9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

Law

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
That amazon one is the same one I purchased but $100 bucks more. My shipment from China was delivered in about 3 days - they send it out express

Logix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
si
Country flag
I ordered the newest one with the wireless carplay. I'm also running a pair of 12" alpine subs and replaced all the speakers. No problems so far and I've had it installed for about 3 weeks now. I have a 2017 Hatchback EX. The lane watch camera works fine - there's a slight delay when I turn on my directional but it's not a big deal - you could just turn on your signal a second earlier than you normally would. The unit boots up quick and auto connects to phone (I have an Iphone XR). Sound is pretty good but the radio antenna isn't great. I play off Itunes/Spotify and a flash drive so this isn't the biggest issue to me. Steering wheel controls all work perfect. Fairly easy install - all plug and play. Here's the unit I bought and this is the best price you'll find. After hours and hours of research I determined the Daisata units were the best of the android head units so I made sure to buy one of those.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32992517178.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.26624c4dPyUNJh
IS it rootable?

Logix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
si
Country flag
I'm not sure - I didn't try to root it
I will give it ago when mine arrives and post the methods to xda or here for you guys root lets you get hacked youtube and disable all ads in browser customize bootlogo's etc like honda hack but also lets you run better kernels etc that make the unit faster/better

Legato

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Can anyone help with syncing contacts? Just installed my headunit today.
If you have an iPhone you can go to your Bluetooth options, select your android radio, press the circled ( i ) icon, then you have to select to turn on “Sync Contacts” for whatever reason it’s not automatically turned on.

JessC

First Name
Jes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Installed it this weekend, I'm very pleased. Everything worked out of the box except the backup camera. I'm chatting with support on FB about getting the backup camera to work but I'll comb these forums for any solutions. The wireless carplay works like a dream though, boots up super quick.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_8941

ripcord291

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Platinum White Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed it this weekend, I'm very pleased. Everything worked out of the box except the backup camera. I'm chatting with support on FB about getting the backup camera to work but I'll comb these forums for any solutions. The wireless carplay works like a dream though, boots up super quick.

IMG_8941.jpg
so everything works but back up? lane cam work? you have a link where you got yours?

JessC

First Name
Jes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

Darthprater

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
There is so much info on here, getting started on reading 40+ pages is a pretty grueling task. If any of you are up to it, here’s the bit of info im looking for.
I have a 2020 Si sedan. Would I be able to install one of these aftermarket head units, retain my center channel, or at least its functionality in the stereo channels, as well as run a new amplifier and dsp? If so, how do I even begin doing this? The stock external amp supposedly has a built-in DSP that Honda tried to use to polish a turd (the speakers they chose) with and it’s all over the place in terms of gain and crossovers...I mean...40 hz low pass on the sub?? Crazy.

I have 2 sets of focal component speaker/tweeters, as well as a sub/amp/wiring kit and NVX’s version of the lc2i on the way. How can I gain control of my system...what would I need to do with this head unit, and an external amp/DSP without spending a small fortune? Thanks.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Any troubleshooting steps for the original USB port not working?
There's a setting in the Android Head Unit I believe under "Developer Options" or something to that effect. I forgot what the setting is called, but you can select the file types you are trying to transfer so it will successfully connect.

MikeM1991

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 19' Sport Touring with the 7" Head Unit with Nav. Are these units still able to go into my car? I'd read elsewhere they're not? Unsure.

Only thought about this because of how slow and laggy the stock unit's are. They're so bad.

Also, is Android Auto able to work with my phone? (I'm aware its an android device but can I still plug straight in or is it a case of using mobile hotspot?)

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I have a 19' Sport Touring with the 7" Head Unit with Nav. Are these units still able to go into my car? I'd read elsewhere they're not? Unsure.

Only thought about this because of how slow and laggy the stock unit's are. They're so bad.

Also, is Android Auto able to work with my phone? (I'm aware its an android device but can I still plug straight in or is it a case of using mobile hotspot?)
Yes should work with yours. It basically plug and play. Sometimes you gotta mess with the settings to get everything how you want. The newer ones come with Apple CarPlay and android auto already in the headunit.
Sponsored