9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7 6MT (Hatch Sport)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1656352766158

I don't believe this image is from our unit, but it's a close enough illustration. I had to make sure the video cable was connected correctly. On my initial installation, when the camera wasn't showing up on the screen, I had to make change how the connection was made in that male-to-female coupling in the center of the screen. I'd somehow hooked it up incorrectly, but when I tried a different connection combination, it worked fine.

I know that's vague, but I hope it helps. I responded to your query because my initial hookup also didn't yield a backup camera image, and I had to reconnect things in order to get it working. I'm 90% sure it wasn't anything with a menu setting. It was the physical connection.
Sponsored

aegean_fc4

First Name
Shavida
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX-P coupe
Country flag
I do have that exact phone holder. Right when I got my car I got that phone holder and a visor mounted sunglasses holder. That holder is great!
The main problem is that I find my phone screen is just too small for navigation. But also notifications constantly pop up and I have to close them so the usability isn't great. Navigation also drains my phone battery rather fast so I have to have it plugged into a charger and then theres the charger cord hanging everywhere.

I'll be interested if you have any problems with your Joying.
It seems like most of the people here who have had some problems with the Joyings all had the factory touchscreen radios with many more things wired through them than the 5" radios have.
I also have that radio installed for a few months now. 17 coupe with the ugly radio as well. The only issue I’ve had was a one off where the Bluetooth music player glitched out. I was stationary so all I had to do was restart the car, had I been moving it would’ve been annoying. Other than that it’s been great. Sound quality with factory speakers is greatly improved, usb/ back up camera functionality retained and it was all plug & play for me. I didn’t have to tap into any wires. I’d say if you’re in the market for a radio this is a good one to get. Theres also a newer one with an additional knob on the right side of knobs are your thing.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) E5D926CC-0432-454C-A2BB-E1FD63D77D61

vactor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3, 981
Country flag
I also have that radio installed for a few months now. 17 coupe with the ugly radio as well. The only issue I’ve had was a one off where the Bluetooth music player glitched out. I was stationary so all I had to do was restart the car, had I been moving it would’ve been annoying. Other than that it’s been great. Sound quality with factory speakers is greatly improved, usb/ back up camera functionality retained and it was all plug & play for me. I didn’t have to tap into any wires. I’d say if you’re in the market for a radio this is a good one to get. Theres also a newer one with an additional knob on the right side of knobs are your thing.
E5D926CC-0432-454C-A2BB-E1FD63D77D61.jpeg
which radio is this?

gdagreat

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic ex hatchback
Country flag

are you able to download any app from the android app store? is there any lag using apps? ty

aegean_fc4

First Name
Shavida
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX-P coupe
Country flag
are you able to download any app from the android app store? is there any lag using apps? ty
I haven’t downloaded many apps, just the standard Hulu, YouTube, things like that. No lag though. Works great, looks great. Highly recommend.

calvin13386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
what's the main difference between this 9" and the 10" model? I see quite a few people getting the 9" instead of the 10", so was wondering is the 10" having some issue or what because usually people will go for bigger screen at the first instinct. Also does the radio able to display the lane watch camera too?

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
what's the main difference between this 9" and the 10" model? I see quite a few people getting the 9" instead of the 10", so was wondering is the 10" having some issue or what because usually people will go for bigger screen at the first instinct. Also does the radio able to display the lane watch camera too?
I can speak for the Joying ones. I went 10.5” because I wanted the largest screen. However I sort of wish I went 9” because it has volume knob but also doesn’t block the vents above it as much. It also has a built in microphone versus having to use an external one with the other models. Lanewatch camera does work, you just have to enable it within one of the menus first.

aegean_fc4

First Name
Shavida
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX-P coupe
Country flag
Bigger is not always better. 10” doesn’t have a volume knob & the screen blocks the vents. I specifically went for the the 9”, & wouldn’t gone for an 8” if it was available, to block as little of the vent as possible. Knob was a must for me as well. Whatever functions you have will be retained. The lane watch works if you have it currently.

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
went with 9" as well for the same reasons already stated. Once you get everything connected correctly, seems to work well. The sound is definately much improved

calvin13386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
thanks for all the input guys. Guess the 9" will be in my consideration if i decided to go ahead with it. By the way I heard previously some users complained of static buzzing noise or radio reception not good, have these issues been resolved or it's still present, just a hit or miss?

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
thanks for all the input guys. Guess the 9" will be in my consideration if i decided to go ahead with it. By the way I heard previously some users complained of static buzzing noise or radio reception not good, have these issues been resolved or it's still present, just a hit or miss?
Still happening for me with the hissing noise, don’t use FM radio much at all but know it was a little weaker than stock. The hissing noise I’m going to try a solution at some point since their support hasn’t solved it yet. Not a big deal and I’ve gotten used to it. I barely hear it anymore and usually only when volume is lower, etc.

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If the humming is prevalent on in FM mode, it could be the alternator.

Back in the day, when cars were a lot simpler, we would have to do things like Magnetically shield the alternator wires and sometimes the back of the radio.
Often a line shield would have to be installed as well. It mostly helped.
I believe it was due to the alternator creating a small electrical field that messed with the signal.
Not a problem for most since FM radio is rather antiquated and no longer a big use.
All of this could be bullshit and I’m wrong but it’s what we used to deal with years ago.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
If the humming is prevalent on in FM mode, it could be the alternator.

Back in the day, when cars were a lot simpler, we would have to do things like Magnetically shield the alternator wires and sometimes the back of the radio.
Often a line shield would have to be installed as well. It mostly helped.
I believe it was due to the alternator creating a small electrical field that messed with the signal.
Not a problem for most since FM radio is rather antiquated and no longer a big use.
All of this could be bullshit and I’m wrong but it’s what we used to deal with years ago.
Sadly nothing to do in relation to FM and even happens when car is completely off and in accessory mode only. Doesn’t increase in volume or change pattern. I’ve had vehicles in the past with that and solved it, but this one is definitely different. I think it’s the “signal” wire that turns on the stock amplifier from the Joying radio having noise. I’m going to track the wire down and see about having it get the turn on signal from another clean source and see if it helps.
Sponsored