9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

naldy

First Name
mick
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
How did the install go? I have a 2020 sport with the 7 inch touch screen and I also replaced my front speakers with Alpine S-65C speakers and was a little disappointed with the lack of bass coming from them. I just added a powered subwoofer and it greatly improved but I'm thinking of getting the android unit for the built in DSP.
it should be fairly simple, there are more than enough resources in here to help you if you need it. but i’ve installed 3 units so far and it’s usually a 20 min process at most

Advertisement

KYRGYZ

Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2018 Nissan Rogue Sport, 2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I noticed my M400 screen turns black when I switch from D to R and back while I'm on CarPlay never happened before... frustrating.. hopefully won't happen again

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
I noticed my M400 screen turns black when I switch from D to R and back while I'm on CarPlay never happened before... frustrating.. hopefully won't happen again
Hey....I would take that....LoL....at least I knew it saw reverse. :) But I will fix this thing!

KYRGYZ

Reaction score
Car(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just noticed same seller on aliexpress increased prices, I bought my M400 for about $250 with shipping included, today it costs $305+$18 shipping... lol

naldy

First Name
mick
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
I just noticed same seller on aliexpress increased prices, I bought my M400 for about $250 with shipping included, today it costs $305+$18 shipping... lol
they’re always fluctuating man, i purchased my px6 for $400. then it went on sale the same week to 366. so i canceled my first order and reordered. then the next week it went down to 338..

KYRGYZ

Reaction score
Car(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
they’re always fluctuating man, i purchased my px6 for $400. then it went on sale the same week to 366. so i canceled my first order and reordered. then the next week it went down to 338..
Yeah, it is weird, I put one in my cart, price changed to $180+$40 shipping... total $220

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Can one of you guys snap a few pictures of the 32 Pin wiring harness on both the Radio and the Car side. You should see similar colors as mine. I have a theory why my backup camera is not working....but I need to see someone else's cable connector. Here are the top and bottom of mine in the attached pictures to give you a reference. I believe I am missing a wire that you guys have on your cars, because I have the 6 Sp Manual with the 5" non-touch stereo. I know this is asking a lot....but it would help me immensely. Appreciate anyone who can do this for me.

Anyone else have a M400 Head Unit that had a 6 Sp Manual Sport with the 5" crappy non-touch radio..? I am not sure if anyone here has that radio and my car and has the backup camera working.

Appreciate you guys!
Steve

32 Pin Connector - Car Side - Bottom.jpg

32 Pin Connector - Car Side - Top.jpg

32 Pin Connector - Radio Side - Bottom.jpg

32 Pin Connector - Radio Side - Bottomo.jpg

naldy

First Name
mick
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Can one of you guys snap a few pictures of the 32 Pin wiring harness on both the Radio and the Car side. You should see similar colors as mine. I have a theory why my backup camera is not working....but I need to see someone else's cable connector. Here are the top and bottom of mine in the attached pictures to give you a reference. I believe I am missing a wire that you guys have on your cars, because I have the 6 Sp Manual with the 5" non-touch stereo. I know this is asking a lot....but it would help me immensely. Appreciate anyone who can do this for me.

Anyone else have a M400 Head Unit that had a 6 Sp Manual Sport with the 5" crappy non-touch radio..? I am not sure if anyone here has that radio and my car and has the backup camera working.

Appreciate you guys!
Steve

32 Pin Connector - Car Side - Bottom.jpg

32 Pin Connector - Car Side - Top.jpg

32 Pin Connector - Radio Side - Bottom.jpg

32 Pin Connector - Radio Side - Bottomo.jpg
can you post some more pictures of your overall wiring?

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
can you post some more pictures of your overall wiring?
I have pictures of almost all of it....because I was thinking about making an installation help file for those less electrical than us. here are a few more.....AND....two PDF files. One for the 5" radio and one for the 7" touch. If you look at the pinout for the 32 pin connectors for both of them....see pins 15 and 16. One is Detects connection for Rearview Camera...and the other is Detects Reverse Signal. My connector for the M400 has no wires for pins 15 or 16.....and my car doesn't have a pin 15....like the 7" touch connector has....and I am wondering if that is why I am not seeing the radio react to when I put it in reverse. If you had the 7" touch radio....I am wondering what your 32 pin connector looks like on both sides. If your pin 15(Reverse Signal) is being used...then I might be able to detect that with my Reverse lights. My radio just does not respond to the car going into reverse.

Possible back of unit.jpg

IMG-6499.jpg

IMG-6498.jpg

IMG-6465.jpg

Attachments

KYRGYZ

Reaction score
Car(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Did anyone figure out how to replace loading logo from Android 10 to Honda logo?

KYRGYZ

Reaction score
Car(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I did.....I did it under Extra Settings. Model type. Under that is a Logo Change.
I went there, model type did show logo change, but had only Android 10 as an option

civic model x

Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been trying to figure out which unit to buy think I am looking to probably settle on the m400 even though I can afford the px6

Unless I am wrong I only see about three advantages that the px6 has that is making this cost about $130 more than the m400. Not sure if it’s worth it.

PX6 Pros
No physical buttons (maybe an advantage?)
Faster processor
Android 10 (but others have stated their m400 are on android 10)
HDMI

Last edited:

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
I went there, model type did show logo change, but had only Android 10 as an option
I had to go thru the model change type for the Canbus. I was trying to get my reverse camera working by trying different Canbus car types. By selecting Honda Civic 2016 New Public with AC and/or Rt Mirror Camera...there is a button that says Set Logo. I picked Honda. It then writes it to the MCU and reboots. Then the logo shows up at boot for me.

Advertisement

Advertisement