9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
So, I currently have mine set to standby for 3 days, then turn off completely (or so i thought?). Are you guys saying that it continues to drain the battery beyond the 3 day standby mode?
I would assume that the leakage is from the CANBUS module....which is a load that is parallel to the radio, so if that is the case, then it wouldn't matter what you set the radio at because the leakage would remain. Putting the main yellow wire to ACC that feeds both will eliminate that current draw for both....but I like the timer method, because you could set it at say 3 days and it would full disconnect after 3 days of no use....but if you used the car, then the timer resets automatically....but I am a electronics nerd anyway. :cool:
Sponsored

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I currently have mine set to standby for 3 days, then turn off completely (or so i thought?). Are you guys saying that it continues to drain the battery beyond the 3 day standby mode?
So apparently “most” Chinese android units canbus is wired to stay on all the time. Google search and you will find that the drain occurs on px5, px6, joying, etc. for at least the navifly m400 I will try it but appears I can route the yellow canbus to the acc and it should turn it off when the unit goes off.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) FDF11A26-37CC-4705-B614-68AE8E7CD3E5

Last edited:

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oooof. Not sure what's worse - a slow drain or a slow boot. I bought a 5yr battery in August, I guess I'll roll the dice for now. Thanks all!

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright just finished rewiring the Canbus for my navifly m400. The Canbus does appear to be working as the steering controls are looking good. Sleep function from the stereo still works. My guess is now since I only rewired the Yellow Canbus wire to the red ACC wire the canbus should be turning off with the main unit. Now it should stop the draining of the battery from the little canbus being constantly powered.

canbus side wire located and cut
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_9530

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_9527

Tapped the cut canbus wire side directly to the large black plug that goes into the radio. red acc.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_9529

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 270CAF0F-6736-4FF0-AD31-370010B573AE

Last edited:

GACivic19

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
Thanks for the tip about the timer, will have to look into that.

Has anyone used the speed sensitive sound leveling on the M400? I have tried all the settings and it does not seem to adjust for any speed.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good idea....will find out if that is the main drain or not. Great job! Looks good.
Thanks for the info. It does appear it was yellow to yellow on the wiring if that is to the battery on both ends this would mean that it was constantly being powered. Since yellow on the main cable is for battery. Yellow on the canbus is positive.

Might not need the timer since sleep options still work.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the info. It does appear it was yellow to yellow on the wiring if that is to the battery on both ends this would mean that it was constantly being powered. Since yellow on the main cable is for battery. Yellow on the canbus is positive.

Might not need the timer since sleep options still work.
Yes agree. If the sleep works no timer will be needed. Keep us posted.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sleep mode so far works fine since the modification. Haven’t noticed any I’ll effects yet from the wire relocation.
So after testing further the cable relocation the last few days. I notice the dark and light mode of switching the headlights don’t initiate with leaving lights on auto. Since the lights come on instantly before the canbus turns on it doesn’t notice the headlights initiating. (My guess) I disabled the light and dark auto function under display. Extra settings has panel lights that will keep the buttons lit all the time. Set the brightness to one level.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So after testing further the cable relocation the last few days. I notice the dark and light mode of switching the headlights don’t initiate with leaving lights on auto. Since the lights come on instantly before the canbus turns on it doesn’t notice the headlights initiating. (My guess) I disabled the light and dark auto function under display. Extra settings has panel lights that will keep the buttons lit all the time. Set the brightness to one level.
Ahhh...interesting. Didn't think of that situation....but it makes sense. Glad you found a way around it. Let me know if you run into anything else that leads you to wanting to install the timer....good luck!

Still am so in love with this $200 radio.....it is just amazing in every way. I hope the newer version of it is still as good.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't use auto lights, so you think it will be fine for us manual light guys?

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't use auto lights, so you think it will be fine for us manual light guys?
It will be fine if you manually turn on the lights. But you have to start the car and turn it on. But this definitely tells me the wire relocate actually is turning off the canbus fully which should stop any extra drain to the battery. Sleep does work fine still. But I just set mine to auto headlights. Went to settings turned off auto on day and night and just set to day. Set to one brightness. Extra settings and panel lights set to permanently on.

ck42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sport MT
Country flag
So I maybe don't have to sift through almost 100 pages, can someone give me the executive summary? What's the latest version being tried here? What are the results (what doesn't work)? What extras are needed? Pricing? Overall, one of these Chinese Android units worth taking a shot on?
Sponsored