9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

azonc

First Name
Azon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019Civic LX4Dsedan, 2015Odyssey EX, 2010Civic LX
Country flag
Where can order Teyes CC3?
Sponsored

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The unit comes with a Canbus, so most functions are still accessible, but you lose TPMS calibration. The sensors including Honda sensing still work and will display warnings on the dash, but you can't calibrate or reset those sensors from the aftermarket head unit like you can with the stock unit. I use the Autel ap200 OBD2 to perform those functions and more. Teyes sells an OBD2 unit as well and they have a cool-looking app baked into the software for you to monitor and calibrate those sensors. Door functions are retained completely. I walk away from my car and it locks the doors. Teyes also offers their own TPMS sensors that you can install and monitor with their head unit.

As for sound, the DSP and amp(TDA 7851) are superior to those on the eight-speaker head unit. After installing the CC3, I felt the shortcomings of the stock speakers, but overall impressions are better than stock. The sound feels cleaner to me till I crank up the volume to 20 and over. It also depends on the quality of the song. I mostly use youtube music. The bass rattles the doors, which is another point in the car that needs some work. Other audio features include pre-outs for a 5.1 system, coaxial and SPDIF output, 27 level EQ, and sound filtering. I'll link a video that goes a bit in-depth on the audio functions.

Teyes CC3 audio functions

The stock camera, which is super low res, becomes evident once you install the Teyes head unit, which runs at 720p. Luckily, you get a free 1080p rear camera, but setting that up requires some wiring. Nothing too crazy, tbh. The camera that came in the box works fine and has crazy low light visibility, but mine is sometimes blurry. This issue might have been my own doing, as it appears this was a rare problem when I checked the forums for what could be the cause. If you want, Teyes sells a $30 Sony camera upgrade which offers a wider FOV and even better low light visibility than the free camera, which is already an incredible leap over the stock camera.

The box came with cables that allow you to retain your factory USB ports. Android Auto/Apple Carplay work just fine but no wireless android auto. With that said, the stock software is so good, I don't use any of them.
On the note of TPMS calibration, can't you still calibrate from the instrument cluster via your steering wheel controls? That's how my Joying and Navifly units worked at least

Tobiman

First Name
Oluwatobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
On the note of TPMS calibration, can't you still calibrate from the instrument cluster via your steering wheel controls? That's how my Joying and Navifly units worked at least
The vehicle settings option is removed after I swapped out my head unit.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The vehicle settings option is removed after I swapped out my head unit.
That's really odd, I'd maybe adjust your Canbus settings in your unit. I've never ran into that before. My Joying unit even gave me additional features in my instrument cluster that I didn't even have before

Tobiman

First Name
Oluwatobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
That's really odd, I'd maybe adjust your Canbus settings in your unit. I've never ran into that before. My Joying unit even gave me additional features in my instrument cluster that I didn't even have before
I'll take a look. Thanks for the heads up.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
The fact that comments are turned off and they don't have a website (or at least don't list anything other than social media on the video) make me a little nervous about them. Otherwise super cool.

Edit: Found their website. No option to buy the product. I'll consider tis if it'll let me use the head unit of my choice.

Last edited:

spdmn75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
The fact that comments are turned off and they don't have a website (or at least don't list anything other than social media on the video) make me a little nervous about them. Otherwise super cool.

Edit: Found their website. No option to buy the product. I'll consider tis if it'll let me use the head unit of my choice.
Lots of places to purchase. just google the part number

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey guys, haven’t posted in this thread in a while. So my Navifly PX6 has always been working pretty well for the last year and a half other than this one flaw.

After a few months of use I started noticing that my clock in the instrument cluster was wrong. Then I started noticing that my steering wheel controls would sporadically stop working. Apple CarPlay would also give me a weird error code (see picture)

I figured this was an issue with the red CANBUS adapter. I got a replacement adapter from Navifly for $5. Worked for a few months then same exact thing. Got another replacement. And now, another few months later, same thing.

So after burning through 3 adapters now I’m starting to get annoyed. Anyone else have experience with this error code, or any of the issues I’ve been having?
E030EFCA-AEF2-405A-BE89-9BAB4C5D725C.jpeg
After a year of dealing with this bullshit I finally give up. I’ve talked to 3-4 customer service reps sending me through various loops. The last rep and I went back and forth for TWO WEEKS all for him to tell me yesterday that “looks like your software is corrupted ?”. I asked him if there were any firmware updates or troubleshooting steps I could take and he hit me back with “this product has been discontinued “ I’m beyond frustrated. I purchased the top of the line model last september for $380 just for it to never function properly and their customer service reps are less useful than youtube…

tbf I do seem to be the only person with these issues, so don’t let this deter you. But I guess the moral of the story is that if there’s ever even a small issue, return it immediately

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
After a year of dealing with this bullshit I finally give up. I’ve talked to 3-4 customer service reps sending me through various loops. The last rep and I went back and forth for TWO WEEKS all for him to tell me yesterday that “looks like your software is corrupted ?”. I asked him if there were any firmware updates or troubleshooting steps I could take and he hit me back with “this product has been discontinued “ I’m beyond frustrated. I purchased the top of the line model last september for $380 just for it to never function properly and their customer service reps are less useful than youtube…

tbf I do seem to be the only person with these issues, so don’t let this deter you. But I guess the moral of the story is that if there’s ever even a small issue, return it immediately
So sorry Naldy! Sort of glad I just went with the M400! Stupid question....did they ever give u the login password to completely do a Full Reset? Also did u ever look up the Russian website for these android radios? You have to translate them , but they are full of detailed info....with various trial firmware. I was too paranoid to try any of them, but if you are going for a new one anyway, then it might be worth a try....just saying.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So sorry Naldy! Sort of glad I just went with the M400! Stupid question....did they ever give u the login password to completely do a Full Reset? Also did u ever look up the Russian website for these android radios? You have to translate them , but they are full of detailed info....with various trial firmware. I was too paranoid to try any of them, but if you are going for a new one anyway, then it might be worth a try....just saying.
I just did a factory reset and now Zlink does not function at all…. it says it needs to be activated but I can’t get it working. I’m beyond frustrated lol

What’s the website?
Sponsored