9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
Don't quote me, but I believe the USB connection was 4 ports not 6, mine ended up with some empty ports and some leftover wiring, only 1 USB added but 2 were included, thought I did something wrong so I had my friend who does radio installation check it out and he said I did everything right and he wasn't sure where the extra stuff was intended to go. My assumption was that if you have an higher trim with a different display is suppose to fit one of the other wires you'd also end up using.
Yes....the higher trims use more ports(side camera..etc)....but in my kit that came in yesterday....I have a USB that has 4 pins and a USB that has 6 Pins.....I won't be connecting it all up until Thursday to test it all out....but I believe both work and are pinned as 4 and as 6. But will report back after I get it all connected. Am so psych'd to get it in! Love all the sharing in this group....very helpful.
Sponsored

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I added it as it doesn't hurt to have it. I use it as an additional charger but will try with a usb stick as you can use that as additional storage for whatever. Also you should setup that tethering app - I stream stuff for trips with my daughter and works awesome and doesn't blow up your data plan.
So are you saying you have to have the tethering app to connect and stream from your phone...? I thought it would connect and use your iPhone as a hotspot automatically. I bookmarked your link for that software either way, so I can try it on Thursday.

Pitfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sedan LX
Country flag
So are you saying you have to have the tethering app to connect and stream from your phone...? I thought it would connect and use your iPhone as a hotspot automatically. I bookmarked your link for that software either way, so I can try it on Thursday.
If you use a hotspot your carrier will count as hotspot minutes which don't allow or charge extra. What this does is bypasses it and they will only see as if you are using directly on your phone. If you check your plan for highspeed data you will see what I mean. Streaming HD blows through data really quick. If you have a 3gb hotspot plan that will get you like 2 HD movies.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you use a hotspot your carrier will count as hotspot minutes which don't allow or charge extra. What this does is bypasses it and they will only see as if you are using directly on your phone. If you check your plan for highspeed data you will see what I mean. Stream HD blows through data really quick. If you have a 3gb hotspot plan that will get you like 2 HD movies.
Oh.....so sorry....I understand now. That is really awesome...!! Great info Pit. So basically it fools it into thinking it is streaming locally on the phone and not hot-spotting to another device. Will be using this for sure!

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Finally heard back from Navifly customer service. Here's the link to a set of instructions they sent me regarding Zlink Wireless Carplay setup/use as well as how to set up your Canbus on properly. I'm gonna give this a shot in half an hour.

Also as a general note, here are the menu passwords
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1CA68642-3598-4776-A933-A24A581DFB61

@caldersm44 There're some wiring diagrams in here as well

Hopefully this helps anyone that's stuck from here on out

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001021728428.html?spm=a2g0s.imconversation.0.0.17e73e5f8AH3wp

Last edited:

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Finally heard back from Navifly customer service. Here's the link to a set of instructions they sent me regarding Zlink Wireless Carplay setup/use as well as how to set up your Canbus on properly. I'm gonna give this a shot in half an hour.

Also as a general note, here are the menu passwords
1CA68642-3598-4776-A933-A24A581DFB61.png

@caldersm44 There're some wiring diagrams in here as well

Hopefully this helps anyone that's stuck from here on out

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001021728428.html?spm=a2g0s.imconversation.0.0.17e73e5f8AH3wp
UPDATE: Canbus is now functioning. had to manually go in and find the right canbus protocol for my car.

so far this unit has been wayyy better than the Joying. kind of a bitch to set up but the UI looks way cleaner and i can actually listen to the radio without it cutting out every time i drive under a tree. carplay works great out of the box, enabling wireless takes an extra step.

only little quirk is that the instrument cluster clock no longer matches the head unit clock and unlike the Joying, there’s no way to change the time in there.

so far very happy with this purchase and i highly recommend it to anyone thinking about one of these. they’re on sale for $338 right now

Last edited:

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah I added it as it doesn't hurt to have it. I use it as an additional charger but will try with a usb stick as you can use that as additional storage for whatever. Also you should setup that tethering app - I stream stuff for trips with my daughter and works awesome and doesn't blow up your data plan.
extra USB comes with 4 pin, that port is 6 pin, did you just connect it there?

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Is there a reason that you didn't connect your second USB port...? That is the 6 port connector. I see most people put it in the glove box. I think I am going to figure out how to surface mount it somewhere. They say you can add a USB flash drive with movies or other videos for the passenger to watch on long trips. Just wondering....no big deal.
1602591691016.png
First of all I had no idea where to plug 4 pin connector for extra USB, since all I left with is that 6 pin... and most likely I don't need any extra usb ports anyway, my Civic is just a "weekend" car if you wish, we don't take it to any road trips or long drives... less cables is better in my case :)

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
UPDATE: Canbus is now functioning. had to manually go in and find the right canbus protocol for my car.

so far this unit has been wayyy better than the Joying. kind of a bitch to set up but the UI looks way cleaner and i can actually listen to the radio without it cutting out every time i drive under a tree. carplay works great out of the box, enabling wireless takes an extra step.

only little quirk is that the instrument cluster clock no longer matches the head unit clock and unlike the Joying, there’s no way to change the time in there.

so far very happy with this purchase and i highly recommend it to anyone thinking about one of these. they’re on sale for $338 right now
Great news! Congrats on the CANBUS. I have 6 SP Manual Hatch....so I don't believe the clock issue will affect me...maybe. LoL. I see they did drop the price to $338, but now they are charging $18 for standard shipping...and $42 for DHL. Still the best deal for $356 shipped compared to all other HU....especially with the RK3399 chipset. Mine was $218...now it is $193....guess they don't price match...?
<EDIT: I sent a message to NAVIFLY to see if they would price match the difference in cost....if not, I may return the M400 and get the PX6 unit....we will see. >

Last edited:

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey I see your asking about which speakers you should use, someone linked the YouTube video on how to install speakers into the door panel and in the video the guy used Polk Db652 which you should buy on Crutchfield if they're available because they come with the harness to fit into the car. They're a big improvement. Makes the car bump a little harder but if you want something that shakes the ground you'll need a sub. I have Polk in the front and was going to put something in the rear but Ultimately decided that the rear speakers were not worth replacing unless your going to cut into the back and get something bigger than the oem ones.

VideoCapture_20201010-154342.jpg

VideoCapture_20201010-154348.jpg

20201010_154637.jpg
lol car specific harness can be bought anywhere from amazon to aliexpress, especially Honda, they didn't change speaker design since mid 00s... You can buy ANY speaker you want and buy wire adapter and speaker adapter for like $15 total... it doesn't have to be one specific brand

milhousesdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport hatch
Country flag
I just got my m400 is it pretty much plug and play? and is "built in apple carplay" wireless or still plug in?

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just got my m400 is it pretty much plug and play? and is "built in apple carplay" wireless or still plug in?
Am installing mine tomorrow....so we will find out. Due to the great guys on here that share their experiences....it should prove to be pretty easy. Am doing new speakers in the front and sound deadening tomorrow....so will report back and let you know.

The Carplay....according to this thread is Wired or Wireless.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
it’s totally plug n play. as for apple carplay, it depends on which version of Zlink (the app that makes apple carplay work) is included with your system. on the M400 i believe it should do wireless carplay out of the box but if not you might need to go through the activation process

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
it’s totally plug n play. as for apple carplay, it depends on which version of Zlink (the app that makes apple carplay work) is included with your system. on the M400 i believe it should do wireless carplay out of the box but if not you might need to go through the activation process
Ok....Have everything working now....thanks to Naldy about setting up the Wifi Tether with a manual IP connection....with no Router....that and a Reset did the trick. I can use the WIFI from my phone or Wireless Carplay via Tether. The issue for me was that the connection to the Tether of the HU had a different Subnet (third octet) when I connected to Wireless Carplay and tried to switch to the HU Apps that required WIFI. Since I was at my house....when Carplay dropped....my home WIFI gave me an IP address that was a different subnet and that confused the HU. So when I unlearned my home WIFI and used LTE for Data....everything went seamless.

Have to say....WOW.....this M400 vs the 5" Honda HU.....it's no competition! The M400 Bass is AMAZING....I basically had no sound in the old unit for the rear speakers....but now...WOW...is amazing. I have not even changed the speakers...and am debating whether I will...it is that good.

So...the only issue is the Backup camera. I believe it is because the Reverse wiring detection goes into the CANBUS....and I need to probably change the type. I went to Settings: Car Settings: Extra Settings: Password: 3368. But it doesn't do anything. I know I need to change it, but it doesn't work. Ugh. Let me know if you know of any other passwords. I tried 0000, 126, 3368. No luck.

Thanks for your help.
Steve

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Need some help.
1. Backup cam not working. Tried both cables. I know the cam is good because I plugged it into the AUX and I can see the picture....but when I reverse....it doesn't call up the backup screen. Is there a setting to enable?
2. how do u setup the iPhone to connect WiFi automatically? I keep having to reset it?
3. Can’t setup my google account. It says connecti g and just sits there This was because I had no WIFI after Carplay.
Ok...seems that Wireless Car Play is using WIFI. So when you are connected to CarPlay and want to go back to use say...Youtube....there is no WIFI connection to your car for data. It seems to mess up going back and forth....have to reset the HU. Getting frustrated. Wonder if you can use Zlink or Tlink...? I have Tlink. I would be happy to just use Wired Carplay and use WIFI for data stuff...but I can't seem to find Wired setting for Tlink. Anyone have any ideas.?

Ok....Have everything working now....thanks to Naldy about setting up the Wifi Tether with a manual IP connection....with no Router....that and a Reset did the trick. I can use the WIFI from my phone or Wireless Carplay via Tether. The issue for me was that the connection to the Tether of the HU had a different Subnet (third octet) when I connected to Wireless Carplay and tried to switch to the HU Apps that required WIFI. Since I was at my house....when Carplay dropped....my home WIFI gave me an IP address that was a different subnet and that confused the HU. So when I unlearned my home WIFI and used LTE for Data....everything went seamless.

Have to say....WOW.....this M400 vs the 5" Honda HU.....it's no competition! The M400 Bass is AMAZING....I basically had no sound in the old unit for the rear speakers....but now...WOW...is amazing. I have not even changed the speakers...and am debating whether I will...it is that good.

So...the only issue is the Backup camera. I believe it is because the Reverse wiring detection goes into the CANBUS....and I need to probably change the type. I went to Settings: Car Settings:

What password did you use to get into the settings?
Sponsored