9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
do both ports work for the wired carplay or does it have to be a specific one like on the OEM headunit?
I didn't connect extra USBs my headunit came with, I simply don't need that many, but stock USB port works just fine
Sponsored

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
YES!
It worked, and wireless CarPlay works perfectly. Few things to notice, it takes time to connect to your phone, twice longer than my OEM CarPlay in my Odyssey, but nothing extreme. Thing number 2, colors are kinda washed out on carplay, maybe I need to adjust the settings. I'm comparing it to my OEM Honda CarPlay :)

My main goal with this HU was CarPlay... and I didn't even know it was wireless lol I've tested it yesterday, took a short 40 mile drive, it worked flawlessly both wired and wireless. Of course it has few bugs there, few things here, but 95% it works great!
Damn Awesome!! So excited now...will be a long wait for sure now. So is the screen washed out for just CarPlay? What bugs have u found? Did it come with a wiring diagram? I haven’t found mention of one anywhere. If they sent u one, would u kind scanning it? Did u find what to connect to the other side of the CanBus box? Sorry for all the questions! Just so ready..

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Damn Awesome!! So excited now...will be a long wait for sure now. So is the screen washed out for just CarPlay? What bugs have u found? Did it come with a wiring diagram? I haven’t found mention of one anywhere. If they sent u one, would u kind scanning it? Did u find what to connect to the other side of the CanBus box? Sorry for all the questions! Just so ready..
oh, absolutely no worries, happy to help!
Yes, screen is only washed out for carplay, but again, it might be due to messed color settings... I don't know

When you using carplay, for navigation in my case, if you navigate back to HU menu you no longer be able to connect to carplay by simply pressing carplay button... it loses connection and it took me 5 minutes to make the HU recognize my phone, it might be due to specific steps (I tried to show my wife how to use youtube and connect the HU to hotspot) that killed carplay immediately. This was my biggest issue, just don't use your HU while you using carplay and it will be fine :)

no, they didn't give any instructions nor manual, but if you look closely and match wiring it will take you just few minutes to plug everything. All plugs are uniquely shaped and easy to guess. One thing, I couldn't plug extra USB, I have no idea where to plug them and I'm going to remove GPS antenna for built in nav, it works well and accurate, but just not useful in my case

I contacted the seller, but got no response yet about CanBus, but everything seem to be working fine so far, I even got a message and display which door is open, so I'm assuming I plugged it correctly.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
OK, just got the message from the seller, he said that I didn't connect it right, since it needs in and out both connected, and without it my steering wheel control not suppose to work... but everything is working lol... mystery

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OK, just got the message from the seller, he said that I didn't connect it right, since it needs in and out both connected, and without it my steering wheel control not suppose to work... but everything is working lol... mystery
Did they tell you how to wire it up....? Two videos show the one side connected to a multi-wire plug and the other side to one that has a single blue wire. This is for the Phoenix radio....so might be different....but might jog your memory on the wiring harness.

Go and watch this video at 10 mins 20 secs:

Did you ask them for a wiring diagram...? Maybe they have one that they could offer..? If not, then I will create one for the other people that get one after me that are on this thread. Super helpful people on here for sure. Am also Anxious to hear back from Naldy about the P6X unit.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Am also Anxious to hear back from Naldy about the P6X unit.
still waiting patiently lol. ended up selling my JOYING so i’ve been stuck with the stock 5” for a week or so now. the px6 has been stuck in customs for a few days now (i ended up canceling and reordering once it went on sale for $338)

I wouldn’t worry about a wiring diagram, if it’s anything like the JOYING it should be pretty easy to figure out. most of the male connectors have a female that it’ll connect right into.

I am kinda curious about this Carplay situation though. Took me forever to get Zlink to work on the JOYING perfectly, would rather not start that whole process over with “Tlink” or whatever

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
still waiting patiently lol. ended up selling my JOYING so i’ve been stuck with the stock 5” for a week or so now. the px6 has been stuck in customs for a few days now (i ended up canceling and reordering once it went on sale for $338)

I wouldn’t worry about a wiring diagram, if it’s anything like the JOYING it should be pretty easy to figure out. most of the male connectors have a female that it’ll connect right into.

I am kinda curious about this Carplay situation though. Took me forever to get Zlink to work on the JOYING perfectly, would rather not start that whole process over with “Tlink” or whatever
Yeah I saw what you guys had to go thru to get it working.....but seems this one, according to KYRGYZ....is pretty easy to setup....and it has Wireless Carplay....so that will be awesome.! Did you go for free shipping or did you use DHL...? Mine still hasn't shipped yet. :-(

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah I saw what you guys had to go thru to get it working.....but seems this one, according to KYRGYZ....is pretty easy to setup....and it has Wireless Carplay....so that will be awesome.! Did you go for free shipping or did you use DHL...? Mine still hasn't shipped yet. :-(
I used the free shipping option. Mine actually shipped out fairly quickly (like 3 days). But US customs is usually where it takes the longest. The Joying unit got to me in about 2 weeks or so

edit: And for the record the Joying was fairly easy to set up and had wireless carplay as well. But it was the weird connections issues that caused problems for us. For example taking way too long to connect initially and random disconnects, etc. If I can get the updated Zlink to work on the Navifly units the rest should be fairly easy. @KYRGYZ If you wanna be the Zlink guinea pig lemme know lol

Last edited:

btycda36

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

I just ordered the M400 on 9/28 for $283.00 but, now that I look at AliExpress again it's showing only $221.90!! I'm trying to contact them now and see about refunding me the difference. Either way it's in US customs too and can't wait to get it hooked up! Hate the 5" OEM HU.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just ordered the M400 on 9/28 for $283.00 but, now that I look at AliExpress again it's showing only $221.90!! I'm trying to contact them now and see about refunding me the difference. Either way it's in US customs too and can't wait to get it hooked up! Hate the 5" OEM HU.
I ordered mine on 10/01.....for $218.90....plus tax....plus I did the DHL shipping. Same here...I am stoked to get this installed. I also bought an OBD2 unit off Amazon....and am looking at getting the front facing DVR camera. I also have been checking out a video series on installing new speakers(mine rattle at 70% volume) and sound deadening material in the door well.....looks very easy to do and not too expensive at all. Let us know when you get it and how you hook up the other side of the CanBus module.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I ordered mine on 10/01.....for $218.90....plus tax....plus I did the DHL shipping. Same here...I am stoked to get this installed. I also bought an OBD2 unit off Amazon....and am looking at getting the front facing DVR camera. I also have been checking out a video series on installing new speakers(mine rattle at 70% volume) and sound deadening material in the door well.....looks very easy to do and not too expensive at all. Let us know when you get it and how you hook up the other side of the CanBus module.
The rattling is from the door panels, these cars are notorious for that, some foam or extra padding should fix that. I had the dealership do it for free since its covered under warranty

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
They usually support free returns, so that's always a route you can go down. I've given up trying to get the best deals on these aliexpress sales. They change prices like every week. But I think the PX6 for 338 was a solid find

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The rattling is from the door panels, these cars are notorious for that, some foam or extra padding should fix that. I had the dealership do it for free since its covered under warranty
Whoa! How did u find out about that? Was it a recall? Would love to get it done at the dealership for free!

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah, CarPlay on M400s is just plug and play, you find TLink or ZLink, you connect your phone to your new HU, connect bluetooth and all works no problem out of box. both wired and wireless working good so far, I didn't use for a long time, maybe 1-2 hr total, but didn't have any issues (other than I described, but that could be an edge case)

mrburgerUS

First Name
Nicholai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Si Swap
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A tip for anyone with a reverse camera that shows a Yellow Exclamation Triangle:

Connect the RCA labeled “Camera” that comes off the big harness to the REV-V RCA. It’s on the Harness that has all the aftermarket Audio plugs! We thought we didn’t need it for the longest time, but you definitely need it. This was on a Civic LX 2017 Sedan, but this should apply to all trims.
Sponsored