9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT FK7
Country flag
I heard aftermarket radios can cause issues or lose functionality, but I only heard that of the phoenix 9" android version... so M500 is good? seems questionable coming from AliExpress...
Sponsored

HaxForNox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback sport
Country flag
So I'm not sure if I'm clearing the right cache but I've cleared the cache of all google services and the built in app store yet the built in app store is still saying no data and I can't sign into google services since it crashes the app I try and sign in on.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
So I'm not sure if I'm clearing the right cache but I've cleared the cache of all google services and the built in app store yet the built in app store is still saying no data and I can't sign into google services since it crashes the app I try and sign in on.
Am assuming that u can surf the web and watch YouTube videos?

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm late by about a month on this, but in case anyone cares: I have had these android units for a bit over a year now, and so far have not seen any noticeable battery drain. But the longest I've gone without driving it was maybe a week? During that really bad snowstorm here in the midwest.

I also have a ktuner v2 which monitors battery levels and its been reading a full charge pretty much consistently

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
I had the same issue in the beginning. Let me check my notes and see if I wrote down what I did to correct.
Sorry.....I looked everywhere and I can't seem to find where I wrote anything down about this issue. But then again....I never do anything outside of CarPlay other than the radio. So I don't connect up to wifi at all directly.

HaxForNox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback sport
Country flag
Sorry.....I looked everywhere and I can't seem to find where I wrote anything down about this issue. But then again....I never do anything outside of CarPlay other than the radio. So I don't connect up to wifi at all directly.
No problem, I contacted navifly still waiting on an answer >.<

NoobDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hi to the guys that have the m400 what are the spec of the unit i am looking at navifly shop page and im seeing the m300 have both carplay and android auto and cooling fan only difference listed is lower ram/rom and the RDS which is info from the stations if im understanding it right which it dont matter to me.. im just curious if the spec for the m300 and m400 on the ram/rom is not that big of a gap. Im just planning to get the m300 if ever and just worried about the responsiveness and performance of the unit.

Also sorry i started reading from page 65 so sorry for asking is the installation plug and play and back up cam and steering wheel controls works or do i need to splice into stuff. Planning to put it on a 2018 hb sport
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) Screenshot_20210312-125718_AliExpress

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hi to the guys that have the m400 what are the spec of the unit i am looking at navifly shop page and im seeing the m300 have both carplay and android auto and cooling fan only difference listed is lower ram/rom and the RDS which is info from the stations if im understanding it right which it dont matter to me.. im just curious if the spec for the m300 and m400 on the ram/rom is not that big of a gap. Im just planning to get the m300 if ever and just worried about the responsiveness and performance of the unit.

Also sorry i started reading from page 65 so sorry for asking is the installation plug and play and back up cam and steering wheel controls works or do i need to splice into stuff. Planning to put it on a 2018 hb sport
Screenshot_20210312-125718_AliExpress.jpg
to be honest there shouldn’t be a huge difference. personally i’d go with an m500 but up to you. to put this into perspective most cell phones have 4gb ram nowadays

and yes everything is plug n play, backup camera and steering wheel controls should work fine as long as things are set up properly

NoobDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I guess you have a point there with all the app getting heavier on resources required to run them..was just looking into it so that i could add the extra 50 on SI rsb and accord endlinks.

Thank you for the input

HaxForNox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback sport
Country flag
So after a bunch of testing and navifly just never responding, it seems that anything that tries to sign into google instantly crashes, even trying to sign into gmail on desktop mode in chrome, anything that tries to contact google servers dies, and advice ?.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
anyone replaced their Navifly or same HU with branded (smaller) ones (JVC, PIONEER etc)... was it worth it? I have spare JVC double din 6.7 inch 2DIN and thinking about swapping my Navifly with that... wondering if anyone did it and have any regrets?

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2011 Mazda 3
Country flag
I just pulled the trigger on the M600 should get it in a few weeks .. hopefully I don’t have issues installing it .. first mod of the car .. hopefully getting rims this week ??

Metalslug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback ex
Country flag
Hey guys, Ive searched but I have not found exactly an answer to my question. So, with these headunits, do we loose anything we may need as far as car information, like TMPS, oil life....just car info that we can monitor or access through our stock units.
Sponsored