9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
Exactly what I was thinking
Naldy.....have you received the PX6 version of the Navifly....? I am debating on that and the M400. I really want the HDMI it offers....and I like the look of the buttons on the left better. I have a 2018 sport....so anything will be a Huge upgrade.

Let me know...am looking forward to your thoughts....and appreciate you guys spending time to review these for us.
Steve

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
After about a year in the thread and not really know anything about radio installation or about which radio to even get im proud to say, we finally did it guys. Also my first radio install and let me say, there was alot of wires. I'm assuming it came with the wires that could be used in higher trims with the oem touchscreen. Backup camera is just as crappy looking due to the expanding the screen, other than that it already came routed with the buttons having the functions and everything is fairly quick.

20200922_085841.jpg

20200922_000137.jpg

Tunaaa....is this the PX6 version of the Navifly....? If so....what are your thoughts....? Am interested in the Apple Carplay. Love the buttons so much better on this one than the M400 for sure.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Naldy.....have you received the PX6 version of the Navifly....? I am debating on that and the M400. I really want the HDMI it offers....and I like the look of the buttons on the left better. I have a 2018 sport....so anything will be a Huge upgrade.

Let me know...am looking forward to your thoughts....and appreciate you guys spending time to review these for us.
Steve
Should be here within the week, it's stuck at customs currently. I'll keep y'all posted

Tunaaa

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civix lx-p 18
Country flag
Tunaaa....is this the PX6 version of the Navifly....? If so....what are your thoughts....? Am interested in the Apple Carplay. Love the buttons so much better on this one than the M400 for sure.
Hey! No its the phoenix automotive one, they made me believe it was terrible expensive but I paid 460 (paid the 10 for the package protection which I actually don't think I needed but better safe than sorry). In terms of speed and performance I haven't had many issues, just have to mess around with the settings alot to get used to it. Android auto connects pretty quick and if you have mobile Hotspot this this is pretty sweet. My only complaint is that I download Netflix and hulu and I can't watch them through the apps nor on the chrome app either, but I'm not downloading them for myself to watch lol I usually have my girlfriend in the car and we like to get food and park to eat with the whole pandemic going on. Youtube works, and everything else does too. Completely plug and play, can't ask for more. The backup camera is pretty bad though but still functional. Let me know if you need anymore info.

https://phoenixautomotiveinc.com/pr...a-civic-2016-2019?_pos=3&_sid=16a4eda06&_ss=r

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Got my M400 today and installed it right away, it has lots of wiring but if you look closely it all makes sense.
Install took me about 20 minutes including figuring out wiring and moving clips from OEM HU to new one...
I am still confused where to plug extra USB and canbus has two input/output (?) I only plugged one side and all seems to be working no problem
I have no idea where is CarPlay lol
Also, one big frustration is when your screen touch is completely reversed lol you press right bottom you see how top left pressed lol you press BT settings and radio launches... I was about to put everything back and ship it back lol but turns out you just need to calibrate the screen and now it works just great!
I've seen navifly on ebay for about $350 OBO and shipped from US, definitely much better option if you don't want to wait for 3-4 weeks to get it, I'll post links here once I find it
So far I'm very impressed and satisfied (I used it only for 30 minutes though lol)
So my question is WHERE IS CARPLAY? @Pitfighter can you help me please?

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_9678.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_9679.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_9680.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_9682.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_9683.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_9684.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_9689.JPG

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Here is a shitty video - need to do one during the day and when it isn't raining :confused:
Test Video

New video HERE
Wow that looks like it runs super smooth. Would love to ditch the shitty head unit.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Got my M400 today and installed it right away, it has lots of wiring but if you look closely it all makes sense.
Install took me about 20 minutes including figuring out wiring and moving clips from OEM HU to new one...
I am still confused where to plug extra USB and canbus has two input/output (?) I only plugged one side and all seems to be working no problem
I have no idea where is CarPlay lol
Also, one big frustration is when your screen touch is completely reversed lol you press right bottom you see how top left pressed lol you press BT settings and radio launches... I was about to put everything back and ship it back lol but turns out you just need to calibrate the screen and now it works just great!
I've seen navifly on ebay for about $350 OBO and shipped from US, definitely much better option if you don't want to wait for 3-4 weeks to get it, I'll post links here once I find it
So far I'm very impressed and satisfied (I used it only for 30 minutes though lol)
So my question is WHERE IS CARPLAY? @Pitfighter can you help me please?

IMG_9678.JPG

IMG_9679.JPG

IMG_9680.JPG

IMG_9682.JPG

IMG_9683.JPG

IMG_9684.JPG

IMG_9689.JPG
Might be under something called "Zlink"

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Would like to know how to enable Carplay too.....as I went ahead and ordered the M400.....due to limited funds to get the PX6 version that you got. Just have too many things I want....so have to give somewhere. Mine should be here near the end of October. Still want to know how that one performs....just to make me feel crappy about not getting it. :)

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
yeah, I figured on older or maybe just different manufacturers, it is called ZLink, but on this one it is called TLink lol

I'm having passenger side window problem, it doesn't go down or up from the driver's side, I need to press down or up from the passenger control than it start working.... maybe it just a coincidence since I removed the control to replace the cloth armrest or canbus that comes with the radio is messing up something

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yeah, I figured on older or maybe just different manufacturers, it is called ZLink, but on this one it is called TLink lol

I'm having passenger side window problem, it doesn't go down or up from the driver's side, I need to press down or up from the passenger control than it start working.... maybe it just a coincidence since I removed the control to replace the cloth armrest or canbus that comes with the radio is messing up something
So am assuming that you got it working...? Was it TLink...? Do you know if this has wireless CarPlay that can be enabled too? Mine hasn't shipped yet....probably a few more weeks.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So am assuming that you got it working...? Was it TLink...? Do you know if this has wireless CarPlay that can be enabled too? Mine hasn't shipped yet....probably a few more weeks.
YES!
It worked, and wireless CarPlay works perfectly. Few things to notice, it takes time to connect to your phone, twice longer than my OEM CarPlay in my Odyssey, but nothing extreme. Thing number 2, colors are kinda washed out on carplay, maybe I need to adjust the settings. I'm comparing it to my OEM Honda CarPlay :)

My main goal with this HU was CarPlay... and I didn't even know it was wireless lol I've tested it yesterday, took a short 40 mile drive, it worked flawlessly both wired and wireless. Of course it has few bugs there, few things here, but 95% it works great!

Royalz_2o9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Touring Sedan
Country flag
YES!
It worked, and wireless CarPlay works perfectly. Few things to notice, it takes time to connect to your phone, twice longer than my OEM CarPlay in my Odyssey, but nothing extreme. Thing number 2, colors are kinda washed out on carplay, maybe I need to adjust the settings. I'm comparing it to my OEM Honda CarPlay :)

My main goal with this HU was CarPlay... and I didn't even know it was wireless lol I've tested it yesterday, took a short 40 mile drive, it worked flawlessly both wired and wireless. Of course it has few bugs there, few things here, but 95% it works great!
do both ports work for the wired carplay or does it have to be a specific one like on the OEM headunit?
Sponsored