9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
How you get usb and hdmi under head unit work?
That is the original post that started this thread....it is old. That one only had 1 GB ram and 16 Gb Rom....the new ones have 4 Gb Ram and 64 GB Rom.

I believe the only one that has HDMI out is the new PX6 Unit that Naldy purchased. So not sure about the output port...I assume it came with a cable.

The USB either comes with a Cable or he had to buy one and it connects up the lower USB and makes it usable.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Touch assistant has its own app, you won't find it in settings.

AC pop up needs to be disabled in factory settings, it's different on yours than the 2 I've disabled it on so I'm not entirely sure where it is.

Not entirely sure on the steering wheel reprogram
Ugh....can't find the Touch Assistant App. Will look again.

Funny...I disabled it in the Factory Settings...even told it that it doesn't exist...and it still pops up with different screen now.

Not a problem with the the Steering Wheel...just thought it would be nice to have a mute right there, because their is not knob. I might just reprogram the power button the radio as Mute...because I never turn off the radio.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unplug the attached one and make a call. :)
If that works won’t have to tap into anything. Although the real test is driving on the freeway and testing the call as a lot of noise at higher speeds. If the mic is terrible then the choice would be to hook up the separate mic or tap into the cars mic.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If that works won’t have to tap into anything. Although the real test is driving on the freeway and testing the call as a lot of noise at higher speeds. If the mic is terrible then the choice would be to hook up the separate mic or tap into the cars mic.
I am still going to tap into the existing mic either on Weds or Thurs....and then have my wife call from my car to her cell, so I can hear what the two sound like. I am thinking the existing mic on the radio will be two small for highway noise.

btycda36

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
green wire is your sub out, i then connected a y-adapter to that single wire to get 2 rca outs and then into amp.
Hey thanks. I finally received my M400 yesterday and of course it's pouring today so can't install just yet. I messaged the seller because the RCA wire harness I received doesn't have the green sub woofer RCA. However based on the website diagram, I have an extra yellow RCA labeled "Video In". I requested a specific diagram from them but, in the meantime I'll see what works.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) RCA wirin
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) Screenshot 2020-10-09 162426

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey thanks. I finally received my M400 yesterday and of course it's pouring today so can't install just yet. I messaged the seller because the RCA wire harness I received doesn't have the green sub woofer RCA. However based on the website diagram, I have an extra yellow RCA labeled "Video In". I requested a specific diagram from them but, in the meantime I'll see what works.
RCA wiring.jpeg
Screenshot 2020-10-09 162426.png
I don't remember seeing a Green Connector on my mine, either Will look when I get a chance. Let me know what they say....might need to get a new RCA Adapter cable myself.

Do you mind taking a picture of the 32 Pin connector you have..? It's this one...below. Want to see if you have a wire that I don't have.....if you could snap both side, I would appreciate it a ton....thanks...!

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1603295211767

btycda36

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I don't remember seeing a Green Connector on my mine, either Will look when I get a chance. Let me know what they say....might need to get a new RCA Adapter cable myself.

Do you mind taking a picture of the 32 Pin connector you have..? It's this one...below. Want to see if you have a wire that I don't have.....if you could snap both side, I would appreciate it a ton....thanks...!

1603295211767.png
Here you go
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) Pic 1
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) Pic 2

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
RCA wiring.jpeg
Screenshot 2020-10-09 162426.png
Good luck trying to get a half decent response from them, I've been going back and forth with their customer service for a whole week and a half now

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here you go
Pic 1.jpeg
Pic 2.jpeg
Ok....great,....thanks...! Same as mine. Are you replacing the 5" non-touch or the 7" touch version radio...? If the 5" one.....let me know if your reverse camera works. The Rear Camera Detect wire is a purple wire on the 5" radio Side of the connector....and it connects above the pink wire in the above pic you sent, which you can see has no wire on the Radio End. And the Reverse Detect Wire....doesn't exist in the 5", but it does in the 7" touch version....it is a Green wire(I think)....and it goes next to it....which on the new radio harness doesn't have a wire either. So I am really interested to see if yours works.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good luck trying to get a half decent response from them, I've been going back and forth with their customer service for a whole week and a half now
Me too....And we are 12 hours behind them....so I ask a question and wait a day. I am getting responses....but not ones that have been helpful that much for my reverse camera problem. For some reason it seems to work on your unit....so I can't wait to see the pics of your 32 pin connector for sure...!

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Me too....And we are 12 hours behind them....so I ask a question and wait a day. I am getting responses....but not ones that have been helpful that much for my reverse camera problem. For some reason it seems to work on your unit....so I can't wait to see the pics of your 32 pin connector for sure...!
It's beyond frustrating. I've asked them 3 times for the Zlink activation login info, and they've sent me the same article each time. I asked about the reverse camera issue twice and they've ignored it both times. Sent them pictures of the incorrect USB cable and explained that it was the wrong one. and all I got was "you have to plug it into your head unit, can you send a picture of the incorrect usb cable?"

milhousesdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport hatch
Country flag
(is there supposed to be something that plugs into canbus?) I connected my m400 today and I get no boot screen no power at all, any suggestions? - Video here:
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_5572.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: