6spd Sport vs CVT Sport Touring

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7 Sport Touring Polished Metallic
Country flag
6 speed sport apparently "stock?" with "just a blow off valve" just absolutely fucked me In a roll race every time. I refuse to believe what I've witnessed, its like his car was tuned. He pulled away instantly at the start and took off after a gear shift. He put an entire 2 bus lengths between the vehicles. I dont think that mf was telling the truth about being stock. I doubt a 300 lb weight difference would contribute to that, plus I fucking DOGGED my friends modded 10th gen Si. Did I just race the fast shifter In the world or something?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
My biggest takeaway is that guy will be having issues down the road due to "blow off valve". :cool: On the other hand, the manual is rated for 15 more lb/ft of torque, so there's that.

OP
OP
Qchon

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My biggest takeaway is that guy will be having issues down the road due to "blow off valve". :cool: On the other hand, the manual is rated for 15 more lb/ft of torque, so there's that.
I warned him about the BOV but said its only "hybrid BOVs" that cause the damage. Yeah ok. He said he beat a stage 1 tuned FK7 with DP front pipe and intake as well. Did the dealer sell the dude a tuned vehicle??

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did he buy it used? It's possible somebody traded in a Civic with a tune on it. But if he's not tuned he's not beating a tuned Civic w/bolt ons.

OP
OP
Qchon

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did he buy it used? It's possible somebody traded in a Civic with a tune on it. But if he's not tuned he's not beating a tuned Civic w/bolt ons.
He did buy used. It was a 2020, so maybe prev owner didn't like the tune and traded it in. He was keeping up/beat at top end a BRZ with bolt ons, and a WRX we were with. Im really considering that he mightve been on a tune. My jaw dropped when the race started cuz he fucking took off. At the last of 3 races I intentionally jumped and still he pulled ahead instantly. I lost to both Subarus by a Car length. Can't wait to tune the vehicle after warranty is up.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
He did buy used. It was a 2020, so maybe prev owner didn't like the tune and traded it in. He was keeping up/beat at top end a BRZ with bolt ons, and a WRX we were with. Im really considering that he mightve been on a tune. My jaw dropped when the race started cuz he fucking took off. At the last of 3 races I intentionally jumped and still he pulled ahead instantly. I lost to both Subarus by a Car length. Can't wait to tune the vehicle after warranty is up.
As far as warranty, let me throw this out here as CivicX's tuning reliability guru.

Have you looked at my tuning reliability survey thread? Tuning, done right and without abuse, has proven pretty damn reliable.

I tuned at the 10 month mark. I'm now nearly tuned for 3 years. I figured that waiting 5 years to really enjoy my car was far too long.

Reactions: RMR

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Maybe it was a debadged type R ??

OP
OP
Qchon

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As far as warranty, let me throw this out here as CivicX's tuning reliability guru.

Have you looked at my tuning reliability survey thread? Tuning, done right and without abuse, has proven pretty damn reliable.

I tuned at the 10 month mark. I'm now nearly tuned for 3 years. I figured that waiting 5 years to really enjoy my car was far too long.
Yes I read it every time there's a new post. Only reason I want to wait is so I didnt just waste money on a 100k warranty, and just incase I get unlucky and something becomes faulty, breaks,or was already faulty. I might say fuck it and make them replace my AC, then just pull the trigger on the ktuner. Getting that Phearable tune because everyone says tsp is laggy down low. And no it wasn't a type R. As I said i inspected his hood, all stock except BOV. And no type r front brake vents, rotors, pads everything. Was definitely a regular sport. Gapped the sgit out of me too.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
6 speed sport apparently "stock?" with "just a blow off valve" just absolutely fucked me In a roll race every time. I refuse to believe what I've witnessed, its like his car was tuned. He pulled away instantly at the start and took off after a gear shift. He put an entire 2 bus lengths between the vehicles. I dont think that mf was telling the truth about being stock. I doubt a 300 lb weight difference would contribute to that, plus I fucking DOGGED my friends modded 10th gen Si. Did I just race the fast shifter In the world or something?
If the 6mt is brake boosting, then that absolutely can make sense.