9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wouldn’t mind an update as long as it doesnt break anything. Maybe fix some bugs. Refine and speed up the unit. Provide more options in the menu.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
Wouldn’t mind an update as long as it doesnt break anything. Maybe fix some bugs. Refine and speed up the unit. Provide more options in the menu.
Me too...!!

If there is a new firmware.....I will be the guinea pig for testing.....unless you want to be. LOL..!!

I need to figure how how to do a full backup before I proceed.

Alex Joz

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sport Hatch, VW Golf mk2
Country flag

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here you go:

https://fs.163.com/fs/display/?file...r3kzOwldnpVabtPaLdDdDqYplNCaNywy8JARR9o-fmRyw

https://fs.163.com/fs/display/?file...r3vnVuThCCVs0JzFrmab_FfDUdH2nWPnoZTUTbzRTGOPA

Chinese instruction, but if you want, google translate will do the job pretty well =)

NB! You do any modifications at your own risk. This firmware does not sute M500/M600 units!
Eeek..! That sounds a bit scary....even for myself who does crazy stuff. So does anyone know how to backup the radio firmware before I attempt this conversion...? I believe I will need to have a safe backup before I possibly brick my radio.

Where did you get these files...? How can I verify they are for the M400...?

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Eeek..! That sounds a bit scary....even for myself who does crazy stuff. So does anyone know how to backup the radio firmware before I attempt this conversion...? I believe I will need to have a safe backup before I possibly brick my radio.

Where did you get these files...? How can I verify they are for the M400...?
Curious to see what version I have when I get home from work.

Current version you have
V11.1.2_20200722.142227_THEME1-X

The new version provided in link (version number is higher so assuming it is newer)

V11.1.2_20201102.143407_THEME1-X

appears consistent with the version number so it should be for the m400 but ofcourse you can rename anything.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Curious to see what version I have when I get home from work.

Current version you have
V11.1.2_20200722.142227_THEME1-X

The new version provided in link (version number is higher so assuming it is newer)

V11.1.2_20201102.143407_THEME1-X

appears consistent with the version number so it should be for the m400 but ofcourse you can rename anything.
Let me know what version you have.....and whether you are going to take the risk. Right now....I can't get the larger zip file to download. It is SUPER slow and times out on me.....after only about 300k of data.....and I have super fast gig speed fiber! So I am not sure how to get the file anyway.

EDIT -- I found a place to download it that works much faster and has the same name and file size -->> Firmware Link

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let me know what version you have.....and whether you are going to take the risk. Right now....I can't get the larger zip file to download. It is SUPER slow and times out on me.....after only about 300k of data.....and I have super fast gig speed fiber! So I am not sure how to get the file anyway.

EDIT -- I found a place to download it that works much faster and has the same name and file size -->> Firmware Link
So far I have almost no issues with my m400. Besides little things such as the mph being off on the theme when going at higher speeds but shows fine in maps.me. Some other apps are in kmh which I’m sure firmware won’t change that since it’s suppose to be catered to overseas. I would like backup camera lines to be adjustable when in dynamic mode. But having them stationary is fine as it is adjustable in stationary mode.

I was always told if it ain’t broke don’t mess with it. So I may not update it.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So far I have almost no issues with my m400. Besides little things such as the mph being off on the theme when going at higher speeds but shows fine in maps.me. Some other apps are in kmh which I’m sure firmware won’t change that since it’s suppose to be catered to overseas. I would like backup camera lines to be adjustable when in dynamic mode. But having them stationary is fine as it is adjustable in stationary mode.

I was always told if it ain’t broke to mess with it. So I might not update it.
Based on the given intel.....I probably won't either.....I just don't have a good way to restore it. If I did or there was ample tech support available, then I would risk it. Let me know your version either way.

Also...Navifly did send me a zip file with supposedly a fix to get the Google Play Store working....so I am going to try that later today.....

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Based on the given intel.....I probably won't either.....I just don't have a good way to restore it. If I did or there was ample tech support available, then I would risk it. Let me know your version either way.

Also...Navifly did send me a zip file with supposedly a fix to get the Google Play Store working....so I am going to try that later today.....
Will do on letting you know the firmware. My play store did not work out of the box. Same with google browser. I had to clear the cache on the apps and it worked for me. In the settings apps. Not in the app itself.

MyGirlsCivic

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
I haven't come back to this thread in months. Set the m400 up on my daughter's car and stopped checking here after getting so much help. Outta sight, outta mind. Appreciate having such a helpful community here.
Turns out she's been having an issue where her wireless carplay often loses connection and she says it depends on where her phone is at the time. So she places it close and under the unit and usually gets reconnected. Sometimes it just won't.
I don't remember, is there some sort of antenna on the unit for the wireless carplay that I should move to a better spot?
Also, since she always has her phone plugged in, how do I make carplay use her USB cable? Is there a way to toggle between the 2?
Thanks, all!

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I haven't come back to this thread in months. Set the m400 up on my daughter's car and stopped checking here after getting so much help. Outta sight, outta mind. Appreciate having such a helpful community here.
Turns out she's been having an issue where her wireless carplay often loses connection and she says it depends on where her phone is at the time. So she places it close and under the unit and usually gets reconnected. Sometimes it just won't.
I don't remember, is there some sort of antenna on the unit for the wireless carplay that I should move to a better spot?
Also, since she always has her phone plugged in, how do I make carplay use her USB cable? Is there a way to toggle between the 2?
Thanks, all!
It is using WiFi to tether......but there is no WiFi antennae....unless it is using the 4G one. I have that pictured below....mine is pushed back and dangling above the bottom console. Also I use a wireless charger that fits perfectly and charges my iPhone pretty quickly.

Make sure that you setup your iPhone IP to be manually connected to the radio....below is the information I believe Naldy posted....this is VERY important for quick and consistent connection. If you can't figure it out....just email me back and I can step you through it. It is 100% better with a fixed IP.

"If you're using an iphone, go into your Settings>Wifi>[Tablet Wifi]. Click the little (i) button then change "Configure IP" to Manual. Copy over The IP Address and Subnet Mask from the previous screen, BUT leave "Router" completely blank. This will make sure your phone doesn't try to connect to the Tablet's wifi for actual internet access"

4G antenna....might be what they use for WiFi....not sure.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1619212479968

My wireless charger....from Amazon....is amazing...and only $17 for two right now
Link -->> Wireless Charger (Square Small)
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1619212556629