9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I feel you. I'm doing mobile phone repair business. I checked every possible model for our cars. When i see m400 model and Joying. Joying looks better. I ended up with it and I'm happy with it. I don't think there is really really big difference tho. Even $200 headunit which has lower specs, should be good for apple car play.
and yes i think Joying has volume knob, but that one looks bad. I was driving my friend's 2020 Rav 4 couple days ago He has LE version I believe. Headunit has CarPlay and volume knob. But he also said he is having problems with CarPlay. Since I started to use wired Carplay, no issues at all!
And I didn't like the design of that headunit. It feels cheesy ? Our headunits Full screen looks modern.
My dad has a 2019 Rav4 and my mom drives a 2019 Camry. I HATE the weird pop up head units in those cars
Been enjoying this stereo now that it’s configured at least close to how I like it. It feels like how it would feel stock now. I wanted to give a how to as I spent hours looking for the right setup. In case you guys with the navifly want the how to on the config

Some things that should be set like how it is on an lx and a sport stock.

Get yourself on WiFi to n settings. Now time to setup.

First set your vehicle

Go to settings > Car settings > extra settings > 123456

Select vehicle type

02 Raise
Honda
14 16 new civic
Public
Logo Honda

Also change your radio region while your in here

Second select your type of vehicle

Go to apps > car settings > select vehicle selection. Be sure to set to Default or civic. I notice the extra reverse cam views were not there when the wrong one was selected such as 360

Turn off right camera if you do not have it (screen will go blank when making right turns is you don’t have it.)
Go to apps > car settings uncheck right camera
Change your theme mph

Go to apps > themes > click the gear to the right hand corner change speed unit kmh to mph

Reverse cam
Set voice to mute (this will make music and phone calls still go on when going to reverse cam if not it will mute by default.)

Go to settings > Car settings > reverse settings reverse mute set to close
Set cam to have moving grid lines if you want your lines to move with the car.

Go to settings > Car settings > reverse settings Reverse trajectory open

Lastly if your play store, google chrome, google browser, you tube are not going on the internet clear the cache by going to settings apps and notifications. Select the app select storage and clear cache for each apps. This should fix your browsing.

hope this helps you guys on your navifly m400
this ^^ i’ve had to do pretty much everything on this list on my PX6 as well.

Any options you see for changing the width of the trajectory lines? mines showing up way too small
Sponsored

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unfortunately no line sizing options if you set moving lines trajectory. If you go back to standard stationary lines you can of course adjust the stationary backup lines. But not as cool as the moving one. So fighting my battle on that one I may go back to stationary

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Unfortunately no line sizing options if you set moving lines trajectory. If you go back to standard stationary lines you can of course adjust the stationary backup lines. But not as cool as the moving one. So fighting my battle on that one I may go back to stationary
Damn, i was afraid of that, oh well. Oddly enough the Joying lets you customize it pretty heavily

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn, i was afraid of that, oh well. Oddly enough the Joying lets you customize it pretty heavily
I think I went through every setting I can think of. I even selected another car like Chrysler. In the unit. It installed on star on the unit and some other odd settings the civic doesn’t have. The tpms setting did actually work and showed something about my pressure high.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
So can u set the reverse cam view permanently? I haven’t looked yet, but mine defaults to fish eye, every time I reboot or reset.

I love my M400!

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So can u set the reverse cam view permanently? I haven’t looked yet, but mine defaults to fish eye, every time I reboot or reset.

I love my M400!
thats weird mine is staying on the second cam option I choose try using default on vehicle selection as mine was set on 360 and I had no views I could choose but one it was already set to.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my internal mic to work! I bought a 3 pole cable on Amazon and it worked. Should have done that in the first place instead of trying to make my own from an Audio cable. Re run all the gps wires and cell antenna to under the gauge cluster. Love my m400. Couldn’t be happier with the purchase.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got my internal mic to work! I bought a 3 pole cable on Amazon and it worked. Should have done that in the first place instead of trying to make my own from an Audio cable. Re run all the gps wires and cell antenna to under the gauge cluster. Love my m400. Couldn’t be happier with the purchase.
Link to amazon....? Can you do a color code sketch with the cable you used. I will plan on doing that. Thanks!

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Perfect...thanks....! Btw....why didn't the green one work that you had...? Was a 3 pole with 3 wires....?
not sure, It technically “should” have worked it was 3 pole, but I tried tapping in different variations. No go. But this Amazon one does work. 2 pole one doesn’t even recognize the internal mic. I was determined to make it work glad I did.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
not sure, It technically “should” have worked it was 3 pole, but I tried tapping in different variations. No go. But this Amazon one does work. 2 pole one doesn’t even recognize the internal mic. I was determined to make it work glad I did.
Yeah....would def need to be 3 pole. Will be wiring mine on Sunday. Thanks!
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1604685547748
Sponsored