9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Did you do any additional wiring (for reusing the stock mic. and / or GPS antenna)?
I had someone install it for me to replace my Pioneer. So we pulled the Pioneer mic and just put this one in. I'm not sure what he did for GPS but everything is working perfectly.
Sponsored

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
So one thing I can't figure out. When streaming from your phone via Bluetooth it uses A2DP and that works perfect. If I open A2DP it displays the song name and all that flawlessly. However, on the home screen it just shows that I'm playing A2DP. I've tried the stock launcher as well as a few third party ones and they all do this. Has anyone found a way to have the song names and info displayed on the main screen as well? In the picture I posted above you can see it just says 'Music'.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Radio lasted about 6 months, warranty returned, lasted about a month, just threw it in the trash after that. Would never recommend this trash.

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
So one thing I can't figure out. When streaming from your phone via Bluetooth it uses A2DP and that works perfect. If I open A2DP it displays the song name and all that flawlessly. However, on the home screen it just shows that I'm playing A2DP. I've tried the stock launcher as well as a few third party ones and they all do this. Has anyone found a way to have the song names and info displayed on the main screen as well? In the picture I posted above you can see it just says 'Music'.
On mine I since I have Apple Music, I downloaded the Apple Music app and it shows correctly when what song I’m playing. I couldn’t get the song info with the A2DP app either.

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
On mine I since I have Apple Music, I downloaded the Apple Music app and it shows correctly when what song I’m playing. I couldn’t get the song info with the A2DP app either.
But then you're playing Apple Music straight from the head unit rather than the phone I assume?

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
But then you're playing Apple Music straight from the head unit rather than the phone I assume?
Yea I’m playing Apple Music straight from the headunit. I have the agama car launcher loaded on mine and it displays song name and album artwork

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Yea I’m playing Apple Music straight from the headunit. I have the agama car launcher loaded on mine and it displays song name and album artwork

Yea.. I have no issue with it displaying titles on any app that I'm running directly on the head unit. Just when I stream from my phone.

_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
Has anyone running a Dasaita headunit gotten tuner view to work? When I go into the bluetooth settings I can see the ktuner as an available option. But when I open tuner view and try to connect, it doesn't list the ktuner as an available option to connect to (it's not shown).

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Blue Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
AM/FM Dasaita actually includes TWO extra harness to bypass the factory radio module as the "Amplified" harness that comes out of the radio is not meant to be plugged into my EX factory harness. Access the factory radio module in the rear passenger trim and disconnect all cables and use the provided harness with the green end to bypass the module. Then with the other standalone antenna adapter connects to the factory antenna wire behind the radio then into the radio. HD Radio is now received loud and clear with stations and song name shown
@rplush Thank you for the detailed write-up. I ordered the same Dasaita PX6 unit, and the only issue left is the crappy radio reception issue. I looked at the picture you linked to, and for the life of me, I can't figure out where the factory radio module is located. You mentioned it's "in the rear passenger trim", but can you elaborate on that, please?

Nice write up. A lot of good information. Can you post a pic of the CarPlay Dashboard screen when navigation is active? One thing I hate about the stock unit is how it only shows the ETA on the dashboard due to its size. I believe the bigger units show more information. Wanting to confirm.
@se7encrows in case you're still interested, here's how the wireless carplay dashboard appears on this head unit. Doesn't look that different from the layout of the factory head unit.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) wireless_carplay_dasaita_px6_9inch

EDIT - by the way, I have a 2019 EX-L, and everything worked pretty much out of the box with this... pretty much the same as what rplush described.

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Answered my previous question about the location of the FM radio module. In case it helps others, here you go:
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) radio_module01

Lift up the seat cushion a bit to reveal the screw that needs removed:
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) radio_module02

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) radio_module03

And then just like @rplush described, I used the included cable (from the Dasaita 9" PX6 head unit) to bypass the FM radio module. All 3 cables are unplugged from the module and then plugged into the special cable like so:
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) radio_module04

Now the radio reception is working perfectly.

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Answered my previous question about the location of the FM radio module. In case it helps others, here you go:
radio_module01.png

radio_module02.png

radio_module03.png

And then just like @rplush described, I used the included cable (from the Dasaita 9" PX6 head unit) to bypass the FM radio module. All 3 cables are unplugged from the module and then plugged into the special cable like so:
radio_module04.png

Thanks for the pics! This helps out so much. I didn’t even know there was a FM module there.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
radio_module01.png

radio_module02.png

radio_module03.png

radio_module04.png

After seeing your post, I just realized I still have those same cables leftover from when I installed the Dasaita PX5 into my 2017 LX Coupe. Currently my AM/FM seems to work fine, though I haven't really listened to radio enough to notice anything weird about it.
Do those radio bypass cables apply to the base LX trim? Or are those only needed for the higher trims with the factory amp? I'm just wondering if there's any benefit to using them or whether that even applies to my LX. Thanks!

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do those radio bypass cables apply to the base LX trim? Or are those only needed for the higher trims with the factory amp? I'm just wondering if there's any benefit to using them or whether that even applies to my LX. Thanks!
Sorry, I don't know if the same radio module is in the LX or not. I have an EX-L. I would say if your radio is working fine, then leave it alone. The FM reception was obviously crappy on mine, so if I had to take a guess, you may not have that same external radio module if yours seemed ok.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Sorry, I don't know if the same radio module is in the LX or not. I have an EX-L. I would say if your radio is working fine, then leave it alone. The FM reception was obviously crappy on mine, so if I had to take a guess, you may not have that same external radio module if yours seemed ok.
It looks to be a different part #, so that's good to know that I can just just leave it be then. Thanks!
Sponsored