9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Been wanting to replace the terrible stereo in my sport. After reading through almost the entire post. I think these last several pages show the navifly as best bang for your buck. Now I am torn between the m400 and px6. Naldy mentioned issues with car play and backup cam. Let us know if you find out the issue. I might stick with the m400 with older software if it is not as buggy as the px6 Android 10. I always like a faster unit and hdmi. Also thank you to everyone for contributing information on these units.
i will say though all of these units have their own problems. carplay works great on my px6. rn it’s just mainly the weird rear cam issue which i’m gonna try to fix over the weekend
Sponsored

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just replaced the speakers in my 20 LX hatch with Alpine S-65C components in the front (added the sail panel from the EX trim), and Polk DB 652s in the rear. The sound has improved drastically, but the treble is almost piercing, even when it's turned down low. And the speakers have almost no bass when it's maxed out. The stock DSP is a disgrace to music. I want to office space the stock head unit after I replace it. Thanks to @Pitfighter for being the guinea pig with the Navifly, I just ordered it today, stoked to get some decent sounding music in my car finally. Will update with pics after the install.
How did the install go? I have a 2020 sport with the 7 inch touch screen and I also replaced my front speakers with Alpine S-65C speakers and was a little disappointed with the lack of bass coming from them. I just added a powered subwoofer and it greatly improved but I'm thinking of getting the android unit for the built in DSP.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
So you have a number of options, generally speaking you want a unit with 4gb ram/64gb internal. and those will generally have nicer processors than the cheaper $100-200 models

as for brands, phoenix and gtacarkits have been selling them in the states for a while but they generally mark up their units quite a bit. if you go with aliexpress you’ll be able to get the same unit 100-200 cheaper.

right now your best bet is probably the navifly M400, which a good number of users here have had good luck with and it’s reasonably priced. but it runs android 8.1 which is a little outdated. if you wanna go top of the line, get the navifly PX6 which runs android 10. i’m troubleshooting some of the small quirks on that unit right now though. you’ll get steering wheel controls on pretty much all of the current gen models of these android units

edit: if you go with any unit on ali, use "INRCDGYS" to get $24 in coupons. it’s my personal referral code
Naldy....my M400 says Android 10 when it boots. Is it not on 10..? In the about device it says Android Version 10. Processor type is Octa=sp9853i. System version V11.1.2_20200722.

I still don't have my rear camera working when going into reverse....but am narrowing it down....should have it working soon. In the meantime...I hooked it up to Aux and added an icon to show the cam when press it.....so that is fine for now. Did you find a way to stop the AC display from popping up..? Still working on that. Sound is INCREDIBLY better than my 5" Honda Sport Manual radio....you can actually hear the back speakers...is amazing. Wish I knew about the code earlier....would have bought the PX6.

On a side note....some people that were having issue with the reverse cam popping in and out....they tried 3 different fixes.
1st.... is easy...they grounded the metal back of the radio to the car metal with a nice size wire....to eliminate any ground loop issues.
2nd...they mounted a small fan on the heatsink to blow air over it.
3rd...this one not so easy....they pulled the back off and found that the processor has very little thermal compound...and so they cleaned it and put a more thorough coating on it....not recommending that.

Still am really happy about the upgrade....would definitely do it again. And have decided to upgrade the speakers....but because I have them here and will do it next weekend.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Naldy....my M400 says Android 10 when it boots. Is it not on 10..? In the about device it says Android Version 10. Processor type is Octa=sp9853i. System version V11.1.2_20200722.

I still don't have my rear camera working when going into reverse....but am narrowing it down....should have it working soon. In the meantime...I hooked it up to Aux and added an icon to show the cam when press it.....so that is fine for now. Did you find a way to stop the AC display from popping up..? Still working on that. Sound is INCREDIBLY better than my 5" Honda Sport Manual radio....you can actually hear the back speakers...is amazing. Wish I knew about the code earlier....would have bought the PX6.

On a side note....some people that were having issue with the reverse cam popping in and out....they tried 3 different fixes.
1st.... is easy...they grounded the metal back of the radio to the car metal with a nice size wire....to eliminate any ground loop issues.
2nd...they mounted a small fan on the heatsink to blow air over it.
3rd...this one not so easy....they pulled the back off and found that the processor has very little thermal compound...and so they cleaned it and put a more thorough coating on it....not recommending that.

Still am really happy about the upgrade....would definitely do it again. And have decided to upgrade the speakers....but because I have them here and will do it next weekend.
tbh i’m not sure, check your system info, it should tell you what version of android you’re running. it may just be that the Joying was 8.1 and the navifly units have all been updated.

as for the ac pop up, i think i made a post about it a little while ago in here. it’s in the factory settings somewhere

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How did the install go? I have a 2020 sport with the 7 inch touch screen and I also replaced my front speakers with Alpine S-65C speakers and was a little disappointed with the lack of bass coming from them. I just added a powered subwoofer and it greatly improved but I'm thinking of getting the android unit for the built in DSP.
it should be fairly simple, there are more than enough resources in here to help you if you need it. but i’ve installed 3 units so far and it’s usually a 20 min process at most

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I noticed my M400 screen turns black when I switch from D to R and back while I'm on CarPlay never happened before... frustrating.. hopefully won't happen again

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I noticed my M400 screen turns black when I switch from D to R and back while I'm on CarPlay never happened before... frustrating.. hopefully won't happen again
Hey....I would take that....LoL....at least I knew it saw reverse. :) But I will fix this thing!

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just noticed same seller on aliexpress increased prices, I bought my M400 for about $250 with shipping included, today it costs $305+$18 shipping... lol

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just noticed same seller on aliexpress increased prices, I bought my M400 for about $250 with shipping included, today it costs $305+$18 shipping... lol
they’re always fluctuating man, i purchased my px6 for $400. then it went on sale the same week to 366. so i canceled my first order and reordered. then the next week it went down to 338..

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
they’re always fluctuating man, i purchased my px6 for $400. then it went on sale the same week to 366. so i canceled my first order and reordered. then the next week it went down to 338..
Yeah, it is weird, I put one in my cart, price changed to $180+$40 shipping... total $220

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can one of you guys snap a few pictures of the 32 Pin wiring harness on both the Radio and the Car side. You should see similar colors as mine. I have a theory why my backup camera is not working....but I need to see someone else's cable connector. Here are the top and bottom of mine in the attached pictures to give you a reference. I believe I am missing a wire that you guys have on your cars, because I have the 6 Sp Manual with the 5" non-touch stereo. I know this is asking a lot....but it would help me immensely. Appreciate anyone who can do this for me.

Anyone else have a M400 Head Unit that had a 6 Sp Manual Sport with the 5" crappy non-touch radio..? I am not sure if anyone here has that radio and my car and has the backup camera working.

Appreciate you guys!
Steve

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 32 Pin Connector - Car Side - Bottom

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 32 Pin Connector - Car Side - To

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 32 Pin Connector - Radio Side - Bottom

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 32 Pin Connector - Radio Side - Bottomo

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Can one of you guys snap a few pictures of the 32 Pin wiring harness on both the Radio and the Car side. You should see similar colors as mine. I have a theory why my backup camera is not working....but I need to see someone else's cable connector. Here are the top and bottom of mine in the attached pictures to give you a reference. I believe I am missing a wire that you guys have on your cars, because I have the 6 Sp Manual with the 5" non-touch stereo. I know this is asking a lot....but it would help me immensely. Appreciate anyone who can do this for me.

Anyone else have a M400 Head Unit that had a 6 Sp Manual Sport with the 5" crappy non-touch radio..? I am not sure if anyone here has that radio and my car and has the backup camera working.

Appreciate you guys!
Steve

32 Pin Connector - Car Side - Bottom.jpg

32 Pin Connector - Car Side - Top.jpg

32 Pin Connector - Radio Side - Bottom.jpg

32 Pin Connector - Radio Side - Bottomo.jpg
can you post some more pictures of your overall wiring?

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
can you post some more pictures of your overall wiring?
I have pictures of almost all of it....because I was thinking about making an installation help file for those less electrical than us. here are a few more.....AND....two PDF files. One for the 5" radio and one for the 7" touch. If you look at the pinout for the 32 pin connectors for both of them....see pins 15 and 16. One is Detects connection for Rearview Camera...and the other is Detects Reverse Signal. My connector for the M400 has no wires for pins 15 or 16.....and my car doesn't have a pin 15....like the 7" touch connector has....and I am wondering if that is why I am not seeing the radio react to when I put it in reverse. If you had the 7" touch radio....I am wondering what your 32 pin connector looks like on both sides. If your pin 15(Reverse Signal) is being used...then I might be able to detect that with my Reverse lights. My radio just does not respond to the car going into reverse.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) Possible back of unit

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG-6499

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG-6498

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG-6465

Attachments

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Did anyone figure out how to replace loading logo from Android 10 to Honda logo?
Sponsored