9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Would you mind taking a picture where you can reset the different maintenance reminders like oil, etc. I’m thinking of buying this and want to confirm it’s exactly the same functionality as the OEM headunit.
this showing how I reset tpms
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
How does one handle the maintenance minder when using an aftermarket head unit?

BailOut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Country flag
It gets ridiculously hot here over summer, weeks of 110+.

Can anyone who bought this say if it diminishes the airflow from the center vents? The large screen size looks like it protrudes in front of some of the vent's output area. I've looked for a slightly smaller version of this to avoid airflow blockage possibilities, but 9" is all I could find.

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
It gets ridiculously hot here over summer, weeks of 110+.

Can anyone who bought this say if it diminishes the airflow from the center vents? The large screen size looks like it protrudes in front of some of the vent's output area. I've looked for a slightly smaller version of this to avoid airflow blockage possibilities, but 9" is all I could find.
Only the bottom layer is covered. Doesn’t bother me since it still cools the car.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Same way I reset the tpms on the video I posted except that option is all the way at the bottom
It has the option to clear out specific minder items?

aflores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
Purchased the Phoenix 10 inch radio with built in CarPlay. Took almost three weeks to arrive from China. After messing with the wires and trying to connect them, I was able to get everything up and running except the backup camera. They had sent the wrong antenna adapter, but had a friend get me one from a stereo shop. Overall still iffy about the unit itself, CarPlay works has slight delay and sometimes takes a second to connect to the phone.

If anyone knows how to get the backup camera to work when put into reverse PLEASE help me out!! Also how to turn/adjust the pop up climate controls as I only have front ones not dual or rear.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_3182
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_3183
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_3184
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_3185
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_3186
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_3178.JPG

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Hi guys it's me again. I made a lot of searching then I ended up with this product here. I think this is the best choice so far. It has 1280x720 pixel resolution, built in carplay, 4G+Wifi. It looks little different than Phoenix one but I'll give a shot for this one.

https://www.joyingauto.com/joying-l...-plug-and-play-for-honda-civic-2016-2017.html

I also find couple on Aliexpress, which same as phoenix's but cheaper.
I'll add photos maybe even video when I get the unit.

nyczrayy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver
Country flag
Purchased the Phoenix 10 inch radio with built in CarPlay. Took almost three weeks to arrive from China. After messing with the wires and trying to connect them, I was able to get everything up and running except the backup camera. They had sent the wrong antenna adapter, but had a friend get me one from a stereo shop. Overall still iffy about the unit itself, CarPlay works has slight delay and sometimes takes a second to connect to the phone.

If anyone knows how to get the backup camera to work when put into reverse PLEASE help me out!! Also how to turn/adjust the pop up climate controls as I only have front ones not dual or rear.
IMG_3182.jpg
IMG_3183.jpg
IMG_3184.jpg
IMG_3185.jpg
IMG_3186.jpg
IMG_3178.JPG
dude, im like the opposite of you. i have backup cam but no lane watch because they sent me the wrong vid connector. 3 months later I still havent received a solution from them. curious, what di you have your cam box set to? its in the area wher you have to input a password. i believe its 3368

aflores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
dude, im like the opposite of you. i have backup cam but no lane watch because they sent me the wrong vid connector. 3 months later I still havent received a solution from them. curious, what di you have your cam box set to? its in the area wher you have to input a password. i believe its 3368
Well, when I had it on it was set as a CRV and they said that was the only option. After CarPlay completely bailing on me and not working anymore and still no solution to the backup camera, it just pissed me off so I took it off and went back to stock. Still thinking whether to return it or drive down to LA to their office.

nyczrayy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver
Country flag
Well, when I had it on it was set as a CRV and they said that was the only option. After CarPlay completely bailing on me and not working anymore and still no solution to the backup camera, it just pissed me off so I took it off and went back to stock. Still thinking whether to return it or drive down to LA to their office.
yeah same here. when I first got it, I had no control over the ac. then I found out it was set on crv. so I played around with the setting and with mrturtles help, I figured out most of the necessary functions bit still not sure which canbox is correct. I feel that your unit and my unit are different from what the other users here have.

aflores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yeah same here. when I first got it, I had no control over the ac. then I found out it was set on crv. so I played around with the setting and with mrturtles help, I figured out most of the necessary functions bit still not sure which canbox is correct. I feel that your unit and my unit are different from what the other users here have.
100%, when I first received it I thought it was the wrong one since there is no metal part sticking in the back and there was no place to transfer the bracket. When I was able to use it for like 30 mins it was pretty nice, but I felt it was very glitchy. Still unsure whether to return or stay with it.
Sponsored