9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
I finished putting on extra heat sinks and some artic silver thermal paste. They had this white spread that did not look good at the top of the unit. Making sure the unit stays cool. I just at least tested everything turns on! So far it’s fantastic. My sub doesn’t need to be turned up too loud now. Now the real wiring needs to be done. Probably think I’m nuts for taking it apart. I can’t recommend if your a novice at electronics. But this thing is being cooled by the black housing in the back connected to a sticky thermal pad.

5F98AE6A-3210-43A9-8AC8-7B76A3CFDBA5.jpeg
D89EDECF-BA34-4950-9FDB-55EA2496545B.jpeg
A9F7B569-C50F-45F4-9EFD-7F048F1BF7BD.jpeg
Looks great...!! Was considering doing it this winter, as I live in the South and it gets +100degs out here. So I assume it was just screws to open...? Assume the extra heat sinks did not get in the way of the metal case..? Thanks for Sharing...!

Digity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport-16 Pilot-90 K5 Blazer
Country flag
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0xxkPF

Here is the link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001128175941.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.20034c4dgPYsQM

Select the M400 and China as the Ships from.

I am the one that tried to install after market speakers and they made the radio lose all sound. Would work for about 3 minutes then no sound, until I disconnected all from the radio. They were JBL GX628's....and only the front two speakers. I have seen others online use Polk, and maybe I just had a bum set of caps on my filter....not sure. But I have tuned the front and rear stock speakers with the DSP so well, that I am glad I pocketed the $70. The sound deadening helped immensely too.

I have everything working great now....and I love it...!! Do you have a 6 Speed Manual or Automatic...?
Thanks for the info.
I have the manual

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the info.
I have the manual
Sure....no problem. Since you have a 6 Sp Manual......you will need to tie in the Reverse Signal to the radio.....I show you how to do this on Post #1073 back a few pages. Took me a few weeks to figure it out....but to implement only takes about 5 minutes. Let me know if you get a radio and you need help.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks great...!! Was considering doing it this winter, as I live in the South and it gets +100degs out here. So I assume it was just screws to open...? Assume the extra heat sinks did not get in the way of the metal case..? Thanks for Sharing...!
I had to spread them like above so it wasn’t in the way. Yes just 8 screws. Use correct size screw driver these will strip easily. Also take a photo of the ribbon cable direction so your not confused which way it goes back. It has 3 ribbon cables and 1 power cable that hooks to the board. Be sure you have available thermal paste. As once you remove it the thermal paste at the top of the unit will smear off.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had to spread them like above so it wasn’t in the way. Yes just 8 screws. Use correct size screw driver these will strip easily. Also take a photo of the ribbon cable direction so your not confused which way it goes back. It has 3 ribbon cables and 1 power cable that hooks to the board. Be sure you have available thermal paste. As once you remove it the thermal paste at the top of the unit will smear off.
Ok.? Great info! Got plenty of thermal paste. Just built a beast of a PC for my son. Am a EET....you sound electric too?

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finished my install. Didn’t have success with the mic unfortunately. I used the provided mic and hooked it up underneath the ac and the usb. Tested a few calls seems to work fine. I thought maybe I killed the wiring but the oem stereo works with the built in mic. I had two different mic cords no success. Overall very happy with the radio. Car play works fine. The radio is very fast doesn’t seem at all laggy. No regrets. Great price.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 996C6F6A-69BD-4DE4-8A92-7C4F19766D93
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) EBD66E74-AF2E-4D67-BA6E-330330483FBC
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) D9322422-755B-4FFB-AB8A-0CA813800F3A

Last edited:

Digity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport-16 Pilot-90 K5 Blazer
Country flag
Sure....no problem. Since you have a 6 Sp Manual......you will need to tie in the Reverse Signal to the radio.....I show you how to do this on Post #1073 back a few pages. Took me a few weeks to figure it out....but to implement only takes about 5 minutes. Let me know if you get a radio and you need help.
Ok cool. Thank you

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes. There is a setting to sync it with your headlights. It defaults to on if the lights turn on. I changed it to Always on.
Very very stupid of me even though I took the photo I still reversed the cable when installing heat sinks. Below is the correct cable direction. But the circled one I did accidentally reverse. The picture show is correct way. That little black cable is for the touch screen if you reverse it no touch. But it’s working!
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1901C3BC-4EAD-4E92-800B-63C929776B60
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 9ABC0690-49C8-479D-AE06-FF2697E18FA6

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Very very stupid of me even though I took the photo I still reversed the cable when installing heat sinks. Below is the correct cable direction. But the circled one I did accidentally reverse. The picture show is correct way. That little black cable is for the touch screen if you reverse it no touch. But it’s working!
1901C3BC-4EAD-4E92-800B-63C929776B60.jpeg
9ABC0690-49C8-479D-AE06-FF2697E18FA6.jpeg
Awesome!! I saved all those pics....thanks.! I usually use a marker and put a line on the ribbon and the edge connector, so I know which side to put it back in....mainly because I inevitably always do it wrong the first time. Assume you read thru some of these posts, but in case you didn't. The main settings for the M400 are under Car Settings...then scroll to the bottom...Other Settings. The password is 123456. You can change a lot more stuff under there.

Also....I tuned the DSP under the EQ app.....I changed it to Rock....then used the Bass Filter to filter most all of the Bass to the rear speakers, and now I can Max out the Stock Speakers without distortion. It did help that I applied the sound deadening to the doors....HUGE difference in vibration Bass distortion. Highly recommend it....and was only $10 per door and took about 1 hour per door. I am VERY Electrical....and VERY slow mechanically....but it was so easy. I am so amazed this thing is only $193!

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome!! I saved all those pics....thanks.! I usually use a marker and put a line on the ribbon and the edge connector, so I know which side to put it back in....mainly because I inevitably always do it wrong the first time. Assume you read thru some of these posts, but in case you didn't. The main settings for the M400 are under Car Settings...then scroll to the bottom...Other Settings. The password is 123456. You can change a lot more stuff under there.

Also....I tuned the DSP under the EQ app.....I changed it to Rock....then used the Bass Filter to filter most all of the Bass to the rear speakers, and now I can Max out the Stock Speakers without distortion. It did help that I applied the sound deadening to the doors....HUGE difference in vibration Bass distortion. Highly recommend it....and was only $10 per door and took about 1 hour per door. I am VERY Electrical....and VERY slow mechanically....but it was so easy. I am so amazed this thing is only $193!
Thanks for the 123456. Trying to find out how to get rid of that annoying AC pop up. That code was posted somewhere I think page 50 by you.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the 123456. Trying to find out how to get rid of that annoying AC pop up. That code was posted somewhere I think page 50 by you.
good news and bad news. I got rid of the big full screen blue AC pop up by deleting the AC app. BUT there is a tiny red pop-up that still comes up, but is non-adjustable and disappears quickly. Haven’t worked on getting rid of that little one yet.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
good news and bad news. I got rid of the big full screen blue AC pop up by deleting the AC app. BUT there is a tiny red pop-up that still comes up, but is non-adjustable and disappears quickly. Haven’t worked on getting rid of that little one yet.
I don’t think you have to delete the app. According to an older post pittfighter said he could turn it off. Just didn’t say how. I also just set the resolution higher not sure if it made a difference. According to the sales page it should be higher than the default. I guess I’ll see if anything breaks. Says don’t touch. But so far nothing is broken.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 2AD67903-03D3-4977-A7D4-5B256FAB3420
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 0B0002A6-8A2B-4280-BC47-1A419102D3D4
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1B937F4B-88CF-4D17-B3D2-E5B6D452859E

Last edited: