9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

MikeM1991

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes should work with yours. It basically plug and play. Sometimes you gotta mess with the settings to get everything how you want. The newer ones come with Apple CarPlay and android auto already in the headunit.
Thanks! I've just been watching some Youtube video's on this unit. Love how it looks. Fully customize-able? Widgets etc? How's the screen? Is it better quality/resolution than the OEM?
Sponsored

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Thanks! I've just been watching some Youtube video's on this unit. Love how it looks. Fully customize-able? Widgets etc? How's the screen? Is it better quality/resolution than the OEM?
Yea fully customizable cause you can download new launchers from the play store. Screen looks better than stock. You should try the Phoenix automotive or get them from dasaita directly.

trm96

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
I really want one of these. How hard what this to install?

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Thanks what I both wanted to hear but not hear? There is so much I wan to do, but so little money to do it...
When I don’t wanna spend the money outright I use an app called affirm. You apply and you get pre approved for an amount and you can chose to pay it over 3,6 or 12 months.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
There is so much info on here, getting started on reading 40+ pages is a pretty grueling task. If any of you are up to it, here’s the bit of info im looking for.
I have a 2020 Si sedan. Would I be able to install one of these aftermarket head units, retain my center channel, or at least its functionality in the stereo channels, as well as run a new amplifier and dsp? If so, how do I even begin doing this? The stock external amp supposedly has a built-in DSP that Honda tried to use to polish a turd (the speakers they chose) with and it’s all over the place in terms of gain and crossovers...I mean...40 hz low pass on the sub?? Crazy.

I have 2 sets of focal component speaker/tweeters, as well as a sub/amp/wiring kit and NVX’s version of the lc2i on the way. How can I gain control of my system...what would I need to do with this head unit, and an external amp/DSP without spending a small fortune? Thanks.
I'm affraid this unit will not do what you want. There's a pic (showed below) of the back panel from this link https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32992517178.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.26624c4dPyUNJh

As you see, it's all analog audio output. Some guy in the Si Forum claimed he was able to hook up a USB to SPDiF converter and was able to feed the SPDiF output to the factory digital amp and get audio out to the factory speakers. However, he later found out that the factory digital amp shuts itself down when the RS485 signal from the factory head is removed.

Plus with people complaining about radio reception and audio quality and the fact that no XM Radio, I think I'll wait for the day when the factory head SPDif2 output and RS485 signal is hacked.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1587963900830

Last edited:

MikeM1991

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea fully customizable cause you can download new launchers from the play store. Screen looks better than stock. You should try the Phoenix automotive or get them from dasaita directly.
Thanks for getting back to me! ?

The one disappointment I have is the screen on the stock Unit, could of been sharper and more responsive for sure. I am definitely going to look into this.

The Phoenix Android Audio system can come with more RAM and disc space now too! I'm sold.

nyczrayy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver
Country flag
Ah, so much to read through. So I recently just installed the phoenix HU on my ex hatch which I purchased straight from phoenix site. The difference from the one there and the ones I am seeing here is the size of the entire unit, Mine does not have the protruding board and circuitry. Its all integrated behind the screen so its pretty compact. I was able to retain the factory USB ports on the car but will need another adapter to do both. I was also sent a incorrect aux and cam cable where it didnt come with the R cam for lanewatch. Over all, it has its issues but it the pros kind of outweighs them. Question for all you guys with the HU, did your backup cam quality degrade dramatically? And the most important question that lead me here is, since TPMS calibration/reset and maintenance minder was always done through the stock oem HU of EX models and up, how do we reset them now? I haven't been able to find that function through the Android HU. Your advice is much appreciated!!

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Ah, so much to read through. So I recently just installed the phoenix HU on my ex hatch which I purchased straight from phoenix site. The difference from the one there and the ones I am seeing here is the size of the entire unit, Mine does not have the protruding board and circuitry. Its all integrated behind the screen so its pretty compact. I was able to retain the factory USB ports on the car but will need another adapter to do both. I was also sent a incorrect aux and cam cable where it didnt come with the R cam for lanewatch. Over all, it has its issues but it the pros kind of outweighs them. Question for all you guys with the HU, did your backup cam quality degrade dramatically? And the most important question that lead me here is, since TPMS calibration/reset and maintenance minder was always done through the stock oem HU of EX models and up, how do we reset them now? I haven't been able to find that function through the Android HU. Your advice is much appreciated!!
Are you sure it doesn’t have the cable for lane watch sometimes you gotta mess with the settings. The backup camera looks grainy because the screen is bigger. You lose all of the tpms calibration. For the oil mine still reminds me but there’s a button to reset the oil reminders. I’ll look into what option it’s in

nyczrayy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver
Country flag
Are you sure it doesn’t have the cable for lane watch sometimes you gotta mess with the settings. The backup camera looks grainy because the screen is bigger. You lose all of the tpms calibration. For the oil mine still reminds me but there’s a button to reset the oil reminders. I’ll look into what option it’s in
Yeah, the cable sent with the unit suppose to have it split in two, one for backup and one for R mirror cam, but this is based on what I saw in whats available on youtube as everyone that had that option had it. I thought I was very specific when I purchased the unit as phoenix wanted a discription of vehicle and a picture of factory HU. Speaking so, I had forgotten to ask, my climate button does nothing, nothing shows up on the HU. pressing on and off works to whatever setting I had prior to swapping. Would anyone happened to know if theres a specific apk or setting that can activate the climate onscreen? Thanks guys!

SamualSS

First Name
Samual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Benz
Country flag
On mine I since I have Apple Music, I downloaded the Apple Music app and it shows correctly when what song I’m playing. I couldn’t get the song info with the A2DP app either.
I can save the info of the songs from Apple Music with the help of the Music Converter for Mac from DRmare. It is powerful to convert and download Apple Music songs. And it helps to preserve the title, genre, year, or other info when I save the songs. So great and I can also send the songs to other players for offline listening.

ChadWeaver_16

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag

dt17

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback turbo 2017
Country flag

Oddizy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2018
Country flag
I'm having a problem with bluetooth calls. There is no sound coming from the speakers.
Music from spotify is working but not bluetooth calls.
I have a Dasaita PX6 installed in my Civic 2018.
Could someone with the same setup please post some pictures with their factory settings?
Think it might have something to with that...
Sponsored