9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Or if anyone else has knowledge on how to get around this antenna problem, I would really appreciate the help. Thanks!
I believe that is the plug mine came with. It did work perfectly on my 2018 sport/lx model stereo (5” screen) If I recall right I plugged the pin side to the navifly. Plugged the other side to the harness and it just worked. Curious do you have a touring model. Only asking as Amped stereos need to be heavily rewired for this unit to work. Unless they changed the plug on the 2019-21 for the sport/lx stereos.

MyGirlsCivic

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
I believe that is the plug mine came with. It did work perfectly on my 2018 sport/lx model stereo (5” screen) If I recall right I plugged the pin side to the navifly. Plugged the other side to the harness and it just worked. Curious do you have a touring model. Only asking as Amped stereos need to be heavily rewired for this unit to work. Unless they changed the plug on the 2019-21 for the sport/lx stereos.
I have a 2017 LX. The pin side worked fine into the navifly, but the adapter (by my ring finger) is more square than the more rectangular plug that comes from the car (between my first 2 fingers).

MyGirlsCivic

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan
Country flag

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you mind sharing the steps? I seem to have been shipped the wrong adapter too.
OK, I received two adapters that were meant to fit the factory antenna harness, but only one of them actually fit. One had a blue wire, the other didn't. The one that didn't went straight to a radio plug...like yours. Pic 1 below. The one with the blue wire actually fit the factory harness, although, not perfectly, and it split to a female end, and a green harness w/ blue wire. Pic2. (Keep reading below pics)
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_4362.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_4361.JPG

So, to get this all to work. You take the harness from pic 1 and dremel the plastic so it fits into factory harness so the wires can make a connection. Pic 1 below. I used a cutting wheel and it took only a few seconds. You could probably just destroy the plastic harness (which you will do with the blue wire later) and just make sure the radio wire makes good contact into the male factory connector. Then, destroy the female harness housing the blue wire (i used tin snips) to extract the blue wire and male pin. Plug that into the factory harness. Pic2 below. Cut the other end by the green harness and strip it.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) thumbnail_IMG_4369

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_4371.JPG

I have a sport hatch that doesn't use a lot of the harnesses that came with the navifly, so find the 16pin unused harness, and it too will have a blue wire. It's a 12v acc wire. Cut it, and splice it to the blue wire you connected to the factory harness. Boom, crystal clear radio.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) thumbnail_IMG_4372

Add a piece of tape (not shown above) around the factory harness to hold those 2 wires secure and you're done. Questions, just ask.

MyGirlsCivic

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
OK, I received two adapters that were meant to fit the factory antenna harness, but only one of them actually fit. One had a blue wire, the other didn't. The one that didn't went straight to a radio plug...like yours. Pic 1 below. The one with the blue wire actually fit the factory harness, although, not perfectly, and it split to a female end, and a green harness w/ blue wire. Pic2. (Keep reading below pics)

So, to get this all to work. You take the harness from pic 1 and dremel the plastic so it fits into factory harness so the wires can make a connection. Pic 1 below. I used a cutting wheel and it took only a few seconds. You could probably just destroy the plastic harness (which you will do with the blue wire later) and just make sure the radio wire makes good contact into the male factory connector. Then, destroy the female harness housing the blue wire (i used tin snips) to extract the blue wire and male pin. Plug that into the factory harness. Pic2 below. Cut the other end by the green harness and strip it.

I have a sport hatch that doesn't use a lot of the harnesses that came with the navifly, so find the 16pin unused harness, and it too will have a blue wire. It's a 12v acc wire. Cut it, and splice it to the blue wire you connected to the factory harness. Boom, crystal clear radio.

Add a piece of tape (not shown above) around the factory harness to hold those 2 wires secure and you're done. Questions, just ask.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I'll try it later today and post results. Really appreciate the help!

MyGirlsCivic

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Thanks again for the detailed instructions. Worked out great!

Now, does anyone know where to change the A/C popup to show Fahrenheit instead of Celsius?

Also, in Carplay, is there a way to map the steering wheel buttons to activate Siri, or to hang up a call?

Thanks to all in this thread for the helpful information. I've been really impressed with this unit. It also allowed me to add a cheap $20 dashcam that I could manage thru an Android app on the unit. Pretty slick!

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This unit hasn’t stopped surprising me. I hooked up my iphone to the usb it ask me to download easy connect. Opened up the app on the android and the iPhone.( after downloading) To my surprise it mirrored my iPhone. I haven’t figured out the temp on the climate control pop up to change to Fahrenheit. If you find a way post up here. It hasn’t bothered me too much as the gauge on the bottom is what I read. But if anyone has a fix always welcome.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
This unit hasn’t stopped surprising me. I hooked up my iphone to the usb it ask me to download easy connect. Opened up the app on the android and the iPhone.( after downloading) To my surprise it mirrored my iPhone. I haven’t figured out the temp on the climate control pop up to change to Fahrenheit. If you find a way post up here. It hasn’t bothered me too much as the gauge on the bottom is what I read. But if anyone has a fix always welcome.
So do you still have Tlink or Zlink, as well as the EZ Connect software....?

I have not found a way to do it. And I found that large blue screen for the HVAC annoying, so I deleted the app to remove it. So now a little Red screen pops up that goes away quicker, but it is still in degrees C.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
So my wife said that my mic sounds a bit hollow with it being underneath the rear view mirror, but better than it being up on the left side of the window. But determined to make it sound better, I removed the utility light on the ceiling and pulled the Mic under the roof lining and under the utility light, and mounted it to the utility light plastic with the adhesive that it came with....and it is really secure. And WOW....it sounds like I am talking directly on my phone now.....!! This is a great place to mount it and is so easy...!

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1607349301692

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1607349350064

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't even get a mic included with my M200. So I just use the built-in mic in the upper left corner. I do have to lean in closer to the head unit to make sure the other person can hear me. It's a bummer, but I don't talk too much while driving so I'll live.

Otherwise, I'm loving my head unit. I ended up increasing my phone's data plan so now I can comfortably watch youtube in the school parking lot while waiting for my kids. Wireless apple carplay works like a dream still too. Best mod ever.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So do you still have Tlink or Zlink, as well as the EZ Connect software....?

I have not found a way to do it. And I found that large blue screen for the HVAC annoying, so I deleted the app to remove it. So now a little Red screen pops up that goes away quicker, but it is still in degrees C.
I have tlink and ezconnect. Tlink for WiFi CarPlay. And the ezconnect for usb mirroring although it says WiFi works too. But it is working great on wired. It just asked me to download ezconnect on my iphone once I plugged into the usb. (The usb from the unit not the built in one on the car) Followed it and it just started working once I turned on the ezconnect app on the navifly then on my iPhone.
Sponsored