9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It will be fine if you manually turn on the lights. But you have to start the car and turn it on. But this definitely tells me the wire relocate actually is turning off the canbus fully which should stop any extra drain to the battery. Sleep does work fine still. But I just set mine to auto headlights. Went to settings turned off auto on day and night and just set to day. Set to one brightness. Extra settings and panel lights set to permanently on.
Just added a switch (old school but $1.65 so when I do put the car away for two weeks and drive the slk I just turn off the canbus via switch. Just placed it back to the yellow wire but placed a switch between. It is definitely working as once I hit the switch steering controls are gone.

https://www.amazon.com/Gardner-Bend...rds=mini+on+off+switch&qid=1613867058&sr=8-29

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1498BBED-8977-476D-A23D-D12806D4E23F
Sponsored

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag

Can_Bus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 LX Hatchback
Country flag
So any new updates on any of the newer tesla style? I see there is better hardware for these out for some, but yeah, little unsure about buying without some reviews.

See some with more buttons than the car currently offers even, though the screens on those also look less wide for the actual screen.

So many different options.

Anyone go the make your own / Linux route? Seen few threads, but not many or much info.

Seems people have been buying the same model (m400) over the last couple years for the most part as far as I can see, though at pretty much 100 pages, if anyone wanted to summarize for to let us know where we stand in 2021. Looks like the 7862 replaced the m400.

Still see lot of people holding their breath on a maestro solution for the main stream after market. Personally have my doubts if it'll ever been seen at this point. I mean this generation is done now. Make more sense to put R and D into the next honestly. As crappy as it is to say, but seems like where we're at. Been this long and I don't see anything. Heard rumor for year's of something in the works, but I mean... If that were true then they would have came out by now like the flood of android solutions.

See some mention of newer models, and processors, ram, oled, etc. Trying to see if much experience with them, and what everyone would recommend now. Looking to purchase he in the next couple days. What's the best things going? Top of the crop? That you'd actually believe and depend on. Preferably with some user experience to back it.

As an FYI, looking at putting this in one of the LX Hatchbacks that get shipped over from the UK. Manual. 2019. No push start.

This is a big gift for the gf. Was going to build her one, but was having issues sourcing some of the parts I was looking at, plus she's been having so many issues with her current head unit all the time, be good to get something in sooner rather than later I guess.

Could have made something better, but would take time with the can bus, and getting to all fit in and look decent, etc.

So really open to what the general census is for what people are feeling is the most advanced and reliable option available.

Last edited:

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can’t speak for any other unit besides the m400 but now that I got all the kinks out of mine I am very satisfied with the unit.

the large screen units seem to have issues with heat. But maybe fixed now?? I would still rather have my physical climate controls than use the touch screen for that. As I can tell you the touch climate controls are terrible on the m400. Which is why most of us have turned off that function so it is now just the physical controls. Not only that people with type r and higher end civics have switched to the lx controls as the ac lag very annoying.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/swapped-out-the-climate-controls.23252/

This link shows an install of the larger Tesla like units. Appears the person returned the unit.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/telsa-headunit.13770/page-6

Last edited:

Can_Bus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 LX Hatchback
Country flag
Hmm, on her car the climate controls are already in the head unit, and she hates it, so maybe the swap to the "lx" controls. I thought about doing that, as did see others did it, but was looking at some units that had the additional buttons on the edge of the head unit, but then seemed the screen space was narrower. I did like the idea of the nice big screens, and was thinking maybe with the 8 cores, and 6GB of ram that maybe itd be more snapier, but I don't know for sure. Yeah not sure about heat and see some of the 9 inch 7862's say they have QLED, so would be somewhat of a nicer screen. Then again bigger 1080p... But yeah. Yeah, seen that thread of the returned one, but did seem.to be the really old model. Seems like a few people.tried them.out back then, had issues then guess most people.are.gun shy now on going that route perhaps, as am I know, and why the questions. Not sure what to do. Little perplexed.

Smaller screened 7862 and the swap to the "lx" controls might be the safer route I guess.

Hmmm.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hmm, on her car the climate controls are already in the head unit, and she hates it, so maybe the swap to the "lx" controls. I thought about doing that, as did see others did it, but was looking at some units that had the additional buttons on the edge of the head unit, but then seemed the screen space was narrower. I did like the idea of the nice big screens, and was thinking maybe with the 8 cores, and 6GB of ram that maybe itd be more snapier, but I don't know for sure. Yeah not sure about heat and see some of the 9 inch 7862's say they have QLED, so would be somewhat of a nicer screen. Then again bigger 1080p... But yeah. Yeah, seen that thread of the returned one, but did seem.to be the really old model. Seems like a few people.tried them.out back then, had issues then guess most people.are.gun shy now on going that route perhaps, as am I know, and why the questions. Not sure what to do. Little perplexed.

Smaller screened 7862 and the swap to the "lx" controls might be the safer route I guess.

Hmmm.
I totally agree......I actually hated the idea of the lit buttons when I bought it....but now I love them! I actually programmed the Top On/Off Button for a short press Mute....or a Long press power off. Is awesome! I also HATED the on screen A/C controls....was terrible. The LX A/C controls with the M400 style is the way to go. Was just still admiring my M400 this morning....it is still one of my top 10 best purchases ever. Compared to the LX monochrome blue radio....OMG...is like going from 56k modem to Gig Speed fiber!

The replacement for the M400 is the M500(4Gb, 64Gb, 8 core)($234), or you could get the PX6 version which is now the M600(6Gb, 128Gb, 8 core)($280). Both have 1280x720 IPS and HDMI Output.
https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/4001128175941.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.4729bc99rz3nM0

Can_Bus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 LX Hatchback
Country flag
That's odd.
When I go to the Navifly web store and search for civic I don't see the M500 and M600.

https://navifly.m.en.alibaba.com/pr...ue&channel=minisite_a2706.wshop_plgr.43009.i0

I see the 7862 listed for Navifly.

https://m.alibaba.com/product/16001...s_page_enable=true&wx_navbar_transparent=true

Looks like the main diff between the M600 and and the 7862 is that the 7862 has a QLED screen vs the M600's IPS screen, and the M600 has a cooling fan, but the 7862 doesnt.

Not sure why they'd even bother making two models so close, yet lacking ever so slightly. Should have just added the fan and QLED into the same unit and called it a day.

Hmm, so guess M600 or 7862.
Given that we're in the cold north maybe cooling would be less of an issue. Especially if I can press a physical button with the "lx" controls and turn on the AC if the unit does start to to get warm lol.

Oh, but wait. No heated seats with the "lx" controls. Hmm that's a deal breaker.

Last edited:

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's odd.
When I go to the Navifly web store and search for civic I don't see the M500 and M600.

https://navifly.m.en.alibaba.com/pr...ue&channel=minisite_a2706.wshop_plgr.43009.i0

I see the 7862 listed for Navifly.

https://m.alibaba.com/product/1600186377156/detail.html?channel=minisite_a2706.wshop_pl.113.i15&otherparams=//m.alibaba.com/product/1600186377156/Navifly-NEW-7862-Android-10-8core.html&scenery_id=2&tracelog=a2706.wshop_pl.113.i15&language=en&currency=CAD&spm=a2706.wshop_pl.113.i15&_aplus_page_enable=true&wx_navbar_transparent=true

Looks like the main diff between the M600 and and the 7862 is that the 7862 has a QLED screen vs the M600's IPS screen, and the M600 has a cooling fan, but the 7862 doesnt.

Not sure why they'd even bother making two models so close, yet lacking ever so slightly. Should have just added the fan and QLED into the same unit and called it a day.

Hmm, so guess M600 or 7862.
Given that we're in the cold north maybe cooling would be less of an issue. Especially if I can press a physical button with the "lx" controls and turn on the AC if the unit does start to to get warm lol.

Oh, but wait. No heated seats with the "lx" controls. Hmm that's a deal breaker.
The 7862 you linked to says: "Navifly NEW 7862 Android 10 8core 6+128G Car DVD Player For Honda Civic 2012-2015"

I have the 2018 Civic Sport Manual......and the one you linked would not fit in my car. I believe the M600 also has support for 5G WiFi.....so that is nice as well.

I can only tell you where I bought mine....and it was through the link I sent you, but was for my M400. You could probably get more help getting the M500 or M600 on this site versus the other one....just thinking out loud.

Can_Bus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 LX Hatchback
Country flag
The 7862 you linked to says: "Navifly NEW 7862 Android 10 8core 6+128G Car DVD Player For Honda Civic 2012-2015"

I have the 2018 Civic Sport Manual......and the one you linked would not fit in my car. I believe the M600 also has support for 5G WiFi.....so that is nice as well.

I can only tell you where I bought mine....and it was through the link I sent you, but was for my M400. You could probably get more help getting the M500 or M600 on this site versus the other one....just thinking out loud.
Oh sorry, was in a rush and accidentally miss clicked when I went to copy it.
This would be the one:

https://m.alibaba.com/product/1600186383115/detail.html?channel=minisite_a2706.wshop_pl.113.i4&otherparams=//m.alibaba.com/product/1600186383115/Navifly-NEW-7862-Android-10-8core.html&scenery_id=2&tracelog=a2706.wshop_pl.113.i4&language=en&currency=CAD&spm=a2706.wshop_pl.113.i4&_aplus_page_enable=true&wx_navbar_transparent=true

Seen a people a few pages back with the 7862, but seen some a few pages before that saying the same that the M600 was the replacement. They seem pretty similar either way. I think I'd prefer for the QLED screen, but yeah, cooling would be nice to have too, but if I have to pick, and that's the only real diff, then.

Can't believe they don't have any of the "lx" climate controls that have heated seats. You either get heated seats and one of those stupid climate buttons, or you can have climate control buttons, but sadly seems.you can't have both, even though the heated seat buttons and climate control buttons arn't even in the same spot.. Sux

Last edited:

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks ok to me. The price they show is for the 1G/16G unit...so given that fact either one would work, and are probably around the price. Not sure why Navifly would offer two radios so similar.

Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT FK7
Country flag
I'm so lost, so which one would I get for a honda civic sport with no honda sensing and I live in the midwest. So I get extreme heats and extreme colds lol.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm so lost, so which one would I get for a honda civic sport with no honda sensing and I live in the midwest. So I get extreme heats and extreme colds lol.
You can get either type......I was just saying that the M500 and M600 are closer to what we have bought and installed (the M400).....so we might be able to help you if there are any issues. Any of the units that people have suggested should work fine. The other nice thing about the M500 and M600 is that they have a cooling fan. The M600 has more memory and a slightly faster processor.....I have the M400 which is closer to the M500, and the speed is super fast.....so either unit will work....just pick the one in your budget.

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/4001128175941.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.4729bc99rz3nM0

HaxForNox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback sport
Country flag
So I just installed the navifly m500, still need to tap the wires for backup camera, but has anyone been able to login to a google account? It just keeps crashing the app for me.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I just installed the navifly m500, still need to tap the wires for backup camera, but has anyone been able to login to a google account? It just keeps crashing the app for me.
Yes I can. Think I needed to go into the app section of settings and clear the cache? Also it can't be thru your phone....think I needed to be connected to my home WiFi.....have to go check my notes.

Naldy might know.....
Sponsored