9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

GACivic19

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
1. The sound quality in my 2018 Civic Sport 6Sp Manual was greatly improved...I had the 5" non-touch stereo. Incredible radio reception. Reverse camera lines are there and Adjustable!
2. There is a setting where the radio stays on standby indefinitely....so it is very fast...5-10 secs.
3. The processor in the M400 is a SC9853i. It is faster than the PX5, but not the PX6.
4. Given that the M400 has Wireless Carplay, I personally would choose it. I like hopping in the car and leaving my phone in my holder and still having carplay. But either one is great.
5. I had no issues with Alibaba. BUT....I paid the extra for DHL shipping, and my radio arrived 3.5 days after they shipped it. Standard shipping is ALOT cheaper, but random in delivery timing.

6. I am so happy with the M400....but I am going from the crappy 5" one. It is fast and beautiful...the colors are amazing! Am a bit sad that there is nothing else to fix on it.

Just my thoughts.

p.s.....they are having a sale on Nov 11-12.....and the M400 will only be $190 I believe.

Thanks for all the answers!
Sponsored

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have sent about 30 chats to Navifly....and while they are 12 hours off from us....they always respond...so I would ask them about the settings not saving...esp MPH or Colors....as Mine is saving.
Okay I’ll give it a shot see if they answer.

mjdrama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Can I use m400 on premium audio Civic with amp? Or are there any alternatives for?

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I found the mph that I can change at least for the themes. When going to themes app to the right there is a gear for settings and was able to change to mph there. Good enough. Just one last thing I need to fix and good to go with this radio.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
I found the mph that I can change at least for the themes. When going to themes app to the right there is a gear for settings and was able to change to mph there. Good enough. Just one last thing I need to fix and good to go with this radio.
I believe that is where I did mine. I did find a weird quirk yesterday.....the MPH were ok at slow speeds, but on the highway, they were off by about 5 MPH.....let me know if yours are as well. I have not dug into it yet.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe that is where I did mine. I did find a weird quirk yesterday.....the MPH were ok at slow speeds, but on the highway, they were off by about 5 MPH.....let me know if yours are as well. I have not dug into it yet.
Same thing. My guess is it’s pulling the info via satellite. Also if you ever need to calibrate the touch screen putting all five fingers on the Main Screen holding it down will let you calibrate.

lastbluesun

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5L Hatchback LX
Country flag
Did that fix your issue with the radio reception...?
No it didn't, as I found that I don't have a port in my car for the specific harness mentioned in the wire diagram. :/ I'm kind of in limbo right now.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
No it didn't, as I found that I don't have a port in my car for the specific harness mentioned in the wire diagram. :/ I'm kind of in limbo right now.
Ok....so that is not your wiring harness you have in the picture....? Well.....let me fire up my car and see what the voltage is on the wire. If it ends up just being 12Vdc, we can have you T-tap off of an ACC line going to your radio to feed the antenna power.

Will get back with you in a day or so.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I see there are tons of the M400 lovers here. From all the threads it does seem that it is a great price and performs well. A few questions if I may ask before I jump into a purchase myself.....

I have a 2019 Civic LX, sound quality should be improved and get reverse cam lines?

How long does the system take to start up after starting the engine?

Anyone know what the 400 processor equivalent is to other common android units?

I can see the PX6 is the most current and fasted processor, but what would it actually give me for the extra money and has anyone seen and used both?

Shipping and manufacturer dealing with them on Alibaba is not problem? Have never used them before.

Anyone regret the installation or wished they had a different unit? Which one?

Thanks!
Big improvement on sound quality. and you get 4 different reverse views

the system goes into sleep mode unless disabled so it’s instant start. reboot takes 20 seconds

not sure about the processor

PX6 is built by a different manufacturer so the UI and stuff is cleaner, and i like the buttons on the side better. but honestly it doesn’t seem like there’s that much of a difference in daily use

no issues with ali, Naviflys customer service kinda sucks, Joyings was amazing

no regrets at all. my PX6 is the third unit i’ve installed in my car and i’m finally happy

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Big improvement on sound quality. and you get 4 different reverse views

the system goes into sleep mode unless disabled so it’s instant start. reboot takes 20 seconds

not sure about the processor

PX6 is built by a different manufacturer so the UI and stuff is cleaner, and i like the buttons on the side better. but honestly it doesn’t seem like there’s that much of a difference in daily use

no issues with ali, Naviflys customer service kinda sucks, Joyings was amazing

no regrets at all. my PX6 is the third unit i’ve installed in my car and i’m finally happy
How do you like it? Better than joying? I solved apple carplay connection issues using cable connection ?i mean I don't use anymore wireless carplay. Wired carplay is perfect! And i'm mostly using carplay. No need anything else. I think anyone who is planning to use carplay only, 2gb/32gb would be enough. No need to get high end version.
I'm happy with joying. Fast boot up time. No regret. Not capacitive buttons but volume knob would be great!

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How do you like it? Better than joying? I solved apple carplay connection issues using cable connection ?i mean I don't use anymore wireless carplay. Wired carplay is perfect! And i'm mostly using carplay. No need anything else. I think anyone who is planning to use carplay only, 2gb/32gb would be enough. No need to get high end version.
I'm happy with joying. Fast boot up time. No regret. Not capacitive buttons but volume knob would be great!
I could be wrong but i think Joying sells one with a volume knob. Honestly i think I liked the Joying better overall, but having those buttons really has been great. and the UI looks way nicer in my opinion

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
I could be wrong but i think Joying sells one with a volume knob. Honestly i think I liked the Joying better overall, but having those buttons really has been great. and the UI looks way nicer in my opinion
I feel you. I'm doing mobile phone repair business. I checked every possible model for our cars. When i see m400 model and Joying. Joying looks better. I ended up with it and I'm happy with it. I don't think there is really really big difference tho. Even $200 headunit which has lower specs, should be good for apple car play.
and yes i think Joying has volume knob, but that one looks bad. I was driving my friend's 2020 Rav 4 couple days ago He has LE version I believe. Headunit has CarPlay and volume knob. But he also said he is having problems with CarPlay. Since I started to use wired Carplay, no issues at all!
And I didn't like the design of that headunit. It feels cheesy ? Our headunits Full screen looks modern.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been enjoying this stereo now that it’s configured at least close to how I like it. It feels like how it would feel stock now. I wanted to give a how to as I spent hours looking for the right setup. In case you guys with the navifly want the how to on the config

Some things that should be set like how it is on an lx and a sport stock.

Get yourself on WiFi in settings. Now time to setup.

First set your vehicle

Go to settings > Car settings > extra settings > 123456

Select vehicle type

02 Raise
Honda
14 16 new civic
Public
Logo Honda

Also change your radio region while your in here

Second select your type of vehicle

Go to apps > car settings > select vehicle selection. Be sure to set to Default or civic. I notice the extra reverse cam views were not there when the wrong one was selected such as 360

Turn off right camera if you do not have it (screen will go blank when making right turns if you don’t have it.)
Go to apps > car settings uncheck right camera

Change your theme mph
Go to apps > themes > click the gear to the right hand corner change speed unit kmh to mph

Reverse cam
Set voice to mute (this will make music and phone calls still go on when going to reverse cam if not it will mute by default.)
Go to settings > Car settings > reverse settings reverse mute set to close

Set cam to have moving grid lines if you want your lines to move with the car.
Go to settings > Car settings > reverse settings Reverse trajectory open

Lastly if your play store, google chrome, google browser, you tube are not going on the internet clear the cache by going to settings apps and notifications. Select the app select storage and clear cache for each apps. This should fix your browsing.

hope this helps you guys on your navifly m400
Sponsored

Last edited: