9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
I've never connected carplay via wired connection either. If you want to not connect wirelessly, can't you just disable the headunit's hotspot?
No, because my Tlink software only shows a wireless option. And I have heard that people that reinstalled it, broke it for good. AND I love not having to take it out of the holder every time.

Advertisement

naldy

First Name
mick
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Hey guys I’m back.

So I’ve been having an issue with my Navifly unit and it’s been happening for quite a while.

about a month after getting my unit I noticed that there was some serious lag between steering wheel controls and the head unit. way more than there should’ve been. I figured it was an issue with the canbus decoder so i got it replaced by navifly for $5.

things worked fine for a while but now it’s acting up again. works fine some days then other days it’s like a 5-8 second lag when changing songs for example.

Anyone have any ideas on what’s causing this? if both canbus decoders are showing the same problem i’m starting to think it might be a problem with the head unit or wiring. but i’m stumped

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Hey guys I’m back.

So I’ve been having an issue with my Navifly unit and it’s been happening for quite a while.

about a month after getting my unit I noticed that there was some serious lag between steering wheel controls and the head unit. way more than there should’ve been. I figured it was an issue with the canbus decoder so i got it replaced by navifly for $5.

things worked fine for a while but now it’s acting up again. works fine some days then other days it’s like a 5-8 second lag when changing songs for example.

Anyone have any ideas on what’s causing this? if both canbus decoders are showing the same problem i’m starting to think it might be a problem with the head unit or wiring. but i’m stumped
You have the PX6 unit, so probably can't help. They might swap it out for the new PX6 unit, if u complain nicely and often! 😬😉

KYRGYZ

Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2018 Nissan Rogue Sport, 2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey guys I’m back.

and that is the reason I decided not to buy cheap android devices anymore :) I thought about buying m400 for my wife's rogue sport, but decided to get jvc double din, $60 more, but I know for sure it works, and works well... I might sell my m400 off my civic as well

naldy

First Name
mick
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
You have the PX6 unit, so probably can't help. They might swap it out for the new PX6 unit, if u complain nicely and often! 😬😉
oh i’ve been blowing up their customer service line consistently for months at this point

naldy

First Name
mick
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
and that is the reason I decided not to buy cheap android devices anymore :) I thought about buying m400 for my wife's rogue sport, but decided to get jvc double din, $60 more, but I know for sure it works, and works well... I might sell my m400 off my civic as well
i had a pioneer dmh 2660nex before this. and honestly i didn’t like it nearly as much as these android units. tbh my joying PX6 was perfect it just didn’t have buttons on the side. wish i just kept that instead of “upgrading” to the navifly model.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
i had a pioneer dmh 2660nex before this. and honestly i didn’t like it nearly as much as these android units. tbh my joying PX6 was perfect it just didn’t have buttons on the side. wish i just kept that instead of “upgrading” to the navifly model.
Sucks! I've got nothin but love for my M400. Compared to the 5" crap I had, this is a dream to use everyday

xoextreme

Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic LX
Country flag
Installed the 7862 today, works flawlessly, completely plug and play. My only issue is i can’t get the radio to work. Idk where to put the blue wire I took it out of the green adapter because that doesn’t fit anything but I have zero idea where to put it, I think it’s the only reason I have no radio. Also I remember reading somewhere in this thread that you can make it use the internet from your phone without having a hotspot set up, anyone know how to do this? The settings look all the same as the m400

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Installed the 7862 today, works flawlessly, completely plug and play. My only issue is i can’t get the radio to work. Idk where to put the blue wire I took it out of the green adapter because that doesn’t fit anything but I have zero idea where to put it, I think it’s the only reason I have no radio. Also I remember reading somewhere in this thread that you can make it use the internet from your phone without having a hotspot set up, anyone know how to do this? The settings look all the same as the m400
Believe the info is back a few pages for the same issue on the M400, but the blue wire goes to the Antenna pin on the black connector see pic below....I believe it is just 12v though, so I think ACC connection should work. Can use a T-tap connector. Get me a Pinout of that connector and I can verify for you
1611804513947.png

civic model x

Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Show us some photos and videos of it in action

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
this blue wire on the bottom row of the black plug is my ANT wire.
1611805152930.jpeg

BailOut

Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Country flag
No issues whatsoever with the material.....so smell....no peeling. It is 100% aluminum backed butyl rubber.....so no asphalt....per their description. I am not sure why people would have stated that it was asphalt.....but then again I am not a materials engineer.
Just finished the project on my Coupe. One 10 sqFt package was enough, I have 1.5 sheets left actually. For the Coupe doors I used a little over 4 per door (diagrammed below) and have 80% coverage. Each sheet measured 15 x 9.5. Overall it turned out great, the material is very easy to work with.

1DoorDiagram.png

IMG_20210128_133126.jpg
IMG_20210128_133230.jpg
IMG_20210128_133335.jpg
IMG_20210128_133406.jpg

Last edited:

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Just finished the project on my Coupe. One 10 sqFt package was enough, I have 1.5 sheets left actually. For the Coupe doors I used a little over 4 per door (diagrammed below) and have 80% coverage. Each sheet measured 15 x 9.5. Overall it turned out great, the material is very easy to work with.

IMG_20210128_133126.jpg
IMG_20210128_133230.jpg
IMG_20210128_133335.jpg
IMG_20210128_133406.jpg

View attachment 272498

View attachment 272504
Awesome! Is amazing how quality they feel when closing and the vibration reduction is unbelievable! Congrats! Glad it worked out for you.

Advertisement

Advertisement