9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

azonc

First Name
Azon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019Civic LX4Dsedan, 2015Odyssey EX, 2010Civic LX
Country flag
Anyone use SYGAV Android 11 HU? It sell on Amazon, easy return. It is pricey $550. $100 more than Joying one w/o volume knob. but get IPS screen. I saw Joying, SYGAV & Dasaita on sale on Amazon. Which one is better?
Sponsored

Misa33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Hatchback Sport Plus
Country flag
Does anyone knows if Joying supports Honda Sensing Suite configuration settings? Eg settings for Collision Mitigation Braking System or Traffic Sign Recognition?

JayTee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Does anyone knows if Joying supports Honda Sensing Suite configuration settings? Eg settings for Collision Mitigation Braking System or Traffic Sign Recognition and I'm not sure about the braking
Are those on the 11th gen? 10th doesn't have sign recognition and I'm not sure about the braking

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
So I just purchased a Navifly M500s from aliexpress. What am I in for?

sparco12321

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I Just installed my Joying 9" 8gb/128gb head unit. Everything works fine, except for the maintenance info. Can't check the maintenance minder. Anybody who had a fix for this?
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1670292487375

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s been almost 2 years since I had the unit and it has finally died. Receiving a pure white screen. Reset did not work. Removing power don’t work. I really enjoyed it while it lasted but the hassle and time. Sticking with the tried and true stock radio.
If it were me, i'd probably throw another $200 chinese unit in there and hope for another 2 years. The stock 5'' unit is truly horrible. Navifly has even cheaper options, if you don't mind a slight downgrade in speed/storage.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
If it were me, i'd probably throw another $200 chinese unit in there and hope for another 2 years. The stock 5'' unit is truly horrible. Navifly has even cheaper options, if you don't mind a slight downgrade in speed/storage.
I’ll gladly deal with the slight incompatibility and quirks the Joying unit has, over keeping and using the stock head unit. I know there are decent stock head units out there, my 2019 and 2020 Si both were rock solid and never gave me an issue, but this 2021 R one was horrendous. My friends 2016 Accord has the same head unit basically and hers crashes daily but she’s just grown used to it. Crazy…

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ll gladly deal with the slight incompatibility and quirks the Joying unit has, over keeping and using the stock head unit. I know there are decent stock head units out there, my 2019 and 2020 Si both were rock solid and never gave me an issue, but this 2021 R one was horrendous. My friends 2016 Accord has the same head unit basically and hers crashes daily but she’s just grown used to it. Crazy…
I almost got a Joying but I really couldn't stomach the price at the moment so I ended up with a Navifly. Even that cheap sub $200 unit + $70 Rockford Fosgate speakers in the front sound better than my previous '19 Si. Mirrors are literally shaking when I have the volume turned half way up lol. It's crazy. And the Android unit is wayyy faster than the 7" in the Si. Only time will tell about its longevity though.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
I almost got a Joying but I really couldn't stomach the price at the moment so I ended up with a Navifly. Even that cheap sub $200 unit + $70 Rockford Fosgate speakers in the front sound better than my previous '19 Si. Mirrors are literally shaking when I have the volume turned half way up lol. It's crazy. And the Android unit is wayyy faster than the 7" in the Si. Only time will tell about its longevity though.
I have the M400.....and instead of changing the stock speakers, I added in sound dampening.....HUGE HUGE difference in sound quality. I can crank up the stock speakers with the M400 headset and it sounds AMAZING.....super clear.....NO vibration on door frames from cranked up base.....really improves the highs and lows.....and the doors sound like BMW doors....firm when you close them.

Before and After.....did it in under an hour per door. I used 5 Sqft per door for 85% door coverage....basically did not cut them except for a few pieces....just fit the squares in the cavity. So it cost about $25 for two doors.

Sound Deadening Mat

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1670609061971
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1670609094503

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have the M400.....and instead of changing the stock speakers, I added in sound dampening.....HUGE HUGE difference in sound quality. I can crank up the stock speakers with the M400 headset and it sounds AMAZING.....super clear.....NO vibration on door frames from cranked up base.....really improves the highs and lows.....and the doors sound like BMW doors....firm when you close them.

Before and After.....did it in under an hour per door. I used 5 Sqft per door for 85% door coverage....basically did not cut them except for a few pieces....just fit the squares in the cavity. So it cost about $25 for two doors.

Sound Deadening Mat

1670609061971.png
1670609094503.png
That was actually what I had in mind as my next mod, so that link will come in handy! Btw, thanks for the advice on wiring the backup cam. Got it working ez pz.

J19wheels

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Does anyone else with the 9 in joying head unit specifically for the civic know what car model setting to put it on. I currently have it set to this but I’m not sure if it’s right. My car is a 2019 civic sport hatch.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) image

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone else with the 9 in joying head unit specifically for the civic know what car model setting to put it on. I currently have it set to this but I’m not sure if it’s right. My car is a 2019 civic sport hatch.
image.jpg
If you go back in this thread, it is mentioned about 650 times. I believe in CAN Box Type you would select RAZR or something like that.
Honeslty I refunded mine because I could not get it to work after like 30 hours of trying.

BEst of Luck!

J19wheels

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
If you go back in this thread, it is mentioned about 650 times. I believe in CAN Box Type you would select RAZR or something like that.
Honeslty I refunded mine because I could not get it to work after like 30 hours of trying.

BEst of Luck!
I set mine to that but it doesn’t work properly I believe there is different ones for each individual model and trim so I was wondering which one matches the civic sport hatch

HaxForNox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback sport
Country flag
So I bought an m500 almost 2 years ago but for reason android auto and carplay has stopped working.

Anyone encounter this before? I've tried factory resetting and contacting navifly for an update they just send me a file to the newer m500s which doesn't work ofc.
Sponsored