9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Shoot ok I may need to see if I can switch. Ya I can't stand the stock screen, so slow and outdated
If it helps too, I know when I ordered mine, it took a few days to ship. It actually had like a build date the day before it shipped, so that was nice! I’m sure either way you can’t go wrong. At least on Ali you can prob get it for less with the upcoming sale. Make sure for either order you tell them you need the correct harness for the factory amplifier option. This is what I sent them, that was on one of their listings.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) EE7E4AF6-68EC-4F43-99F2-61A96150DF92
Sponsored

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Did upgrading to this change anything about the digital instrument cluster? I’m wondering about the navigation function specifically.
Navigation, song info and volume control do not currently show up on the gauge cluster. Not a huge deal for me though.

JayTee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
If it helps too, I know when I ordered mine, it took a few days to ship. It actually had like a build date the day before it shipped, so that was nice! I’m sure either way you can’t go wrong. At least on Ali you can prob get it for less with the upcoming sale. Make sure for either order you tell them you need the correct harness for the factory amplifier option. This is what I sent them, that was on one of their listings.
EE7E4AF6-68EC-4F43-99F2-61A96150DF92.jpeg
Awesome thanks man, I made the switch. Looks like the main difference with the 10.5" is we get a slightly lower screen resolution but it's probably not even noticeable. Have you tested out the wireless Android Auto or Carplay yet ?

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Awesome thanks man, I made the switch. Looks like the main difference with the 10.5" is we get a slightly lower screen resolution but it's probably not even noticeable. Have you tested out the wireless Android Auto or Carplay yet ?
Yeah I saw that and it’s honestly not noticeable for me, it looks great. The backup camera is so bad tho, but that’s the camera itself.

I’ve been using wireless CarPlay since day 1 and it’s fantastic. Faster than when I was using the adapter before with the factory radio. Sound quality is great with the EQ working with it and I also have the CarQiWireless charging pad to go with it.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) DDC17710-C2B9-446A-BD6E-E59AEA3A3B55

JayTee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Yeah I saw that and it’s honestly not noticeable for me, it looks great. The backup camera is so bad tho, but that’s the camera itself.

I’ve been using wireless CarPlay since day 1 and it’s fantastic. Faster than when I was using the adapter before with the factory radio. Sound quality is great with the EQ working with it and I also have the CarQiWireless charging pad to go with it.

DDC17710-C2B9-446A-BD6E-E59AEA3A3B55.jpeg
Nice. Is that a better charging pad than the stock one?

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Would this work for a Touring?
Does it include controls for stuff like TPMS etc?
You can reset TPMS and maintenance minder. It should work for the touring. I have the CTR which technically is a touring level and has the touring audio system.

Nice. Is that a better charging pad than the stock one?
Stock one is too expensive and I don’t have too much experience with it. Installation is way more involved with the stock one, even though not terrible. This took 10 seconds to install and works fantastic. Plus it’s only $40.

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Hi guys anybody using airplay or screen mirroring on these headunits? I tried 5-6 different app from playstore nothing worked. I have an iPhone, wanna try airplay or screen mirroring..

OP
OP
DrToothache

DrToothache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can reset TPMS and maintenance minder. It should work for the touring. I have the CTR which technically is a touring level and has the touring audio system.

Stock one is too expensive and I don’t have too much experience with it. Installation is way more involved with the stock one, even though not terrible. This took 10 seconds to install and works fantastic. Plus it’s only $40.
Does the screen auto-dim with the instrument cluster and when you turn the knob to set the brightness of interior lighting?

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Does the screen auto-dim with the instrument cluster and when you turn the knob to set the brightness of interior lighting?
Yupp! I did have to install and app to dim the display more at night, since even the lowest setting was still way too bright.

taz1458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Does anyone happen to know if there is an aftermarket Head Unit that supports SiriusXM? I would use my phone app but there are several spots near me where cell coverage is very spotty. I need a new unit, but if none of the aftermarket ones have this I'll just buy a used one from a junkyard. I've dug around on here and haven't had much luck. Thanks in advance.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Does anyone happen to know if there is an aftermarket Head Unit that supports SiriusXM? I would use my phone app but there are several spots near me where cell coverage is very spotty. I need a new unit, but if none of the aftermarket ones have this I'll just buy a used one from a junkyard. I've dug around on here and haven't had much luck. Thanks in advance.
Nah they don’t support it that I’ve seen.

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey!
I've searched a bunch through this thread, and can't find the exact fix to my issues. I've installed a Navifly M400 (from another user on here) and found the way to fix the backup camera (t-tap fix). I have other issues. It won't do anything else advertised. No android auto/carplay, no internet nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Again, I apologize for starting up another conversation about this.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 20220306_181540

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 20220306_181724

nikkon

First Name
Mihai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5T
Country flag