Tlink and it only seems to be loaded with Wireless only. I have not taken the time to download Zlink and see if I could get it to work...because Naldy said they haven't given him the access code for that application....so didn't want to waste my time and I really love Wireless Carplay now...it is fast and reliable with the above settings.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last night, I plasti-dipped the piano black frame around the head unit. Now it's flat black. Looks so much better. I'm loving this unit vs. the 5" stock stereo. It feels so much more upscale in the cabin now. Highly recommend this mod for the LX and Sport models.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_4384.JPG

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last night, I plasti-dipped the piano black frame around the head unit. Now it's flat black. Looks so much better. I'm loving this unit vs. the 5" stock stereo. It feels so much more upscale in the cabin now. Highly recommend this mod for the LX and Sport models.

IMG_4384.JPG
It looks great! Only issue I would worry about is long term use with it being touch screen. Power buttons, home, etc being close to the side. Home button and back button being used very often. Finger nails hitting the rubbery plasti dip and rubbing off and needing to re apply. But again the flat black does match better with the rest of the interior.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

IMG_4384.JPG
some of the older android units actually came like this from the factory. kind of wish this was still an option for those of us without an SI or EX and up models

Civicturboed

First Name
Yussuf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 2019
Country flag
I got my head unit the m400, but im annoyed because they didnt attach the right wires for the fm radio, super annoying to me smh im gonna contact them and see what they say
Sponsored