9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

runner001

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX, 2011 Odyssey
Country flag
Caldersm44, I've been in super slow communication with the seller. They're trying really hard not do a return or exchange. In the latest communication from them, they sent a pic of what's supposed to be connected to the back (as indicated by black arrows).

I checked out the pic I took of mine and see nothing plugged into one of the spots they indicated. What's your take on it? Or anyone else who has an idea? Did I plug something in the wrong place of miss something entirely?

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) Screenshot_20210712-100651_Gallery

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
Caldersm44, I've been in super slow communication with the seller. They're trying really hard not do a return or exchange. In the latest communication from them, they sent a pic of what's supposed to be connected to the back (as indicated by black arrows).

I checked out the pic I took of mine and see nothing plugged into one of the spots they indicated. What's your take on it? Or anyone else who has an idea? Did I plug something in the wrong place of miss something entirely?

Screenshot_20210712-100651_Gallery.jpg
Every port that you have plugged into...based on your upper photo is identical to mine. The color code of the wiring for the ports is the different, but all the wire counts and locations seem to match up. The picture above is a bit clipped so I can't see what they typed.....but neither I nor you have anything plugged into the fourth black arrow on the right....that they claim needs to be wired...I say that is an error on their part. That lines up with our #5 ports below.

This is about all the time I can provide on this......you might need to install your old radio and test the steering wheel....to validate it works....or find someone with a similar radio and test it out in theres. I would help you...but I am in South Carolina.

Good Luck...!

Your port wiring
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1626100536410

My port wiring....note that the picture is upside down.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1626100588136

Not sure if this is completely valid....but I ran across this pinout and a typed up excel sheet that I have pasted below.
Port #5 (1-12)-- DVD player feed. Unused on our radios.
Port #6 (13-32)-- Camera...subwoofer...etc.
Port #4 (33-40) -- TV In...Digital TV....Aux basically.
Port #3 (41-44) -- USB
Port #2 (45-50) -- USB
Port #1 (51-60) -- Battery, Aux, CANBUS.

Also.....there is CANBUS wiring the large connector that goes directly to the radio that also has power...etc...but you have that plugged in.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1626101569339
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1626101625482

Here is a pic of my CANBUS and my port wiring.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1626101367727

On the cars with the 5" and the 7" radios....the CANBUS comes from the 24 pin connector on the honda. Should be on pins 14 and 24....you could trace these wires down and make sure they are going to the CANBUS unit or the Radio.....just as a check.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1626114354764

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1626114181947

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Going back to your old post runner. I have same selection for car brand/car model/can box. You have an option for canbox type. Have you tried selecting different ones? Maybe it needs to be on the correct can box type? I can only assume something is not selected right here if you have it all plugged in.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1626150329101

photo of the m400 menu on mine there is a specific selection for “raise.” Which is the can box it came with. Not sure if rzc in your selection is for a raise can box.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) A5AA86F4-6211-4413-99CE-3DACABD915C9

Last edited:

Yuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic X 1.0 exclusive
Country flag
it is necessary to make a bypass on the stock amplifier ? or do you have complete pdf for install m600 for see for my car

JayTee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hey guys I just bought and installed the Navifly 7862 6GB model in my Civic Sport Touring and I am getting no sound as well as an air bag alert on my dash. Primarily I would like to fix the sound issue.

They provided a bypass for the amplifier which I installed but still nothing. Has anyone else had this issue? Do I need to change the source? If so I can't figure out how as the steering wheel up and down buttons no longer change the source. but they now change the radio station up and down.

Thanks for help. Talking with their support is incredibly frustrating and of course no instructions provided.

Last edited:

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey guys I just bought and installed the Navifly 7862 6GB model in my Civic Sport Touring and I am getting no sound as well as an air bag alert on my dash. Primarily I would like to fix the sound issue.

They provided a bypass for the amplifier which I installed by still nothing. Has anyone else had this issue? Do I need to change the source? If so I can't figure out how as the steering wheel up and down buttons no longer change the source.

Thanks for help. Talking with their support is incredibly frustrating and of course no instructions provided.
The only time I had an issue with zero sound, was when I tried to upgrade my speakers to Polk Audio ones that had a tweeter/Mid and contained a bypass filter on the speakers. I could add one but not two....when I added the second speaker....it turned all four off. When I went back to my original honda speakers....it has worked fine ever since. I am still on stock speakers.

Never heard of anyone having an air bag alert....but probably has something to do with your canbus settings....due to the fact that your up down steering wheel is wonky too,.

NkryptD0n3

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Platinum White
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

They provided a bypass for the amplifier which I installed but still nothing. Has anyone else had this issue? Do I need to change the source? If so I can't figure out how as the steering wheel up and down buttons no longer change the source. but they now change the radio station up and down.

This is the first solid evidence I’ve seen of a bypass and it supposedly working. Is that bypass really the solution? I sent you a PM

jayarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hi guys I just installed the navifly m500. I'm using the external mic that came with the unit. The call quality is so bad on BT and Carplay while driving. Is there any way or setting to improve this?

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi guys I just installed the navifly m500. I'm using the external mic that came with the unit. The call quality is so bad on BT and Carplay while driving. Is there any way or setting to improve this?
I haven't found a way. I moved the mic up near the convenience light and it still is not very good
Sponsored