9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

Marlin2000

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport 2019
Country flag
Martin.....not sure what that connector doe

Martin,

Not sure what that pioneer connector does...? The standard HB comes with four connectors....a 24 pin, a 32 pin, a connector that has USB and the Amplifier connector.
1622035192194.png

Unless someone rewired the existing cables, I am not sure what that plug goes to....is there an external amp or where does that plug connect on the car side...?

I have attached the PDF of the wiring for the Honda 5" stereo...which is the one I show above....it is the one that mine came with...I did not have the 7" touch screen. This PDF shows all the wire colors....you can probably decipher what wires are on that cable and whether they moved them or not. I can't tell what it does from your picture.
Thanks this pdf is very useful! Not sure either, to be honest I suspect that it was rewired when they built in the Pioneer. It’s the same company that had a look now as well and told me it doesn’t fit.

i will take a closer look myself first see if there are any other plugs than the pioneer plug and maybe go to another audio shop. I’m not that handy when it comes to car/audio electronics.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
For whatever reason, my unit does not seem to have USB inputs. Can anyone clarify, was that something That was wired off one of the large harnesses? Or am I just missing a piece? I bought this off a forum member and it works great but the lack of a USB is bothering me immensely
What unit did you buy....? On the honda side the USB is show in the post I just made above....it is the square connector with a thick gray wire in it. If you have the M400 then you need a seperate black female square connector on one end and a 6 pin male plug that goes into the radio. You can see it here in my install pic.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1622037118365

Below is another picture I found showing that cable....you can probably send an email with this picture to the manufacturer of the radio and they can source this cable for you. This is the one that connects the USB Honda cable for the built in port below the console to the radio directly. There is also a cable that goes from the radio to a female USB connector that I put in my glove box too.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1622038338946

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
What unit did you buy....? On the honda side the USB is show in the post I just made above....it is the square connector with a thick gray wire in it. If you have the M400 then you need a seperate black female square connector on one end and a 6 pin male plug that goes into the radio. You can see it here in my install pic.
1622037118365.png

Below is another picture I found showing that cable....you can probably send an email with this picture to the manufacturer of the radio and they can source this cable for you. This is the one that connects the USB Honda cable for the built in port below the console to the radio directly. There is also a cable that goes from the radio to a female USB connector that I put in my glove box too.

1622038338946.png
I know this sounds dumb but I honestly don’t even know it wasn’t clearly marked.

Got it from a classified here as “Phoenix Android radio”

The install was super simple, the wireless CarPlay works, steering controls, backup camera all function as factory. I definitely did not see that little plug your showing though.

And buried in my dash, I saw nothing resembling a USB.

Interestingly, the usb outlet works in my car to charge the phone but it isn’t connected to the radio at all. I’m going to have to take it all back out again to really look.

Is the grey cable in the middle of this photo the usb from the car?

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) DCDB415D-158B-4051-A736-A936E417A46F

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know this sounds dumb but I honestly don’t even know it wasn’t clearly marked.

Got it from a classified here as “Phoenix Android radio”

The install was super simple, the wireless CarPlay works, steering controls, backup camera all function as factory. I definitely did not see that little plug your showing though.

And buried in my dash, I saw nothing resembling a USB.

Interestingly, the usb outlet works in my car to charge the phone but it isn’t connected to the radio at all. I’m going to have to take it all back out again to really look.

Is the grey cable in the middle of this photo the usb from the car?

DCDB415D-158B-4051-A736-A936E417A46F.jpeg
Yes!! The one on the left is the one that is connected to the port located behind your ktuner. The smaller square one with the light gray foam. In fact I see all the cables needed out there now. There is also a small cable that comes with the radio with a four pin white connector that has a female usb connector on the other end that can hang in your glove box. That gives u two usb connections from my M400 radio.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes!! The one on the left is the one that is connected to the port located behind your ktuner. The smaller square one with the light gray foam. In fact I see all the cables needed out there now. There is also a small cable that comes with the radio with a four pin white connector that has a female usb connector on the other end that can hang in your glove box. That gives u two usb connections from my M400 radio.
Woah.

I know for a fact I didn’t plug in a 4 pin to a USB, I def did not have that. But I do think I plugged in that gray foam one.

So the USB under the ktuner should be working as a link to the headunit. Maybe I’m doing something wrong

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Woah.

I know for a fact I didn’t plug in a 4 pin to a USB, I def did not have that. But I do think I plugged in that gray foam one.

So the USB under the ktuner should be working as a link to the headunit. Maybe I’m doing something wrong
Correct.....if you have USB power there then it has to be plugged into the radio and the radio should see anything plugged into that USB. Most other radios use that USB port for Carplay for the iPhone....but since you and I have wireless carplay....we don't need it for that. In fact, I don't use that port at all....I put in a two port USB cigarette lighter adapter with a wireless charger that charges up my iPhone as I use Wireless Carplay...it is a killer setup.

The 4 pin to USB female cable was an extra USB that I fed into the glove box that I would sometimes put in a USB flash drive with Movies ripped to it so the kids could watch when we traveled. It came extra with my radio.

Here is the wireless charger below. It took a bit to find one that would perfectly fit in the small area and still fit my iPhone SE 2020 there.

Link -->> Wireless Charger (Square Small)
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) Wireless Car Charger

runner001

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX, 2011 Odyssey
Country flag
This seems to be one of the more active threads. It's insanely long! I've read through the 10 most recent pages but didn't find what I was looking for.

I just got a 2018 Civic LX sedan. I'm interested in replacing the head unit and was wondering if I can get some suggestions.

Looking for:
Full steering wheel functions
Support for my Samsung phone
WiFi connectivity
Pricing flexible but around $300

Thank you for the help.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Correct.....if you have USB power there then it has to be plugged into the radio and the radio should see anything plugged into that USB. Most other radios use that USB port for Carplay for the iPhone....but since you and I have wireless carplay....we don't need it for that. In fact, I don't use that port at all....I put in a two port USB cigarette lighter adapter with a wireless charger that charges up my iPhone as I use Wireless Carplay...it is a killer setup.

The 4 pin to USB female cable was an extra USB that I fed into the glove box that I would sometimes put in a USB flash drive with Movies ripped to it so the kids could watch when we traveled. It came extra with my radio.

Here is the wireless charger below. It took a bit to find one that would perfectly fit in the small area and still fit my iPhone SE 2020 there.

Wireless Car Charger.png

So hey I pulled it all out today and discovered something:

port D, I need that connector! I am totally missing that USB input

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 3A699F61-5E2D-4E43-8594-7A2DA5371B85

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 41279CD8-E8B4-42DA-B5A6-56308A8E1F94

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So hey I pulled it all out today and discovered something:

port D, I need that connector! I am totally missing that USB input

3A699F61-5E2D-4E43-8594-7A2DA5371B85.jpeg

41279CD8-E8B4-42DA-B5A6-56308A8E1F94.jpeg
Yup.....that's the one.
Hey...did u notice your gave serial number 00004! Like the 4th one for that radio line. That's really neat!

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This seems to be one of the more active threads. It's insanely long! I've read through the 10 most recent pages but didn't find what I was looking for.

I just got a 2018 Civic LX sedan. I'm interested in replacing the head unit and was wondering if I can get some suggestions.

Looking for:
Full steering wheel functions
Support for my Samsung phone
WiFi connectivity
Pricing flexible but around $300

Thank you for the help.
M500 or M600
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4001128175941.html

runner001

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX, 2011 Odyssey
Country flag
Thanks for the link, caldersm44. I just placed the order for the m500.

You mentioned a few posts ago that you replaced the single USB port with a 2 port USB cigarette lighter adapter. Do you mind going into further detail about how you did that and where you got the part from?

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the link, caldersm44. I just placed the order for the m500.

You mentioned a few posts ago that you replaced the single USB port with a 2 port USB cigarette lighter adapter. Do you mind going into further detail about how you did that and where you got the part from?
The adapter is just a two port usb charger so I can plug in my wireless charger.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MH3USB...abc_C995KGT1F2YH1S2E1PQW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

U will have two USB ports into the radio....one that connects to the existing port in the lower section below the radio and u will also receive an additional cable that attaches to the back of the radio and has a longer usb female jack that can be placed into the glove compartment

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yup.....that's the one.
Hey...did u notice your gave serial number 00004! Like the 4th one for that radio line. That's really neat!
that is really neat!

I contacted Phoenix, hopefully they can just send me a replacement cable.

I have no idea what kind I would need, I searched for 8 pin USB and nothing really comes up

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
that is really neat!

I contacted Phoenix, hopefully they can just send me a replacement cable.

I have no idea what kind I would need, I searched for 8 pin USB and nothing really comes up
They would need to supply it for sure. Mine are 4 pin and 6 pin....never seen the 8 pin one.

RBZIC

First Name
RAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI 2017
Country flag
Hey guys, so I haven't read everything. But has everyone installed one like that for the SI 2017 model or similar. I ordered one but had to return it because so many plugs were missing. I suppose it is because of the high-end speaker system in the car. Can you please advise ? Thanks
Sponsored