9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
Let me share my experience from aftermaket HU.
I installed this one:
https://www.joyingauto.eu/joying-4g-lte-honda-civic-car-stereo-android-8-1-0-car-audio-system.html
I chose Joying cause seemed most complete device with good support (according to people).
At the beginning I was thrilled and even proposed other to consider it as a good choise.
Now I'm planning installing back my OEM HU!

I miss some functions that are not supported (TPMS, Cross Traffic Monitor, correct lines on reverse)

But there are other things that didn't expect and no one had mentioned before I buy it and try myself.
1) the Airplane mode does not stay on after sleep-wake up (or restart). Using a twin sim with my phone made a conflict with 2 identical cards online.
2) The SD card is a joke!! A main reason I wanted this HU. To use a 256GB and store a lot of music in HQ. Even a 64 GB gives me errors. Moreover, no app has write permission to the SD card!! So, no download for Spotify (and the likes). Even when Musicolet read the card, some time later starts to behave like crazy.
3) The info screen of the Clima is quite big and pops up on every single change of the fan speed or the air flow direction. It happened to extra annoying while in navigation! If you disable it, you don't know what temperature you set it...
From the support the answer was like "this is how it works". They even suggested to use their (awful) player for playing from SD card! (well... No upgrade compared to Honda's player :doh:)
All in all, I'm returning back to OEM. Such a waste of 350€!!

Thank you for your honesty. I appreciate that a lot. That's what I was thinking. Either there's a good or, there's not. Sounds like the latter.
Sponsored

GACivic19

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
There are a ton of posts in this thread so please excuse if I missed something trying to find a cure.

I Purchased a Navifly M400 last year about this time, has been working fine up until last week when I lost the reverse camera. When I go into reverse, the backup screen comes up, guidelines appear, but I get a small pop up window that states there is no video input from the reverse camera.

I pulled the Navifly and installed the OEM head unit and the camera works fine. Reinstalled the Navifly and nothing again.

Anyone have any clue what might help in getting back the reverse camera? Everything else works fine. All connectors and wiring seems to be well connected.

Help.........

Follow up - Well, for anyone that might be curious as to the solution, it was pretty simple. This morning I went to the camera settings, and changed the setting from Auto to PAL, to NTSC. I cannot remember which one it was now, but one of them allowed the video to show but the video was flickering, I went to the other and it was stable. I went back to Auto again and left it there just out of curiosity to see how long it would last again. So in the end I guess it was just a few bits hanging up in programming and a change of settings allowed everything to work again.

Last edited:

ynot0002

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Civic LX
Country flag
Thank you. I saw that but, did not know if they meant mine or not and genuinely was curious. I appreciate the courtesy you show people when answering genuine questions on a site meant to help people learn things, thank you..

What radio would be the best possible one then?
I believe that the sub is only for a factory sub. The CC3 has optical output but also RCA plugs and a separate sub. Where I believe the factory sub is in the main wire and not compatible with the cc3.

azonc

First Name
Azon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019Civic LX4Dsedan, 2015Odyssey EX, 2010Civic LX
Country flag

ynot0002

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Civic LX
Country flag
Would it work for my si though?
I wouldn’t see why not

let us know the order and install. I am interesting this one too. Thank you.
page 111 I posted a picture. The order went fine. Took about 2 weeks. Got all you need, plus and upgraded rear camera. Installing was time consuming, mostly because I took my time. Plug and play really. All steering wheel buttons work just fine.

tareqhatab

First Name
Tareq
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2017 & 1999
Country flag
Hi All
I installed a 9" android head unit from China for my car Honda Civic 2017, android version 6.0.1
recently Youtube don't work and asked me to update the android system
build number for android in head unit is :
K2001_YZG_S212104.20141014.10492661
and i try to find an update on internet but i cant
is there any update or upgrade for this head unit to android 8 or 9
please help

thanks you

Hegy

First Name
Eugeny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X LX 2.0
Country flag
Hello!

I've installed Navifly M500 4G 64G

I can charge my phone using any of 3 USB ports but I can't read any USB drives (fat32, 8gb, 16Gb, mp3, mp4)

I've made factory reset. Maybe I shold change some settings to make USB work?

Seller doesn't tell me anything helpful :(
I've tried to serch in this thread but didn't find any solution :(

I've tried to change USB computer connection mode in developer options but it gives me anything.

Please help.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 2021-12-23 20.24.32_
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 2021-12-23 20.24.35
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 2021-12-24 11.15.10

gnagis

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Plus
Country flag
sorry for not reading 112 pages....

is there still no solution for the models with oem amplifiers?
i fking hate my slow shit headunit.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag

I have a Type R that has the factory amplifier and plan use the new Joying 10.5”. Ordering it next month. A few others on here have installed Joying models recently and have gotten the sound to work. I confirmed with their support that this model does work with the factory amplifier for sound.

https://www.joyingauto.com/joying-n...-for-honda-civic-2016-2017-plug-and-play.html

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 02E28A15-BD88-4B9F-A2C5-DBE7531E1E3E

JayTee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag

JayTee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag

I hate it too. Worst thing about the car. Looks like there might finally be a solution for us!

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Touring coupe
Country flag

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base