9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
(is there supposed to be something that plugs into canbus?) I connected my m400 today and I get no boot screen no power at all, any suggestions? - Video here:
IMG_5572.JPG
Nothing on the other end of the canbus. Power to the radio come into the dark gray/black connector. Make sure it snaps into place on both ends of that cable. I don’t see your cable for the audio ones plugged into the back? Power is the black and yellow wires on the right of the plug. See pic from ur video
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1603330853289
Sponsored

Last edited:

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
(is there supposed to be something that plugs into canbus?) I connected my m400 today and I get no boot screen no power at all, any suggestions? - Video here:
IMG_5572.JPG
Do we have to hit the power button once...? Can't remember...but I didn't see you hit it.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
IMG_5572.JPG
did you disconnect your battery while installing? from the lights on your dash, maybe not?

if not, plug your stock HU back in and see if it turns on. if not, may be a blown fuse

milhousesdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport hatch
Country flag
Thanks guys ended up being a blown fuse replaced it and it's working now, Any advice for the m400? Carplay is a little confusing to me how do I use it on this unit and should I change any of the settings How do I do a factor reset it looks like I need a password? Ive tried a bunch and nothing works.

it seems the carplay is a little laggy with music, am I able to run off wired to get rid of that?

Last edited:

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Thanks guys ended up being a blown fuse replaced it and it's working now, Any advice for the m400? Carplay is a little confusing to me how do I use it on this unit and should I change any of the settings How do I do a factor reset it looks like I need a password? Ive tried a bunch and nothing works.

it seems the carplay is a little laggy with music, am I able to run off wired to get rid of that?
Try either 0000 or 126 for the password. Not sure for your other questions.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

What exactly you need help with? UI? Or finding carplay? look for ZLink or TLink and it works just like any other CarPlay. There is not much you can change in CarPlay

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

i posted the list of passwords i think 5-10 pages ago

Which version of Zlink are you on?

and lastly, yes, wired carplay should work out of the box, but may not work through your factory usb port, might need to use one in the glovebox

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Factory Reset: I have been afraid to try it....because I was worried it would reset to before they installed the Apps that work with our car....Car Settings.....AC....GPS....etc. I believe they installed these apps after the installation of the Android 10. I have not need to do a factory reset yet.

CARPLAY: I know what you are saying about Carplay....it can be a bit laggy, unless you change a setting on your phone. Naldy posted something that worked for me...so I give him credit. Took me a bit to understand this....is that when you use the Radio and connect it to your iPhone as a WIFI Hotspot, you can use the apps on the radio like Youtube, Gmail, Chrome...etc. So in that mode....the Radio connects to your iphone. When you are using Wireless Carplay.....the iPhone is connecting to the Radio WIFI. Because your iPhone thinks it is connecting to a WIFI Hotspot....it tries to use that IP connection as an Internet Connection...and there is not internet there. So we need to tell the iPhone to not try to use the radio as a Hotspot for Internet. Also because it is connecting to the Radio via WIFI....it takes time to negotiate an IP address....way too long. So...here is what works for me.

1. Turn on bluetooth and connect to the Radio.
2. Turn on your iPhone WIFI and connect to the Radio WIFI.
3. On your iPhone...settings....WI-FI....find Radio SID you connected to....and click the little i on the right. Scroll down and write down the IP Address and the Subnet Mask.
4. On the same page....Click Configure IP....select Manual. Type in the IP Address and Subnet Mask you wrote Down....BUT....leave the Router Blank.

This will force the connection at the Fixed IP address....and will connect much quicker and much more reliable.

Helpful Notes:
1. If you are connected to WIFI at your house when you are in your car.....then it is going to take a few seconds after you press TLink....to disconnect from your Home Wi-Fi Access point and connect to the Radio Hotspot for Carplay. But it is much faster with the Fixed IP.
2. It's weird....but I have to be connected to the Radio via Bluetooth first....before I hit Tlink or the iPhone won't connect to the Radio for Wireless Carplay . Normally....I am always connected to Bluetooth immediately.....so This ONLY happens if I am remote somewhere and connecting from the Internet from the iphone to the Radio....say for watching Youtube. When I need to use Carplay again....and it won't connect....I turn off the WIFI on the Radio....turn on the Bluetooth connection on the iPhone and then the iPhone will connect to the Radio. This almost never happens....because I use Carplay almost 90% of the time.
3. I believe there is another App called Zlink....and it has Wired and Wireless CarPlay....but my M400 had Tlink and it only seems to be loaded with Wireless only. I have not taken the time to download Zlink and see if I could get it to work...because Naldy said they haven't given him the access code for that application....so didn't want to waste my time and I really love Wireless Carplay now...it is fast and reliable with the above settings.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i posted the list of passwords i think 5-10 pages ago

Which version of Zlink are you on?

and lastly, yes, wired carplay should work out of the box, but may not work through your factory usb port, might need to use one in the glovebox
I have not tried to connect using the other USB in the Glovebox....will try that...thanks...!

We have Tlink and it doesn't have the 3 options in the menu....only 1....wireless Carplay. I may try to download Zlink and see if that works....if the Wired from the Glovebox doesn't work.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

On a side note....I see you have have the Si or Touring....I assume you had the 7" Touchscreen Standard Radio....does the reverse Camera work with your M400....when you put it into Reverse...?

btycda36

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Ok....great,....thanks...! Same as mine. Are you replacing the 5" non-touch or the 7" touch version radio...? If the 5" one.....let me know if your reverse camera works. The Rear Camera Detect wire is a purple wire on the 5" radio Side of the connector....and it connects above the pink wire in the above pic you sent, which you can see has no wire on the Radio End. And the Reverse Detect Wire....doesn't exist in the 5", but it does in the 7" touch version....it is a Green wire(I think)....and it goes next to it....which on the new radio harness doesn't have a wire either. So I am really interested to see if yours works.
Mine is the 5" non-touch HU. I got a response from the seller stating my RCA cable is correct so I'm hoping that the audio out L/R will work the sub woofer. Another day of day rain here so may have to wait for install tomorrow. Sunny South Florida... NOT! Anyway, they also sent these diagrams if they'll help. I'll keep you posted on my install.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) Navi 1
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) Navi 2

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mine is the 5" non-touch HU. I got a response from the seller stating my RCA cable is correct so I'm hoping that the audio out L/R will work the sub woofer. Another day of day rain here so may have to wait for install tomorrow. Sunny South Florida... NOT! Anyway, they also sent these diagrams if they'll help. I'll keep you posted on my install.
Navi 1.jpg
Navi 2.jpg
Sounds good....am anxious to see if your reverse camera works. Funny thing is that I now have 4 different drawings....two from you and two from them....and all four are different...!! LoL.....not sure they know what is what. But I do have a 20 pin connector on mine...because I snapped a picture of it. And I found this layout drawing that shows the pinout of that 20 pin connector. Since your is out....can you compare your 20 pin wiring cable that has the RCA jacks to the drawing I am attaching and see if it matches..? I show a Subwoofer connection on Pin 18...not at all for sure this is correct...but you could see if the cables match up with what you have.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1603372655427

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1603372625065

lastbluesun

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5L Hatchback LX
Country flag
I have pictures of almost all of it....because I was thinking about making an installation help file for those less electrical than us. here are a few more.....AND....two PDF files. One for the 5" radio and one for the 7" touch. If you look at the pinout for the 32 pin connectors for both of them....see pins 15 and 16. One is Detects connection for Rearview Camera...and the other is Detects Reverse Signal. My connector for the M400 has no wires for pins 15 or 16.....and my car doesn't have a pin 15....like the 7" touch connector has....and I am wondering if that is why I am not seeing the radio react to when I put it in reverse. If you had the 7" touch radio....I am wondering what your 32 pin connector looks like on both sides. If your pin 15(Reverse Signal) is being used...then I might be able to detect that with my Reverse lights. My radio just does not respond to the car going into reverse.

Possible back of unit.jpg

IMG-6499.jpg

IMG-6498.jpg

IMG-6465.jpg
Hi! So I have an Android headunit (probably not exactly the same as this but similar) and I have an issue with the FM radio. When parked it's perfectly fine, but when driving it cuts in and out pretty bad and makes it unusable. Looking at the wire diagram, and your pictures, I have a blue wire (that you can see on the right side of your picture) that has an end that doesn't connect to anything. Is that related? Has anyone encountered and fixed this issue before?

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi! So I have an Android headunit (probably not exactly the same as this but similar) and I have an issue with the FM radio. When parked it's perfectly fine, but when driving it cuts in and out pretty bad and makes it unusable. Looking at the wire diagram, and your pictures, I have a blue wire (that you can see on the right side of your picture) that has an end that doesn't connect to anything. Is that related? Has anyone encountered and fixed this issue before?
I am going to take a guess that the blue wire on mine goes to Pin 12 of the main power connector A(I don't have a good pic of the bottom of that connector...so I am guessing)....and that is the Radio Antennae Amplifier. So if that is missing...then your radio coverage would be really bad. Mine is Amazing....I get so many channels that scanning takes like 1 second....because there are so many stations this radio pulls in.

If you could give me your radio brand model....where you bought it...etc....I might be able to help you find out if this is the issue. If that is the issue, then the trick would be to find the little metal pin that you could clamp on the wire, so it fit and snapped in the connector.

Would love to know if anyone has found the crimp metal pins for those connectors..?

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1603375413881

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You might be out of luck tbh, the unit I had before my current one did the same thing. the antennae they include just aren't great
Sponsored