PSPEC

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex hatch
Country flag
I have a 2018 ex hatch with this spoiler. It's the mid wing hatch spoiler with third brake light.

What color black is this? Specifically the paint code from honda.

Thanks
Sponsored

akirarex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Country flag
There is no such paint code for that part.
The plastic material is the color of the part. .... it is not painted.

OP
OP

PSPEC

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex hatch
Country flag
I've read this misinformation on this forum and other places on the internet. The rear wing and the front grill and front bumper inserts are all painted - the same color. I've seen it called piano black. I've seen it called berlina black (might actually be this color) if you look at it in the sun there is actually very fine bluish glitter in it. Honda doesnt advertise the color but the parts are painted.

Go look at your mid wing in the sun and tell me you dont see some orange peel in the clear coat and fine blue glitter in the base coat.

Who knows the actual color code? I want to color match my front lip and wheel spokes.

Thanks

akirarex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Country flag
OP
OP

PSPEC

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex hatch
Country flag
If you are right and the base color is in the resin with clear on top it's still tecnically painted. The color in the plastic should be named and/or matchable with liquid paint.

I have some highway rock chips on some of my front glossy plastics - grill/bumper inserts and they look like regular black plastic underneath without that fine blue pearl - maybe hard to see with gloss missing. Can you see any dark blue pearl on the backside of that front grill?

Last edited:

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you are right and the base color is in the resin with clear on top it's still tecnically painted. The color in the plastic should be named and/or matchable with liquid paint.

I have some highway rock chips on some of my front glossy plastics - grill/bumper inserts and they look like regular black plastic underneath without that fine blue pearl - maybe hard to see with gloss missing. Can you see any dark blue pearl on the backside of that front grill?
Have you looked at nighthawk black pearl? If it is still not the shade of black you want, then wrap it in gloss black.

OP
OP

PSPEC

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex hatch
Country flag
Have you looked at nighthawk black pearl? If it is still not the shade of black you want, then wrap it in gloss black.
Yes. I had my 5th gen accord painted that color. It's very blue in the sun. Its black but blue in the sun like crows feathers.

The civic gloss black is "black" but when you get really close up to it there is a very fine blue pearl in it, almost not noticable. At least that's what it looks like to me..

DallasCRX

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Honda GL1100 GoldWing Interstate, 1986 Honda CRX Si, 2009 Honda CRF250X, 2009 Aprilia Shiver, 2010 Nissan Frontier, 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have a 2018 ex hatch with this spoiler. It's the mid wing hatch spoiler with third brake light.

What color black is this? Specifically the paint code from honda.

Thanks
This part is painted NH-547, Berlina Black, as is the front grille. The garnishes in the bumpers are not painted, just material colour.
Sponsored