9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
This is my m400 version. Same as yours
A76140E8-9011-4C66-A5B6-F0E6531E25CA.jpeg
Guess I will just hang out at this firmware for now. Only issue I have is when Maps will speak directions, the volume will reduce and not come full back up until I exit CarPlay. So I can't listen to direction....same for all gps applications.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guess I will just hang out at this firmware for now. Only issue I have is when Maps will speak directions, the volume will reduce and not come full back up until I exit CarPlay. So I can't listen to direction....same for all gps applications.
That’s odd. I don’t have that issue. On car play it lowers the volume and comes back up. What I do get is maps.me on the android side does not mute to lower volume could be the app I guess. Maybe because I use waze in car play. But waze has been buggy. I always have to close it the first time I start it on apple car play then it works.

Last edited:

MyGirlsCivic

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
It is using WiFi to tether......but there is no WiFi antennae....unless it is using the 4G one. I have that pictured below....mine is pushed back and dangling above the bottom console. Also I use a wireless charger that fits perfectly and charges my iPhone pretty quickly.

Make sure that you setup your iPhone IP to be manually connected to the radio....below is the information I believe Naldy posted....this is VERY important for quick and consistent connection. If you can't figure it out....just email me back and I can step you through it. It is 100% better with a fixed IP.

"If you're using an iphone, go into your Settings>Wifi>[Tablet Wifi]. Click the little (i) button then change "Configure IP" to Manual. Copy over The IP Address and Subnet Mask from the previous screen, BUT leave "Router" completely blank. This will make sure your phone doesn't try to connect to the Tablet's wifi for actual internet access"

4G antenna....might be what they use for WiFi....not sure.

My wireless charger....from Amazon....is amazing...and only $17 for two right now
Link -->> Wireless Charger (Square Small)
Thanks for posting this again. Her phone was set to that, but at some point the unit was set to have its wifi tethering off. I turned that and Bluetooth tethering back on.
Makes sense that part is the wifi antenna, now that you show it, I remember it. I'll have to open up the unit and place it somewhere ideal.
Hopefully the wifi settings fix the issues. Thanks again!

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for posting this again. Her phone was set to that, but at some point the unit was set to have its wifi tethering off. I turned that and Bluetooth tethering back on.
Makes sense that part is the wifi antenna, now that you show it, I remember it. I'll have to open up the unit and place it somewhere ideal.
Hopefully the wifi settings fix the issues. Thanks again!
I placed in the OEM area where the nav trims placed, under the gauge trim. Pull forward and up. Need some good forearm strength. the mic I placed on a blank button.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) D22CCAD3-8553-484C-B5A5-25B3E2C86A40

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 351DBBC8-1338-4EC0-97B9-6F7722C387EF
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 0488AE94-403F-49A5-947A-7B82C38260A9

NoobDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
It is plug and play now that we have figured out everything in this thread. Order it and then spend an hour looking through the thread....there are gems for setup in there. If you have a manual 6 speed....then you will need to buy some T-Taps to connect the reverse signal to the radio....it is one wire. Other than that....everything is pretty straight forward....and we can help too.
Hi i have a 2018 hatch sport 6 MT so the reverse camera wont work and i have to tap on wire?. Is it on the start of the thread coz i started reading for 65 sorry.

munchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan
Country flag
Hi all, I bought an Android head unit, but I'm having trouble getting the backup camera to work. I have a 2018 LX CVT. It registers that the car is in reverse and pops up the backup guidelines, but there's no actual image. There is an unused plug, but I'm hoping that's just because I had the standard radio system. I took some pictures but I don't know what would help. Does anyone have any ideas?
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) PXL_20210204_154735303
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) PXL_20201006_002713316

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Show us your yellow cable connectors. You must have the cam plugged into the wrong connector. These are the plugs I am using and below u can see I what I have plugged in...sort of. LoL. You are missing the 20 pin connector?
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1621735285028

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1621735519846

udihamudi65

First Name
Ehud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
This thread is so long an confusing and would appreciate some help. Building an audio system for my type R with "premium" system (euro spec 10 speakers, not 11, because no sub), including amps and DSP. Looking for a good clean unequalized signal for my DSP. Could someone recap what is the best head unit to buy right now?

munchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan
Country flag
Show us your yellow cable connectors. You must have the cam plugged into the wrong connector. These are the plugs I am using and below u can see I what I have plugged in...sort of. LoL. You are missing the 20 pin connector?
1621735285028.png

1621735519846.png
I have two possible connections but neither works...the one that's unplugged here is connected to the unused plug, which I took a pic of as well.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) PXL_20210523_175006609
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) PXL_20210523_175020170

Marlin2000

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport 2019
Country flag
Hi guys, I bought the Mekede 7862 but found out that my Honda Civic HB Sport 2019 (Manual) has an old type of plug?

My Civic comes with the plug on the left and the Mekede has the plug on the right. Any suggestions on some converter I can buy or would I need to cut and tie the wires one by one?

Btw, my Civic didn’t come with original Honda radio but with a cheap pioneer radio. Not sure if that clarifies why it has a different plug.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 94594839-B438-4B8F-9B32-4A71781A291D

Mekede support team said I need to get this one below.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) F135DBB7-5B5F-4231-94A2-306273F65530

Last edited:

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Martin.....not sure what that connector doe
Hi guys, I bought the Mekede 7862 but found out that my Honda Civic HB Sport 2019 (Manual) has an old type of plug?

My Civic comes with the plug on the left and the Mekede has the plug on the right. Any suggestions on some converter I can buy or would I need to cut and tie the wires one by one?

Btw, my Civic didn’t come with original Honda radio but with a cheap pioneer radio. Not sure if that clarifies why it has a different plug.

94594839-B438-4B8F-9B32-4A71781A291D.jpeg

Mekede support team said I need to get this one below.
F135DBB7-5B5F-4231-94A2-306273F65530.png
Martin,

Not sure what that pioneer connector does...? The standard HB comes with four connectors....a 24 pin, a 32 pin, a connector that has USB and the Amplifier connector.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1622035192194

Unless someone rewired the existing cables, I am not sure what that plug goes to....is there an external amp or where does that plug connect on the car side...?

I have attached the PDF of the wiring for the Honda 5" stereo...which is the one I show above....it is the one that mine came with...I did not have the 7" touch screen. This PDF shows all the wire colors....you can probably decipher what wires are on that cable and whether they moved them or not. I can't tell what it does from your picture.

Attachments

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
For whatever reason, my unit does not seem to have USB inputs. Can anyone clarify, was that something That was wired off one of the large harnesses? Or am I just missing a piece? I bought this off a forum member and it works great but the lack of a USB is bothering me immensely
Sponsored