9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

runner001

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX, 2011 Odyssey
Country flag
I'd love to know how zlink works because I never figured that out.
Sponsored

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 86B9876A-58CB-4716-8D34-DA924D9B500C

update, they told me to factory reset the unit. and carplay/android auto no longer function at all. now since it doesn’t work anymore they want me to pay to ship it back to china and have it repaired…

Last edited:

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
86B9876A-58CB-4716-8D34-DA924D9B500C.jpeg

update, they told me to factory reset the unit. and carplay/android auto no longer function at all. now since it doesn’t work anymore they want me to pay to ship it back to china and have it repaired…
Sorry.....missed your request earlier.

The two places I check.....the bottom one is in russian...but it has a lot of information!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/android-head-units.4267/
https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showforum=636

If you get the chipset information from your radio....they have firmware, plus a lot of turbo geeks to help.....sucks that Navifly is not paying for fixing what they asked you to do....ugh.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sorry.....missed your request earlier.

The two places I check.....the bottom one is in russian...but it has a lot of information!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/android-head-units.4267/
https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showforum=636

If you get the chipset information from your radio....they have firmware, plus a lot of turbo geeks to help.....sucks that Navifly is not paying for fixing what they asked you to do....ugh.
Final update on this and I’ll stop spamming everyone with my problems lol

After a few more days of back and forth with customer service, they were finally able to remotely activate Zlink on my device… surprise…

So I never had to send it in.

I also found out that most if not all of these devices are capable of Wireless Carplay and AA. This is news to me because I was told by them multiple times that my model did not support it. Turns out all they need to do is activate it..

anyway, now i have features I didn’t have before and my steering wheel controls seem fine (at least for now)

runner001

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX, 2011 Odyssey
Country flag
Would you mind sharing more details on how you got them to do that? How long ago was your purchase? Did they try to say that it was past warranty or something so they wouldn't have to help?

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Would you mind sharing more details on how you got them to do that? How long ago was your purchase? Did they try to say that it was past warranty or something so they wouldn't have to help?
I contacted Navifly through the Aliexpress messenger. My purchase was 14 months ago. They honestly didn't mention anything about the warranty expiring. However, it seemed like the customer service team has little to no idea how these things work and have to check with an engineer for every little troubleshooting step, which I'm assuming is why this took so long.

They did however try to get me to send it in because they were under the impression it was a hardware issue and something I caused, which ended up not being the case.

As for actually activating the different types of Zlink (wireless carplay enabled/wired connection only/etc) I ended up sending a picture of the Activation QR code from the Zlink menu (there are multiple codes depending on what features you want). I'm assuming my unit was previously only activated for "Wired Carplay/Wired Android Auto". So to test my theory I sent them the Activation QR code for everything enabled, not just wired. To my surprise this actually worked.

WORD OF CAUTION FOR EVERYONE IN HERE

Be very careful when factory resetting these units. On both android units I've had to this point resetting either caused

A. Zlink and some other stock apps needed to be reinstalled from the unit's internal storage
B. Zlink becomes deactivated, needs to be connected to wifi and reactivated via the internal menus or through customer service

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
I contacted Navifly through the Aliexpress messenger. My purchase was 14 months ago. They honestly didn't mention anything about the warranty expiring. However, it seemed like the customer service team has little to no idea how these things work and have to check with an engineer for every little troubleshooting step, which I'm assuming is why this took so long.

They did however try to get me to send it in because they were under the impression it was a hardware issue and something I caused, which ended up not being the case.

As for actually activating the different types of Zlink (wireless carplay enabled/wired connection only/etc) I ended up sending a picture of the Activation QR code from the Zlink menu (there are multiple codes depending on what features you want). I'm assuming my unit was previously only activated for "Wired Carplay/Wired Android Auto". So to test my theory I sent them the Activation QR code for everything enabled, not just wired. To my surprise this actually worked.

WORD OF CAUTION FOR EVERYONE IN HERE

Be very careful when factory resetting these units. On both android units I've had to this point resetting either caused

A. Zlink and some other stock apps needed to be reinstalled from the unit's internal storage
B. Zlink becomes deactivated, needs to be connected to wifi and reactivated via the internal menus or through customer service
Ahhhh.....so based on your latest email....they did not have to "remote" into your device.....but they used the QR codes to remotely activate the "codes" to your device...? Just guessing here. It's funny....I have the opposite issue.....my wireless carplay works great, but there is no selection for Wired carplay.

But I am using Tlink....and not Zlink......not sure why this one came standard on my unit, but I see no reason to mess with it based on the hassle you just went through.

Also....it looks like the factory reset just put you back onto the same software....but not a new version....correct...?

Great news...btw...! Glad you're back up and functioning....because I love my M400...best thing I have ever done for $198! It is still just amazing compared to the stock crappy no touch screen radio.

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag

ynot0002

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Civic LX
Country flag
Just installed Teyes CC3. So far so it’s the best unit I have used.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 00606F0C-ACDA-4CBE-928D-80542AF5B74E

fatwuuu

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
Has anyone been able to get the right camera on the HU when using the right turn signal? I've activated the option in the settings and just get a blank screen now. On the back of the unit there was only one yellow connection and I was only able to choose to plug in the rear camera or the right one.

2018 Civic EX

kostas

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch 1.5 Sport Plus
Country flag
I have a 2019 si is this the best radio for me to get to just easily swap in the radio and not have to do anything else? I'm good at wiring etc. just don't want to have to mess with the original amp or anything like that is all.

I have a 12" sub in my trunk that I tapped into the mid sub in my back window.

TEYES CC3 For Honda Civic 10 FC FK 2015 2020 Car Radio Multimedia Video Player Navigation stereo GPS Android 10 No 2din 2 din dvd|Car Multimedia Player| - AliExpress
From the page that you shared...!!
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) Screenshot 2021-11-23 192045

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
From the page that you shared...!!
Screenshot 2021-11-23 192045.png

Thank you. I saw that but, did not know if they meant mine or not and genuinely was curious. I appreciate the courtesy you show people when answering genuine questions on a site meant to help people learn things, thank you..

What radio would be the best possible one then?

kostas

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch 1.5 Sport Plus
Country flag
Thank you. I saw that but, did not know if they meant mine or not and genuinely was curious. I appreciate the courtesy you show people when answering genuine questions on a site meant to help people learn things, thank you..

What radio would be the best possible one then?
Let me share my experience from aftermaket HU.
I installed this one:
https://www.joyingauto.eu/joying-4g-lte-honda-civic-car-stereo-android-8-1-0-car-audio-system.html
I chose Joying cause seemed most complete device with good support (according to people).
At the beginning I was thrilled and even proposed other to consider it as a good choise.
Now I'm planning installing back my OEM HU!

I miss some functions that are not supported (TPMS, Cross Traffic Monitor, correct lines on reverse)

But there are other things that didn't expect and no one had mentioned before I buy it and try myself.
1) the Airplane mode does not stay on after sleep-wake up (or restart). Using a twin sim with my phone made a conflict with 2 identical cards online.
2) The SD card is a joke!! A main reason I wanted this HU. To use a 256GB and store a lot of music in HQ. Even a 64 GB gives me errors. Moreover, no app has write permission to the SD card!! So, no download for Spotify (and the likes). Even when Musicolet read the card, some time later starts to behave like crazy.
3) The info screen of the Clima is quite big and pops up on every single change of the fan speed or the air flow direction. It happened to extra annoying while in navigation! If you disable it, you don't know what temperature you set it...
From the support the answer was like "this is how it works". They even suggested to use their (awful) player for playing from SD card! (well... No upgrade compared to Honda's player :doh:)
All in all, I'm returning back to OEM. Such a waste of 350€!!
Sponsored