9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Hey guys, I just got a Pioneer DMH 2660NEX for my 2019 Sport Hatch and I love it but the backup camera is wonky as hell and I lose OEM USB. I came across these Android units a year ago and was kind of turned off by the horror stories I've heard about them being slow, slow bootup time, bad build quality, backup camera issues, etc.

But they seem to have gotten a lot better since then.

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but the sheer amount of these is a bit overwhelming. Which ones in particular would you guys recommend? I spent about $500 or so on my Pioneer (w/ steering wheel adapter, ready-harness,Metra Kit, etc) So I don't mind spending about that much on one of these.

I don't have much experience with car audio so it would need to be as plug n play as possible. I MUST have Apple Carplay, backup cameras (all 3 "angles" if possible), steering wheel controls, usable OEM USB port.

So which one do you guys recommend and what accessories would I need to buy? I'd like to keep as many OEM features as possible. And has anyone had any issues with audio quality, as that is very important to me, right now my Pioneer sounds AMAZING

Thanks guys!
Hi man. So there are bunch of different models in market. But basically they're all from China.
So you can get them from amazon, which is around $500-$550. And you can get exactly same thing from aliexpress which is $340-$370(you're gonna wait couple weeks shipping tho).
1st alternative
US $379.37 29% Off | Car 1 din android GPS for Honda Civic 10 2015 2016 2017 2018 Autoradio navigation head unit radio 4Gb+32Gb Android 10 PX5 8-Core
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d7lFGbS

2nd alternative:
US $112.70 | Bluetooth Car Radio Screen GPS Navigator Parktronic Display Car DVD Player Rear View Camera Monitor For Honda CIVIC 2016 2017
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d7IcUbw

3rd alternative:Dasaita 9" Android Car GPS Radio for Honda Civic 2015 2016 2017 2018 Audio Video Player 4G RAM 64G ROM Build in Carplay/Android Auto https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08131TFDS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_sBBkFbNN700BS

4th alternative( if I were you I would get this one here)
US $296.00 20% Off | JOYING 9" Head unit Android Octa Core Car Radio Stereo For Honda Civic 2016 2017 2018 2019 GPS DVD Player WIFI SWC DSP Carplay
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dV5kkPS

5th alternative:
https://phoenixautomotiveinc.com/pr...id-navigation-radio-for-honda-civic-2016-2019

So i made my search and I ended up with all these models. They all coming from China. You'll wait couple weeks. If you don't want freezing, lagging interface get the highest hardware specs. 4gb+64gb. I'm not associated with Joying but all my searches ending up with Joying. They've been producing car radios last 20 years. Check all links and get whatever you like most. But IMO they all same.
Sponsored

Last edited:

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hi man. So there are bunch of different models in market. But basically they're all from China.
So you can get them from amazon, which is around $500-$550. And you can get exactly same thing from aliexpress which is $340-$370(you're gonna wait couple weeks shipping tho).
1st alternative
US $379.37 29% Off | Car 1 din android GPS for Honda Civic 10 2015 2016 2017 2018 Autoradio navigation head unit radio 4Gb+32Gb Android 10 PX5 8-Core
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d7lFGbS

2nd alternative:
US $112.70 | Bluetooth Car Radio Screen GPS Navigator Parktronic Display Car DVD Player Rear View Camera Monitor For Honda CIVIC 2016 2017
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d7IcUbw

3rd alternative:Dasaita 9" Android Car GPS Radio for Honda Civic 2015 2016 2017 2018 Audio Video Player 4G RAM 64G ROM Build in Carplay/Android Auto https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08131TFDS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_sBBkFbNN700BS

4th alternative( if I were you I would get this one here)
US $296.00 20% Off | JOYING 9" Head unit Android Octa Core Car Radio Stereo For Honda Civic 2016 2017 2018 2019 GPS DVD Player WIFI SWC DSP Carplay
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dV5kkPS

5th alternative:
https://phoenixautomotiveinc.com/pr...id-navigation-radio-for-honda-civic-2016-2019

So i made my search and I ended up with all these models. They all coming from China. You'll wait couple weeks. If you don't want freezing, lagging interface get the highest hardware specs. 4gb+64gb. I'm not associated with Joying but all my searches ending up with Joying. They've been producing car radios last 20 years. Check all links and get whatever you like most. But IMO they all same.

This has been really useful, thank you!I'm leaning towards the Joying. Do you know if it has the Joying logo at the bottom? I see it on a few models online and would prefer it not to. And do you know of any review or demo videos for that model?

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This has been really useful, thank you!I'm leaning towards the Joying. Do you know if it has the Joying logo at the bottom? I see it on a few models online and would prefer it not to. And do you know of any review or demo videos for that model?
I sent them an e mail they said there is no Joying logo.
i couldn't find the same one but this should be helpful. Because i know that they're using same CPU, Ram and Memory configurations for all models.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i couldn't find the same one but this should be helpful. Because i know that they're using same CPU, Ram and Memory configurations for all models.
Alright man, I'm sold. I think I'm gonna buy one. How bad are customs fees?

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Alright man, I'm sold. I think I'm gonna buy one. How bad are customs fees?
I don't think there will be custom fees.
and another thing, since you're using Pioneer headunit currently, I'm not really sure you'll be satisfied about these products here. Because I believe that Pioneer is one of top three companies for car stereo system. These guys here all made from android tablets. So just imagine how good amp inside of them? I mean I'm sure way much better than stock LX headunit. But not really sure better than Pioneer ?

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I don't think there will be custom fees.
and another thing, since you're using Pioneer headunit currently, I'm not really sure you'll be satisfied about these products here. Because I believe that Pioneer is one of top three companies for car stereo system. These guys here all made from android tablets. So just imagine how good amp inside of them? I mean I'm sure way much better than stock LX headunit. But not really sure better than Pioneer ?
Yeah that's what I was afraid of... my main issue with the pioneer is that it totally fucked up my rear camera. Super wide fish-eye with only one display option, and it flickers constantly. Guess I can always return the Joying or sell it if I end up not liking it, as I have 60 days to return my Pioneer

Last edited:

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And is the

Yeah that's what I was afraid of... my main issue with the pioneer is that it totally fucked up my rear camera. Super wide fish-eye with only one display option, and it flickers constantly. Guess I can always return the Joying or sell it if I end up not liking it, as I have 60 days to return my Pioneer
Yeah you can sell on forum. Maybe little less than original price but still. Maybe there is some member in your area who has Android head unit who knows ?start new thread and ask ?

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
[QUOTE = "S60doc, publicación: 833669, miembro: 36247"]
Hola chicos, soy yo otra vez. Hice mucha búsqueda y luego terminé con este producto aquí. Creo que esta es la mejor opción hasta ahora. Tiene una resolución de 1280x720 píxeles, construido en carplay, 4G + Wifi. Se ve un poco diferente a Phoenix, pero le da una oportunidad a este.

https://www.joyingauto.com/joying-l...-plug-and-play-for-honda-civic-2016-2017.html

También encuentro pareja en A liexpress, lo mismo que Phoenix pero más barato.
Agregaré fotos, tal vez incluso video, cuando podamos obtener la unidad.
[/ CITAR]

Acabo de comprar esto en su versión de 4 / 64gb y estaba realmente fascinado con su buen rendimiento. Además de la ventaja de tener Android Auto y Apple Carplay integrados.

IMG_20200719_203815.jpg
how are you liking it? does the backup camera and oem functions still work fine? how is the speed and overall responsiveness?

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Ditched my Pioneer and got one of these for the same reasons. Been very happy with it.

Now if I could only figure out how to update it.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Ditched my Pioneer and got one of these for the same reasons. Been very happy with it.

Now if I could only figure out how to update it.
I've been following your posts here and there lol. which one did you purchase and how are you liking it so far, any complaints? Also how does audio quality compare to your pioneer?

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I've been following your posts here and there lol. which one did you purchase and how are you liking it so far, any complaints? Also how does audio quality compare to your pioneer?
No complaints at all. It's been working great since day one. I went with this one. Had it within a week.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254337312140

All components in my car are stock with the exception of the head unit and I didn't notice any difference in sound quality at all going from the Pioneer to this.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
No complaints at all. It's been working great since day one. I went with this one. Had it within a week.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254337312140

All components in my car are stock with the exception of the head unit and I didn't notice any difference in sound quality at all going from the Pioneer to this.
Perfect! thanks for the info, hopefully the Joying I ordered will be as easy to use/set up as yours was. And good to know I won't be fucking my audio quality with one of these

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Perfect! thanks for the info, hopefully the Joying I ordered will be as easy to use/set up as yours was. And good to know I won't be fucking my audio quality with one of these

I immediately bought the paid version of Agama Car Launcher as well to use for the UI. Found it way better than the stock one. Forgot to mention that originally.

jimmy100

First Name
Jimmy De L Cruz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2020 2.0L, Elantra 2015 1.8L
Country flag
[QUOTE = "naldy, publicación: 856325, miembro: 33297"]
como te gusta ¿Las funciones de cámara de respaldo y OEM todavía funcionan bien? ¿Cómo es la velocidad y la capacidad de respuesta general?
[/CITAR]

SIf the cameras work perfectly, the response speed and screen quality is very good. I was absolutely satisfied.

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Blue Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
Back when I had the Dasaita 9" PX6, I had a difficult time seeing the screen when wearing polarized sunglasses. Has anyone else noticed this problem on the alternative Android head units that you all have installed?
Sponsored