hertzr34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 128i and Honda Civic Hatchback 2017 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
:imnew:

Hello Everyone,
I am not sure if this has been addressed. I installed a set of 08 Si wheels on my FK7. I checked the offsets and it looked good. Anyway, I went to Goodyear to install tires and mount the wheels. It seems the rears fit perfectly fine but the fronts were rubbing on the calipers. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how big a spacer and if I need extended lug nuts? Thank you! Any and all suggestions will help.
Honda Civic 10th gen 8th gen wheels on fk7 IMG_3833.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 8th gen wheels on fk7 IMG_3832.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 8th gen wheels on fk7 IMG_3822.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 8th gen wheels on fk7 IMG_3830.JPG

Last edited:

Torino_85

Hector & Christine
First Name
Christine&Hec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic lx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:imnew:

Hello Everyone,
I am not sure if this has been addressed. I installed a set of 08 Si wheels on my FK7. I checked the offsets and it looked good. Anyway, I went to Goodyear to install tires and mount the wheels. It seems the rears fit perfectly fine but the fronts were rubbing on the calipers. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how big a spacer and if I need extended lug nuts? Thank you! Any and all suggestions will help.
IMG_3833.JPG
IMG_3832.JPG
IMG_3822.JPG
IMG_3830.JPG
I can see no one gave you feed back. I was hoping I’d see some. I bought some wheels like this, and I’m debating on what tire size I should go with. I’m guessing it needs spacers to have a good fitment. Hopefully my loca tire shop can help me and I will give you feed back even though this is over 2 years old lol.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
3mm to 5mm spacers are usually fine to install over existing studs. But first find out how many mm is needed to clear the calipers.

Torino_85

Hector & Christine
First Name
Christine&Hec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic lx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
3mm to 5mm spacers are usually fine to install over existing studs. But first find out how many mm is needed to clear the calipers.
Cleaning calipers is my main concern, I also want a flush fitment, I have a feeling that’s going to be a challenge. I just want a 2nd set for a rainy day. thanks for the feed back, I didn’t think I would get any since this thread is 2 years ago until I replied this morning.

Torino_85

Hector & Christine
First Name
Christine&Hec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic lx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did it. Doesn’t look as I want it to, but it can happen.

Honda Civic 10th gen 8th gen wheels on fk7 19FAF38C-F2FE-4F9F-8FC9-3194E91F6003

Torino_85

Hector & Christine
First Name
Christine&Hec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic lx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What size spacers did you need?
I only did 5mm in the front just to clear the calipers since that’s all I needed . The back didn’t need any so I left alone for now. I plan on getting bigger ones in the near future for a flush fit, Front and back.

Torino_85

Hector & Christine
First Name
Christine&Hec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic lx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those would look great with some 25mm spacers.
I do plan on getting bigger spacers for it. i didn’t have them yesterday, but I will be getting some soon to get a flush fit.

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
I'm late to the party, but I thought I'd ask, do those of you who used 5mm spacers on the front have enough wheel stud length? I'm not fond of the 17" OEM EX-T wheels on my 2016, but I do have a spare set of 8th gen SI wheels, I'd rather put them on. Also, is there a 5mm hub-centric spacer available and does it have a flange/taper to accommodate on either side?

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
I'm late to the party, but I thought I'd ask, do those of you who used 5mm spacers on the front have enough wheel stud length? I'm not fond of the 17" OEM EX-T wheels on my 2016, but I do have a spare set of 8th gen SI wheels, I'd rather put them on. Also, is there a 5mm hub-centric spacer available and does it have a flange/taper to accommodate on either side?
well I went ahead and did it anyway.
2008 SI wheels on a 2016 EX-t
I used 5mm spacers all the way around, needed them for brake caliper clearance
(car needs a wash, lol)

Honda Civic 10th gen 8th gen wheels on fk7 IMG_4120[1].JPG
Sponsored