9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
Ok, so the screen to select "crider" is there. There's also a lot of "CAN box type" to choose.

1) What kind of confirmation would I notice if it worked?

2) does it need to be connected to the internet when I select each one? Does it need time to download a new file or anything?

I've been selecting a vehicle, then switching to the steering wheel config screen and seeing if I can get it to let me program a button. It's connected via hotspot to my phone the whole time.

3) what kind of response does the unit give to confirm it recognizes your attempt at remapping a steering wheel button?
1. If it works you will know it immediately because the volume up and down should adjust the radio sound accordingly.
2. Mine does not need to be connected directly to the internet. I believe all the options must already be in the radio software image. Doesn't matter if it is connected to your phone or not.
3. I have not remapped my buttons....and I have not gotten that to work perfectly. I typically only use volume up and down and song select forward and back.

Just select Crider and try it....if the volume buttons work...then the rest should be programmable.
Sponsored

runner001

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX, 2011 Odyssey
Country flag
but which "CAN box type" should I choose? leave it on the one it selected by default?

runner001

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks jtrader for posting your solution to the radio antenna problem. I followed your directions and now I'm able to get a much better radio signal. I pulled the two blue wires out with their pins intact and just slipped them together rather than cutting and stripping.

The radio signal strength still isn't how it was before the head unit was swapped though.

The damn steering wheel buttons still won't work. I went through the entire canbus menu and selected every one and anything with Honda as a maker. I tried all the models and trims. Nothing works.

I emailed the seller and you'll never guess what they suggested. They said I should select "raise Honda 16 new Civic." So not helpful!

I asked if the unit might need an update. They said I have the latest.

Anyone have any suggestions?

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks jtrader for posting your solution to the radio antenna problem. I followed your directions and now I'm able to get a much better radio signal. I pulled the two blue wires out with their pins intact and just slipped them together rather than cutting and stripping.

The radio signal strength still isn't how it was before the head unit was swapped though.

The damn steering wheel buttons still won't work. I went through the entire canbus menu and selected every one and anything with Honda as a maker. I tried all the models and trims. Nothing works.

I emailed the seller and you'll never guess what they suggested. They said I should select "raise Honda 16 new Civic." So not helpful!

I asked if the unit might need an update. They said I have the latest.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Bad Canbus unit? Bad cable connection to canbus? Radio canbus output bad? Have no idea how to test any of those things though. Tell them to ship u a new canbus or tell them to send u an rma so u can send the whole radio back. Not very helpful I know. Sorry

runner001

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I piggybacked off of someone's mic placement solution. I think it was you, caldersm44.

I removed the map light assembly and slipped the mic through. I removed the factory mic and used the clip that came with the mic and clipped it into the same place the factory mic was. Now I just gotta make sure I don't misplace that factory mic over the years.

Thanks for the suggestions regarding the canbus. I'll see how cooperative the seller is.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 20210611_173509

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 20210611_173503

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 20210611_173428

btycda36

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So far no more blank screen issues with my m400 and everything has been smooth. However when hanging up from a phone call, the radio volume goes incredibly loud for a split second then back to the volume I was listening to. Like it's confused switching from the Bluetooth call back to the radio?. Any settings I should be looking through to fix it?

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So far no more blank screen issues with my m400 and everything has been smooth. However when hanging up from a phone call, the radio volume goes incredibly loud for a split second then back to the volume I was listening to. Like it's confused switching from the Bluetooth call back to the radio?. Any settings I should be looking through to fix it?
Assume u are using android phone? Because CarPlay doesn't do that on me iPhone.

runner001

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The volume on my radio sometimes mysteriously increases to the max level. When I try to turn it down, the radio competes with me to turn it back up.

runner001

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So my Navi doesn't let me play any videos regardless of the state the car is in. If I'm parked, it says I can't do that because it's not safe. If I turn off the engineer and leave the power on acc, it still says the same thing.

Solutions?
Thanks guys

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So my Navi doesn't let me play any videos regardless of the state the car is in. If I'm parked, it says I can't do that because it's not safe. If I turn off the engineer and leave the power on acc, it still says the same thing.

Solutions?
Thanks guys
There is a setting for that. Am not near my car but it is either in Car Settings or Other settings. It is Not intuitive so it may take some searching. Also I needed to be connected directly to WiFi for it to work I believe. I rarely use it

runner001

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you remember what the setting might be called? I've played with all the settings by now and don't recall something that would disable the ability to play a video.

runner001

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What do you guys make of this?

It started acting up and I just reset it. As it booted back up this is what it did. This happens daily, although to a lesser degree. Usually it just raises the volume.

Excuse the empty roll of tp.

Last edited:

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What do you guys make of this?

It started acting up and I just reset it. As it booted back up this is what it did. This happens daily, although to a lesser degree. Usually it just raises the volume.

Excuse the empty roll of tp.

Acts like a stuck button...maybe on the steering wheel? Press them all really hard several times.

1. Remove the canbus connector and see if the issue goes away.

2. did u try to completely remove all power from the radio in the back?
Sponsored