9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Back when I had the Dasaita 9" PX6, I had a difficult time seeing the screen when wearing polarized sunglasses. Has anyone else noticed this problem on the alternative Android head units that you all have installed?
This is 100% an issue that I didn't even think to mention. I have a pair of non polarized sunglasses in my car that I switch to for when I'm driving and want to watch a movie or whatever.
Sponsored

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
anyone else’s head unit stuck in Hong Kong for the last week?
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 6785F1D3-1B26-4569-9112-FEF71A1CAC91

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Due to pandemic DHL shipping cost increased but waiting time increased either ?it's crazy!

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Due to pandemic DHL shipping cost increased but waiting time increased either ?it's crazy!
Literally just got the shipping email. Looks like it'll be here on the 19th. So just a total of 2 weeks hopefully. That's not terrible!

qduong00

First Name
Q
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Country flag
So because we're using a can bus decoder you cannot use that app to reprogram the swc. That app is for when you hook up the key 1 and key 2 wires. If you want the controls to do something else, I recommend you download mtcd tools off of XDA.
Hi, do you have any advice on how to wire Key 1 / Key 2 on the canbus?
I have a PX6, SWC works only for Talk, Back, Mute. Not the Volume and Next Track buttons.

XgenTheo

First Name
Teo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T CVT
Country flag
how are you liking it? does the backup camera and oem functions still work fine? how is the speed and overall responsiveness?
both backup and side cameras works fine. But there’s a slight delay. Sometimes the rear camera may stutter a little when you are Reversing. Not quite smooth, plus you see more pixels, less clarity due to the larger screen. Most oem functions remain there. But you’ll lose maintenance minder. Sound quality is better than my stock HU (EX-T). Speed is quick just like a smartphone. Boot up time takes approx 30 secs, I think it has fast boot but it may drain Your battery if you don’t drive it often, so I have it off.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
both backup and side cameras works fine. But there’s a slight delay. Sometimes the rear camera may stutter a little when you are Reversing. Not quite smooth, plus you see more pixels, less clarity due to the larger screen. Most oem functions remain there. But you’ll lose maintenance minder. Sound quality is better than my stock HU (EX-T). Speed is quick just like a smartphone. Boot up time takes approx 30 secs, I think it has fast boot but it may drain Your battery if you don’t drive it often, so I have it off.
Just set mine up today. rear camera seems to be working great so far. My only complaint is that I can't really customize the theme too much and when I try to change the launcher, it glitches out.

Sound quality isnt as good as the pioneer I had, no real surprise there,music sounds a lot less clear overall, but still loads better than the stock unit.

overall I'm really happy with this unit, and recommend it to anyone looking for one. installation was a BREEZE, took a whole 15 minutes

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So i’ve had my Joying 9” unit for a few days now and so far not many complaints. however just a couple weird quirks I was wondering if anyone else has any advice on.

firstly, wireless apple carplay via Zlink sometimes takes FOREVER to connect. not always but it can be kinda annoying. is there also a way to do wired ACP to circumvent this? or an alternative to Zlink?

next, when i connect to ACP, the volume jumps from whatever it’s on all the way up to 18, and just blasts. anyone know why?

any advice on car launchers? i’m using carlauncherag rn and any recommended apps in general?

Thanks guys, y’all have been real helpful so far

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
So i’ve had my Joying 9” unit for a few days now and so far not many complaints. however just a couple weird quirks I was wondering if anyone else has any advice on.

firstly, wireless apple carplay via Zlink sometimes takes FOREVER to connect. not always but it can be kinda annoying. is there also a way to do wired ACP to circumvent this? or an alternative to Zlink?

next, when i connect to ACP, the volume jumps from whatever it’s on all the way up to 18, and just blasts. anyone know why?

any advice on car launchers? i’m using carlauncherag rn and any recommended apps in general?

Thanks guys, y’all have been real helpful so far
You can try to factory reset for volume and connection issues.
And car launcher is agama car launcher. I mean you need to get paid version of it. All free launchers have kinda limited features. You can try to find cracked apk ?but I think these days google play don't let us use cracked apks for a long time.

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
Still no Android HU that works with the Sport Touring's factory amp. (has the optical interface to the stock HU)?

BailOut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Country flag
Naldy, can you attach a pic of what your dash looks like?

Does the joying unit come online quickly after you start the car? Also, how's the quality/EQ of the audio? Pretty customizable to your liking?

What's ACP? And does the new HU allow you access the honda vehicle settings like the factory HU on the EX and other high-level trims? Thanks for the answers.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Naldy, can you attach a pic of what your dash looks like?

Does the joying unit come online quickly after you start the car? Also, how's the quality/EQ of the audio? Pretty customizable to your liking?

What's ACP? And does the new HU allow you access the honda vehicle settings like the factory HU on the EX and other high-level trims? Thanks for the answers.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 734A83B7-D658-4F7E-A7B4-E2E8BB8E485C

Here’s a pic. I have sleep mode turned on (it’s on by default) so it comes on instantly when i turn the car on.

Sound quality wasn’t as nice as my pioneer was out of the box but after messing with the EQ a bit i got it just where I like it, and it sounds pretty good

ACP is apple carplay, this unit does wireless apple carplay out of the box which is sweet, but it does have a hard time connecting sometimes if I had just used my phone as a wifi hotspot right before trying to connect to ACP

As for the OEM settings, they’re accessible but i personally have never messed with them. only thing i’ve needed to do so far was recalibrate the TPMS and i just ended up doing it from the instrument cluster

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Anyone have a model w wireless Apple Carplay and know how to pick which device it connects to? my gf drives my car a lot and we both have ACP set up on my Joying unit but it just auto connects to whatever one was connected last which is really annoying. end up having to turn off her phone while i try to connect mine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan LX
Country flag
Just got my pioneer 2660 nex installed yesterday and working w/ OEM USB ports for Android auto, came out pretty good!

Wasn't sure if id like the metra recessed screen but I think it looks pretty decent! Might prefer it this way rather than flush tbh. Snaps in very snug and feels OEM.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_20200824_095049
Sponsored