9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't even get a mic included with my M200. So I just use the built-in mic in the upper left corner. I do have to lean in closer to the head unit to make sure the other person can hear me. It's a bummer, but I don't talk too much while driving so I'll live.

Otherwise, I'm loving my head unit. I ended up increasing my phone's data plan so now I can comfortably watch youtube in the school parking lot while waiting for my kids. Wireless apple carplay works like a dream still too. Best mod ever.
It is also possible to tapped into the internal mic on your car so it will work the same as stock. If your unit came with the same 2.5 jack.

I have the internal mic tap here

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...t-feature-overview-installation.17034/page-78
Sponsored

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have tlink and ezconnect. Tlink for WiFi CarPlay. And the ezconnect for usb mirroring although it says WiFi works too. But it is working great on wired. It just asked me to download ezconnect on my iphone once I plugged into the usb. (The usb from the unit not the built in one on the car) Followed it and it just started working once I turned on the ezconnect app on the navifly then on my iPhone.
I got EZConnect working to mirror my screen (old iphone SE) but some safety "feature" must be preventing netflix/youtube videos from mirroring to my screen. Games seem to work, but it chokes when I choose to play videos. Any workaround? I promise I'm parked when trying to use it! :)

It is also possible to tapped into the internal mic on your car so it will work the same as stock. If your unit came with the same 2.5 jack.

I have the internal mic tap here

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...t-feature-overview-installation.17034/page-78
Thanks, that will work. I'll give it a shot next weekend.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got EZConnect working to mirror my screen (old iphone SE) but some safety "feature" must be preventing netflix/youtube videos from mirroring to my screen. Games seem to work, but it chokes when I choose to play videos. Any workaround? I promise I'm parked when trying to use it! :)

Thanks, that will work. I'll give it a shot next weekend.
Not sure if it makes a difference I’m on an iPhone 12 pro on latest updates. But youtube opens and so does opening my own uploaded videos. Now I haven’t tried it while the car is moving.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure if it makes a difference I’m on an iPhone 12 pro on latest updates. But youtube opens and so does opening my own uploaded videos. Now I haven’t tried it while the car is moving.
Nice, but can you stream youtube/netflix videos from the internet using easyconnect mirroring? (I know there is a functional youtube app that works, but Netflix is my ultimate goal!!)

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Nice, but can you stream youtube/netflix videos from the internet using easyconnect mirroring? (I know there is a functional youtube app that works, but Netflix is my ultimate goal!!)
can't you just download netfilx from appstore or watch from browser with hotspot or sim card?

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe I have figured out how to get rid of the AC pop up completely. Not even the xtra one comes up behind it.

> go to settings and apps & notifications
> find air conditioner and select it
> disable display over other apps
> disable modify system settings
> now select force stop

You should now no longer get any pop ups when adjusting the ac. I have tried a full shut down with no sleep and so far keeps these settings. Now if you hit the AC app again in the app section you will need to force shut again.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
can't you just download netfilx from appstore or watch from browser with hotspot or sim card?
You can download it, but the app crashes on the head unit...saying it's unsupported. ? Same message when using the chrome browser. i haven't tried other browsers, but i'm guessing it's the same.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been enjoying this stereo now that it’s configured at least close to how I like it. It feels like how it would feel stock now. I wanted to give a how to as I spent hours looking for the right setup. In case you guys with the navifly want the how to on the config

Some things that should be set like how it is on an lx and a sport stock.

Get yourself on WiFi in settings. Now time to setup.

First set your vehicle

Go to settings > Car settings > extra settings > 123456

Select vehicle type

02 Raise
Honda
14 16 new civic
Public
Logo Honda

Also change your radio region while your in here

Second select your type of vehicle

Go to apps > car settings > select vehicle selection. Be sure to set to Default or civic. I notice the extra reverse cam views were not there when the wrong one was selected such as 360

Turn off right camera if you do not have it (screen will go blank when making right turns if you don’t have it.)
Go to apps > car settings uncheck right camera

Change your theme mph
Go to apps > themes > click the gear to the right hand corner change speed unit kmh to mph

Reverse cam
Set voice to mute (this will make music and phone calls still go on when going to reverse cam if not it will mute by default.)
Go to settings > Car settings > reverse settings reverse mute set to close

Set cam to have moving grid lines if you want your lines to move with the car.
Go to settings > Car settings > reverse settings Reverse trajectory open

Lastly if your play store, google chrome, google browser, you tube are not going on the internet clear the cache by going to settings apps and notifications. Select the app select storage and clear cache for each apps. This should fix your browsing.

hope this helps you guys on your navifly m400
Jtrader not sure if you tried it. But try to clear the cache on your you tube and browser as none of mine were working until I did this.

quoting from a previous post of mine.
“Lastly if your play store, google chrome, google browser, you tube are not going on the internet clear the cache by going to settings apps and notifications. Select the app select storage and clear cache for each apps. This should fix your browsing.”

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You can download it, but the app crashes on the head unit...saying it's unsupported. ? Same message when using the chrome browser. i haven't tried other browsers, but i'm guessing it's the same.
oh wow... I only used youtube few times, so had no idea

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
I believe I have figured out how to get rid of the AC pop up completely. Not even the xtra one comes up behind it.

> now select force stop

You should now no longer get any pop ups when adjusting the ac. I have tried a full shut down with no sleep and so far keeps these settings. Now if you hit the AC app again in the app section you will need to force shut again.

Will try this for sure....!! Thanks. Will need to reinstall app and try this out.
Appreciate you posting this.

One question: I use the same desktop theme......does the MPH get off from the real MPH on the dash....? Once I get above 20 MPH.....they are off by several units.

MyGirlsCivic

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Just gotta say how impressed I keep being with this unit. I just updated the software that came with the $20 dash cam i plugged into the unit. It's got ADAS functionality which can give warnings on lane departure or driving too close to other cars. Pretty cool. Here are a couple of screenshots.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) Screenshot_20201211-132021_Video Editor
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) Screenshot_20201211-131943_Video Editor

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just gotta say how impressed I keep being with this unit. I just updated the software that came with the $20 dash cam i plugged into the unit. It's got ADAS functionality which can give warnings on lane departure or driving too close to other cars. Pretty cool. Here are a couple of screenshots.
Screenshot_20201211-132021_Video Editor.jpg
Screenshot_20201211-131943_Video Editor.jpg
can you send a link the software....my buddy has the dash cam and is having issue with it. Thanks..!

MyGirlsCivic

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
can you send a link the software....my buddy has the dash cam and is having issue with it. Thanks..!
I'd have to look it up. The cam came with a 32GB micro SD card with the apk already on it.
I'll look later this afternoon.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will try this for sure....!! Thanks. Will need to reinstall app and try this out.
Appreciate you posting this.

One question: I use the same desktop theme......does the MPH get off from the real MPH on the dash....? Once I get above 20 MPH.....they are off by several units.
Mine is the same it’s off by 5-6 mph once around 60. But between 0-40 mph is about right. After that it starts to be off. Funny thing is maps.me that is using the the same gps wiring to track is pretty accurate. Maps.me does not use internet at all for navigation. Also these advertisements they are starting to put on civicx here is making it hard to even type responses through my phone.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

> now select force stop

Yup you nailed it....!! Finally, that stupid AC screen is completely gone! Thanks so much for coming back and posting this information.
Sponsored