9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
A few of times now, my Navifly m400 screen won't turn on. I start the car, the side control buttons light up, the radio plays fine, steering controls work, and if I touch the screen the station changes so I know It's working just the screen is black. I've tried the reset button and powering the unit off and on with no luck. Then the next time I start the car it works fine. Wondering if I just have a faulty unit? Happening to anyone else?
Has happened to me 3 times. I think the android video driver gets hosed up. I now make a habit of doing a software reset from the pull down menu once a week and it hasn't happen since.
Sponsored

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2011 Mazda 3
Country flag
He changed the CANBUS Protocol settings....see below.

Turns out I had the wrong CANBUS protocol selected. You have to use "Raise CRIDER", not "Simple/Rasie Civic/CRV". This also fixed the instrument cluster clock issue

That officially solves absolutely every single thing wrong with my PX6. I can finally go to sleep happy tonight lol
Thanks you!!
that was it!!! Went to setting .. changed it to a few different setting and BAMMM!!! SWC.. ??????

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks you!!
that was it!!! Went to setting .. changed it to a few different setting and BAMMM!!! SWC.. ??????
Great!! Enjoy it. I love my M400.

If u have any issue connecting to CarPlay or it taking a long time to connect, search my old posts for CarPlay and I will see how to setup a fixed IP address on your iPhone, if u have one. That reduces connection time to 5 or 6 seconds

Bigreds1963sd

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic lx
Country flag
I have a 17 lx hatch with cvt and small stock screen. Which unit is the best plug and play for my ride with bigger screen etc.

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2011 Mazda 3
Country flag
I have a 17 lx hatch with cvt and small stock screen. Which unit is the best plug and play for my ride with bigger screen etc.
I just did M600 natifly and just installed it yesterday .. best investment ever.. I drive over an hour so I need it .. hopefully it last .. if I go by the post I’ve seen here it should last a good few years .. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bigreds1963sd

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic lx
Country flag
I just did M600 natifly and just installed it yesterday .. best investment ever.. I drive over an hour so I need it .. hopefully it last .. if I go by the post I’ve seen here it should last a good few years .. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
was it plug and play? Any issues with the install? Where did you buy it from? I , like you , drive over an hour each way to work.

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2011 Mazda 3
Country flag
was it plug and play? Any issues with the install? Where did you buy it from? I , like you , drive over an hour each way to work.
I got it from AliExpress .. took about a week to get to me. Everything was plug and play .. install was like 20 min mostly spent more time running wires.. only had a issue cause canbus wasn’t set up properly .. I go help here so that was only for like a day .. stock speaker sound 100x better.. steering wheel control back up camara everything stock .. and wireless CarPlay sooo not bad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got it from AliExpress .. took about a week to get to me. Everything was plug and play .. install was like 20 min mostly spent more time running wires.. only had a issue cause canbus wasn’t set up properly .. I go help here so that was only for like a day .. stock speaker sound 100x better.. steering wheel control back up camara everything stock .. and wireless CarPlay sooo not bad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
wireless CarPlay is amazing! I throw my iPhone on this wireless charger and my phone is charged and ready to go before work and after I get home. No wires to plug in and deal with at all! Is incredible compared to the little 5" blue screen I had on my 2018 Lx sport.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) image

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) image

Bigreds1963sd

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic lx
Country flag
When you buy the head unit do you have to buy any extras or does it come with everything? When you open the box it’s just plug in and go? I’ve done a lot of harley radio and older car setups but wanted to make sure there aren’t extras like adapters for this and that. Here is my latest setup on my Harley.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 65B45F88-F0F8-418E-B877-32CE8A5A8A04

Bigreds1963sd

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic lx
Country flag
wireless CarPlay is amazing! I throw my iPhone on this wireless charger and my phone is charged and ready to go before work and after I get home. No wires to plug in and deal with at all! Is incredible compared to the little 5" blue screen I had on my 2018 Lx sport.

image.jpg

image.jpg
Nice setup, how much of the vents does the head unit cover up ? Is it a noticeable difference in airflow?

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice setup, how much of the vents does the head unit cover up ? Is it a noticeable difference in airflow?
At least 15-20% coverage....it is noticeable. I live in the South where it gets over 100 degs in the summer, and it doesn't affect the cooling of the total car.....and I hate the air blowing right on me anyway.....so yes you can tell....but the small loss is incredibly worth the massive beautiful screen.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When you buy the head unit do you have to buy any extras or does it come with everything? When you open the box it’s just plug in and go? I’ve done a lot of harley radio and older car setups but wanted to make sure there aren’t extras like adapters for this and that. Here is my latest setup on my Harley.

65B45F88-F0F8-418E-B877-32CE8A5A8A04.jpeg
It is plug and play now that we have figured out everything in this thread. Order it and then spend an hour looking through the thread....there are gems for setup in there. If you have a manual 6 speed....then you will need to buy some T-Taps to connect the reverse signal to the radio....it is one wire. Other than that....everything is pretty straight forward....and we can help too.

905User

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
This is a really long thread! Any specifics on what would be lost moving from a touring model setup with lane assist etc?

Bigreds1963sd

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic lx
Country flag
It is plug and play now that we have figured out everything in this thread. Order it and then spend an hour looking through the thread....there are gems for setup in there. If you have a manual 6 speed....then you will need to buy some T-Taps to connect the reverse signal to the radio....it is one wire. Other than that....everything is pretty straight forward....and we can help too.
Thanks bud! My hatchback is a cvt model.

Can_Bus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 LX Hatchback
Country flag
I have an 8 pin connector for TX, RX, Audio Out RL, Audio Out RR, and I'm not sure where it goes. There is only one spot on the back of the 7862 for an 8 pin connector, yet I've been given two cables with 8 pin connectors. One pic I found says the pot should go to the canbus module, so if that uses that spot then I have no clue where this other cable goes.

Screenshot that says the spots for canbus:

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) backnavi
Sponsored