9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

azonc

First Name
Azon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019Civic LX4Dsedan, 2015Odyssey EX, 2010Civic LX
Country flag
US $117.99 23%OFF | car radio 2din android10 car multimedia player gps navigation for honda civic 2016 2017 2018 car monitor head unit usb dvr
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNOcWxZ

I didn't get the most expensive option.

Hope this helps.
Thank you. I am looking for Apple car play build in one. But the price is interesting. Is it "8inch 1G 16G"?
In this forums most people use Navifly M400. Now it is discontinued. Any good replacement?
Sponsored

runner001

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX, 2011 Odyssey
Country flag
Thank you. I am looking for Apple car play build in one. But the price is interesting. Is it "8inch 1G 16G"?
In this forums most people use Navifly M400. Now it is discontinued. Any good replacement?
I originally ordered the Navifly m500. I couldn't get the steering wheel functions to work after all the help here and after I got a canbus replacement.

This one has the steering wheel functions working and so far I'm able to get the screen on my phone to mirror on the radio. I'm about 85% satisfied.

GamShrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX 4Dr Sedan 2019
Country flag
I got the backup camera to work! Apparently there's a separate cable that connects to the back of the radio that I overlooked.

Despite the difficulty with connecting it to the wifi and to my phone via Android auto, I think this one's a keeper.
Did you have to use any sort of voltage regulator? I've seen some posts about the backup camera being 6V but android head units output 12V or something. I just pulled the trigger on Navifly M600S, and my only concerns are getting it to integrate with SWC and my factory Backup camera, as I've read those can be finicky.

runner001

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got the option that cost $163

runner001

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you have to use any sort of voltage regulator? I've seen some posts about the backup camera being 6V but android head units output 12V or something. I just pulled the trigger on Navifly M600S, and my only concerns are getting it to integrate with SWC and my factory Backup camera, as I've read those can be finicky.
No. It was a separate cable that I thought wasn't necessary (there are a few that I'm not using) but it turns out it's specifically for the backup camera.

I was never able to get the swc to function with my Navifly even after trying all the Honda vehicle selections on the canbus and then with a new canbus.

Oh and they sent the wrong radio antenna connection. I had to use the hack someone here posted to get it to work.

GamShrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX 4Dr Sedan 2019
Country flag
No. It was a separate cable that I thought wasn't necessary (there are a few that I'm not using) but it turns out it's specifically for the backup camera.

I was never able to get the swc to function with my Navifly even after trying all the Honda vehicle selections on the canbus and then with a new canbus.

Oh and they sent the wrong radio antenna connection. I had to use the hack someone here posted to get it to work.
I plugged in everything I could find somewhere to plug into. My steering wheel controls work great, but can't get an image in the backup camera.

runner001

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I plugged in everything I could find somewhere to plug into. My steering wheel controls work great, but can't get an image in the backup camera.
I had to same problem and didn't realize that there's a separate, extra yellow video cable that's not part of the bunches of wires already attached to the harnesses. You plug in the yellow video cable from the car into that cable and it plugs in directly to the back of the head unit.

udihamudi65

First Name
Ehud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I originally ordered the Navifly m500. I couldn't get the steering wheel functions to work after all the help here and after I got a canbus replacement.

This one has the steering wheel functions working and so far I'm able to get the screen on my phone to mirror on the radio. I'm about 85% satisfied.
Can you specify what are the 15% you are not satisfied with. Any functions from the OEM HU lost?

runner001

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can you specify what are the 15% you are not satisfied with. Any functions from the OEM HU lost?
I have the LX trim model so the only steering wheel functions are volume, channel and input sources. All of those work.

The sound coming through the speakers via the m500 sounds better than the sound from the one I have now. The m500 had a cooling fan, this one does not.

udihamudi65

First Name
Ehud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
A question to FK8 owners: can you control rev match with aftermarket HU?

runner001

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Question for anyone with the answer, I'm trying to wire my dash cam to be always on so it can have parking monitoring.

Which fuse should I pull and plug my kit into?

Thanks!

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 20211002_162440

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey guys, haven’t posted in this thread in a while. So my Navifly PX6 has always been working pretty well for the last year and a half other than this one flaw.

After a few months of use I started noticing that my clock in the instrument cluster was wrong. Then I started noticing that my steering wheel controls would sporadically stop working. Apple CarPlay would also give me a weird error code (see picture)

I figured this was an issue with the red CANBUS adapter. I got a replacement adapter from Navifly for $5. Worked for a few months then same exact thing. Got another replacement. And now, another few months later, same thing.

So after burning through 3 adapters now I’m starting to get annoyed. Anyone else have experience with this error code, or any of the issues I’ve been having?
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) E030EFCA-AEF2-405A-BE89-9BAB4C5D725C

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
Hey guys, haven’t posted in this thread in a while. So my Navifly PX6 has always been working pretty well for the last year and a half other than this one flaw.

After a few months of use I started noticing that my clock in the instrument cluster was wrong. Then I started noticing that my steering wheel controls would sporadically stop working. Apple CarPlay would also give me a weird error code (see picture)

I figured this was an issue with the red CANBUS adapter. I got a replacement adapter from Navifly for $5. Worked for a few months then same exact thing. Got another replacement. And now, another few months later, same thing.

So after burning through 3 adapters now I’m starting to get annoyed. Anyone else have experience with this error code, or any of the issues I’ve been having?
E030EFCA-AEF2-405A-BE89-9BAB4C5D725C.jpeg
I have never seen this error....nor have I had any issues with my canbus adapter. BUT...I am running the M400 and have a Manual six speed LX.....so I replaced the simple radio. I am wondering if you are getting spikes when you start up your car. You might try some type of surge suppressor on the 12V line going to the adapter.....other than that, I am not sure, as I don't have a way to test it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
Hi everyone!

I'm getting sick of my stock head unit in my car due to how bad it can lag sometimes (I believe this is mostly through Android Auto, admittedly). Additionally I've been having some pretty annoying errors lately.
I'm also kind of interested in wireless Android Auto.

I've been looking into possible head units, and I see a lot of people mentioning Navifly, but I'm also reading tons of issues with navifly and I usually try to steer away from off-brand chinese parts for my car.

I'm currently looking at the Pioneer DMH-WT8600NEX.
It claims it retains access to stock features such as TPMS, etc. Would anyone else know whether or not I could still update my oil change alerts through this, door lock settings, if there'd be any issues my audio (currently running stock speakers)? Rear / Side camera's. Anything else I didn't mention but are handled by the current headunit.

Also this Head Unit is 10.1", so I'm not actually sure it'll fit my car.

I drive a 2018 Honda Civic si.

Thanks in advance for any advice guys!

It's either this, or I'm tempted to take my current unit apart and see about manually adding some ram to it.

Ideally if I can add this pioneer unit to my car, I should be able to add an app for my garage door (my remote really sucks at opening my garage door from inside the car for some reason), I could add Netflix/Youtube for when my wife forces me to drive her to a store and I sit in the parking lot for 40 minutes waiting on her, etc.

My nearby Audio Express sells a dashkit for $600 that I'm not sure is necessary, but I don't really know much about car audio.
I also might want to change out my speakers / subwoofer later, so if I should prepare by pre-installing anything that would be nice to know too.
Sponsored

Last edited: